ADVERTISEMENT

Tech vs Texas

Why is it that anytime the team gets any momentum going, and look like they are going to string together a few wins they come out and f it up.

Being 1500 miles away i obviously didn't hear the interview. But this is big time college football. This is not Wake Forrest.This is the University of Texas. And at the University of Texas players have to accept their share of the responsibility. Coach Herman didn't throw the interception and he didn't fall down on the winning td catch.
You are right. But Herman did call a pass on 3rd and 2 and didn’t have a goaline package ready 2 separate times. AND allowed Beck to continue calling horrible plays. Before y’all tell me poor execution. I know. BUT good coaches put players in a position to win and that was not done tonight.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Texas football should NEVER look like this. We aren’t in the SEC. The Big 12 is one of the easiest leagues win in. The majority of preseason opponents are creampuffs.

I’m not a fan of Beck at all, he did call a bad game; but there were definitely plays that were there that just weren’t executed. The reverse pass, where Bert held it too long and let Sam get too close to the side-line in the end-zone. Sam under-throwing Johnson when the DB was toast. Porter had a first-down near the goal line if he just sticks his head in there instead of bouncing off of the OG and going backwards. The two picks were terrible. I love Sam, but this loss is just as much on him as it is on Beck.

3rd and 2 inside Tech territory up 3 with less than 2:30 left? It was a terrible call. There is no need to think anything other than that is just pitiful

I am a Sooner from ‘85. Had Neb and tu as bitter but very well respected rivals. Now osu and tcu are tougher by a mile. Let that sink in. You both are middling programs that are not relevant, and haven’t been for years. What’s worse is there’s no change in sight. For both. Here’s the weird part. Want you guys back. I know this is a tu site but Old big8 and big12 opponents read these so this is for both of you. Find and fix the issues, the losing culture and come back to the high stakes table. Now maybe it’s not appropriate to include Neb here but both programs have fallen so far from the norm it’s worth the comparison

Texas football should NEVER look like this. We aren’t in the SEC. The Big 12 is one of the easiest leagues win in. The majority of preseason opponents are creampuffs.

I don't know what you think of this but it appears that when the P6 bowl games are announced next weekend the Texas Longhorns will have played three of them. One of them a team we lost to by three points in double overtime, another a playoff team with a Heisman winner by 5 points. I mean at least it's not losing to KS or getting shut out by ISU. I mean that's got to mean something.

I don't know what you think of this but it appears that when the P6 bowl games are announced next weekend the Texas Longhorns will have played three of them. One of them a team we lost to by three points in double overtime, another a playoff team with a Heisman winner by 5 points. I mean at least it's not losing to KS or getting shut out by ISU. I mean that's got to mean something.

So, they all beat us and so did Tech. Gotta cut bait on this one.

Nebraska a lost cause. Getting shut out of Texas recruiting has killed that team. Guess they are getting more $$ via Big 10 so maybe that makes up for it. But UT always has the recruiting edge. Except for QBs. Why it is going on 8 years and still no killer QB is the biggest mystery of all.

I am a Sooner from ‘85. Had Neb and tu as bitter but very well respected rivals. Now osu and tcu are tougher by a mile. Let that sink in. You both are middling programs that are not relevant, and haven’t been for years. What’s worse is there’s no change in sight. For both. Here’s the weird part. Want you guys back. I know this is a tu site but Old big8 and big12 opponents read these so this is for both of you. Find and fix the issues, the losing culture and come back to the high stakes table. Now maybe it’s not appropriate to include Neb here but both programs have fallen so far from the norm it’s worth the comparison

Nice try Aggie...

And just for the record.......yet again, when I said we were at best a 7-5 team, and I caught mountains of sh!t over saying that, where are the dudes that dished out all that sh!t.?

Big 12 teams that beat Tech this year:
Oklahoma State 41-34
Iowa State 31-13
Kansas State 42-35
West Virginia 46-35
Oklahoma 49-27
TCU 27-3

Tech only beat: Texas, Kansas, & Baylor (in Big 12 play).

It means we played some good teams-some well & some not. We also lost to teams we had no business losing too. There are only 2 Big 12 teams worse than Tech - Baylor & Kansas. We lost to a coach about to get fired today.

Reactions: nklemons
Hey weev not an aggy by any stretch. Lawton high 81 straight to Ou and had Danny Bradley in class for a week then never saw him again. Was at a party with boz and aikman and never saw a guy as wasted as Troy was so Nope not agsy or whatever u call those losers. Grew up only wanting to beat 2 teams the shuckers and tu. Guess you still want agsy to be in the middle of everything tsip but I come on here to read and laugh at your bickering, but enough is enough. Tu is my favorite opponent now that Neb is gone. Actually always has been you guys. Was there in 81 when we got stuffed, 83 same crap and there in the cold rain in 84 when we got screwed. It’s just not the same without big bad Tx looming on the sched...the national hype...the extreme highs and the lows that go with ou-tx week. Just my .05

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Just finished watching both the basketball game and the football game on DVR. Neither team knows how to finish a game. Both teams controlled the entire game and didn’t finish it.
Bad loss for the football team. Really hoping Herman sees that for long term success he has to dump beck. Why even allow Sam to throw that first pick? Run the ball with young, or Sam. Keep the clock moving at the least and if you don’t get it you’ve been penning them deep all night.

I see some hope for the future with this team but I think Herman has to seriously think about if Tim Beck really is the guy that he’s going to win a title with at Texas.

Well weev I guess we gotta agree to disagree cuz I ain’t giving tu the correct letter order no matter what you say (and FYI Tulsa ain’t even in any kind of orbit in our discussions now or ever)..also since you obviously don’t dwell in big red land you can’t really speak authoritatively about what we do to diminish the stature of our southern rivals now can you? But seriously man I do not come on here to One-on one my most hated rival or as you may think to kick a fella when he’s down. Hell I lived in Waco and corpus during the 90s so I had to swallow a f ton of j Blake and schnelly burger garbage they put out. No football-brother weev I simply think there’s something apparently Klingon cloaked amiss in Austin that is painfully obvious in Norman...yes you have whiffed on qb selections the past 8 years but more than that you have failed to line up big f’in uglies in the trenches that bull stomped opponents on both sides. Mean mothers who had teams tapping out by halftime. That was tu football when I strolled the fairgrounds as a kid...listening to the deafening roars that came from which side I didn’t know, waiting for dad to come out and tell me if it was cotton candy or silent scowls back to Lawton. Or actually being inside the bowl, and thinking there’s no way we can push those giants around with our smaller but maybe faster Switzer led boys. Hell its late and I can’t stand to see tech beat anybody so I’m talking too much. My apologies

Oh and tsip is just Old skool stuff I used to hear from dad when I was a little kid. Always thought it was odd til it was explained that tu was the hoity toity school in texas and a-m was the country boys so tea sippers was an insult

Farewell to the losingest Senior class in Texas history.

Man that's wrong. That's really a between the lines way of saying their losers.

Because despite all the losses a lot of these seniors had four position coaches during their time at Texas. The rest had three. And now that I think about it we had 3 fifth year seniors on this team and it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them had 5. I've talked a lot about that this year. It had to have affected their confidence.

It means we played some good teams-some well & some not. We also lost to teams we had no business losing too. There are only 2 Big 12 teams worse than Tech - Baylor & Kansas. We lost to a coach about to get fired today.
I think Pat Forde nailed Herman's MO when UT hired him. His teams play well as underdogs and horribly as favorites. The problem is, at UT he should NOT be a double-digit underdog that often, and ugly losses as a home favorite cannot be dismissed simply because you played competitively against some good teams.
Baylor played Oklahoma close, too, and given their 1-11 record this year, I would not say that game was an indicator of a program headed in the right direction.

3rd and 2 inside Tech territory up 3 with less than 2:30 left? It was a terrible call. There is no need to think anything other than that is just pitiful
It was the critical play of the game and the Oc does not have the confidence to run the ball for 2 yards even if he had to go for it on 4th down.No,lets put the ball in the hands of freshman turnover Sam again to throw another pick and lose the game.

We're not winning anything until we have a veteran QB and a decent o line. Doesn't matter who's coaching.
Oh I disagree. I think it definitely matters who’s coaching. But absolutely a veteran line and QB would help

I think it matters who is coaching too. That's why I want us all to pitch in and buy Tim Beck a one way ticket back to where ever the f@ck he came from. He is simply gawd awful.

I know enough about football to know you attack the other teams weaknesses. Tech got gouged on the ground by every team they played, thus a weakness. What did Tim Beck do? He put the ball in the hands of an 18 yr old freshman QB and had him throw it out of bounds all day long.

Now that is some serious idiocy right there.

Mr. Beck . . . please be on the next bus out of town, you stink.

I agree Beck should go, but the next guy is going to have his work cut out for him just the same.

I am as pissed as anybody....but it seems to me we had no ability to run the ball. That crappy Tech defense stuffed us time after time. I also saw no proof that Sam is as good a passer as Case McCoy.

How hard is it to run a QB sneak from under center? Quit this shotgun stuff on the goal line.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT