ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Leaving the Big XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew something was up when the link was black, not orange, as if I had already clicked it before. Still got me though.

Deloss doesn't even care about the tiebreaker being changed because if it's changed than the new rule may screw us next year.

Originally posted by bmccorm2:
You really just typed all of that out? If so, thats really impressive as it reads as it is legit. Nice job.
Yeah, writing is one of the few talents I have (other than selling diamonds and romancing my wifey). I'm hoping Ketch will see the ability and let me moonlight as a OB writer when I'm not selling diamonds, engagement rings and watches.

What say ye Ketch? Deal or no deal? p.s. In addition to being a good writer, I'm also well versed in spell check.
smilie2.gif

This guy deserves a one-year free subscription to Orangebloods.

Maestro!

Originally posted by OrangePhoenix:
Someone is REALLY bored
Says the guy surfing an internet message board.
smilie2.gif

Only took about 40 minutes to type & research, and I had a few hours to kill waiting to hear on a few diamond/engagement projects. Plus, writing is cathartic and enjoyable for me.

thank god i clicked the link, i had the number dialed to call some friends

laugh.gif
well done my friend

ACC makes sense every way but geographically. I'd take it over the Big XII right now.

Damn you Ice Man.

First rule of reading Orangebloods posts is: don't read the posts until hovering over the link.

Good thing I sent a mass text message to everybody I know. God damn you Ice Man. The glimpse of heaven comment was spot on.

Originally posted by MidTexHorn:
ACC makes sense every way but geographically. I'd take it over the Big XII right now.
The geography is actually pretty close to perfect when comparing the options. I think we can all agree Texas will never join the SEC due to their poor academics and penchant for recruiting violations. That leaves us w/ the Big Ten, Pac-10 and ACC. If we're in a division w/ Miami, Florida, Georgia Tech, A&M, Wake & NC State, we'd have a much better travel schedule than w/ any other conference. Plus, we wouldn't have the time change issue that we'd suffer in the Pac-10 and wouldn't face the weather challenges of playing in Big Ten country in November. We'd only have to make 1-2 trips beyond NC every year, to play Maryland, Boston College, Virginia & Virginia Tech (and we could end up playing Clemson, UNC and/or Duke). So, theoretically, it's possible some seasons we'll never travel beyond NC. And, considering we'd only play 3 games against "North Division" opponents, with 1-2 of those in Austin each season, we'd be looking at a pretty decent travel schedule......say: @ Miami, @ Georgia Tech, @ A&M, @ UNC, @ Clemson, with Florida State, Boston College, Wake Forest and NC State ate home. How's that a bad travel schedule? That's a max of 4 trips out of state a year (in conference), plus the Dallas game against OU, and 1-2 out of state OOC games. I say that's definitely doable!!!

A sheep-thumper on the aggy board just reposted the entire article along with the cbssports address (without the Rick Roll link) over there. I don't think he realized this was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT