ADVERTISEMENT

The Orangebloods Thesaurus

Originally posted by tooshybrotha:
Didn't Dan Buckner transfer to Arizona not ASU? Of course I could have read that wrong
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
yea just checked, i thought it was Arizona State will edit -

also what is MackRyan? I'll Duck but don't remember.

also, should Chris Jesse be mentioned?

Originally posted by echeese:

sign0087.r191677.gif

Excellent work .. .

Left off Dirt Burglers . ..

I'm stunned, .. .I"m pissed . ..it's Mack Brown was the quote of a long since departed poster. . . can't recall whom. . .
texlarry is still around

First off, I'm humbled for the scorecard to be on there.

Second, I'm pretty sure "of all places" became an OB'ism because people thought it was applied in a racist way when someone saw an athlete out on the town. It escalated quickly.

Third, what about "Level One", "Level Two" and so forth? That originated on this site in a thread called "Chizik a done deal?" right before Texas announced him as the new DC.

No mention perhaps the greatest poster in internet history? wb3032.

Agree with others, mackryan needs to be added. Maybe even deerhunter since he threatened to kill another member.

Originally posted by TexasTripper:
Just read it again. It'a genius, classic!

Pretty sure "Mind Bottling" is an Anchorman reference, and Vietnam Rules is a Big Lebowski reference, FYI.
This post was edited on 6/12 10:46 AM by TexasTripper
thx texastripper -thought it was a given that the vietnam rules were from Big Lebowski, but I'm a big Anchorman fan and honestly believe I heard the phrase mind-bottling here on Orangebloods long before it came out.

Originally posted by mackbrown:
No mention perhaps the greatest poster in internet history? wb3032.

Agree with others, mackryan needs to be added. Maybe even deerhunter since he threatened to kill another member.
OMG remind me what happened with deerhunter again

"Stocker - A term entrenched so deeply in the in the Orangebloods lexicon that its advent isn't clearly known, but it's believed to have originated when a poster accused Suchomel of "stocking" running back recruit Darrell Scott. The term is meant to be read as "stalker." Example: Guys, we've tried and tried to get updates from (recruit), but he won't return any of our calls." Reply: Stocker."

The said poster was a University of Colorado poster on their board. He accused Suchomel of "stocking" Darrell Scott.

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Air Coryell
Crap I knew I'd miss some small ones but that's a big one.

someone give me an assist here - the basic gist is that Air Coryell was a comped sub to someone in Bellmont and somehow things went haywire, right?

I don't think I have ever taken the time to rate a thread before...worth the small effort to give this one 5 stars.

Dunlap, since day one you have been "killing it, bro." This is gold.

Incredibly comprehensive. It's sad that I knew all of them.

I'd recommend that you add:

LOL, ignore
smile.r191677.gif

which is related to the OB letterman jacket thread.

This is a good effort, but, like all else posted here, not perfect.

For example, "Grammar Nazi" refers to harps on "incorrect' grammar, not "correct" grammar as stated. Ask any Grammar Nazi.

The definition of "Top Frat" is incomplete as it originally referred to an OP who went by "Top Frat" and who (according to himself) was perhaps the leading frat Romeo of all time, having "had many fine sorority girls". Consequently, when there is a reference to another OP who makes similar claims, we reach out to "Top Frat" for his commentary and expertise. Oddly, he quit showing up a long time ago. Not sure if he dropped off or inexplicably changed his handle.

Also, I think the "Ou", while maybe not sufficiently PC for such a high brow board as this, should be included, since Oklahoma is undeniably a state (it has two senators), but it is questionable if it qualifies as an actual "University", with all that name implies.

Great column.

Hook'em.

Originally posted by W. E. Henley:

Second, I'm pretty sure "of all places" became an OB'ism because people thought it was applied in a racist way when someone saw an athlete out on the town. It escalated quickly.
I recall something like that, but Alex is correct in it's origination. I don't recall for sure that it was Chris Simms that was spotted, but it was definitely a UT athlete in a Chinese Restaurant.

Somewhat related is the photo an OB snapped of Blake Gideon staring him down in a restaurant.

The OB Thesaurus needs to be added to the "More" pull down menu and updated as necessary...only by Mods. That way we can refer it to newbies. Georgia and the Craig James Killed Six Hookers thing MUST be added.

I don't know why, but when it comes out of the blue and is appropriately applied, Georgia still cracks me up.

Originally posted by Suchomel:

Originally posted by Dugg:
'Solid as an oak' came from Brantley, who switched to Florida.
Brantleys never used that term, from what I recall, but it was used to describe them. It actually stems from the movie Jerry McGuire.
John Sr did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT