ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

AlpacaCorch

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2007
the better. He is getting destroyed on the recruiting trail. DESTROYED. 0 for 30 in Texas for 2015. IMO if he doesn't change up his recruiting, his time in Austin will not be long. I love what he stands for, love the discipline, love the defense, but his recruiting is laughable at this point. We lost Stevenson, now Weathersby, and Lampkin doesn't seem to be solid. He recruits like he's still at Louisville.

Agree. He also has coaches that belong at Louisville. Please Charlie, if you are not going to do anything about Watson and the suck-ass offense, at least hire some legit recruiters.

Give it a rest. He inherited a pile of dung.

Crap like your post just makes it harder for him to turn it around.

Why do people post this kind of crap?

We will be fine. He will coach them up to squeak by Memphis and Houston and such.

Im having trouble understanding whether people are actually this dumb, or if they are trolling.

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool.

He lifted recruits out of south Florida to come to Louisville. Right now at Texas, we have some big obstacles to overcome. Sec, Aggy, baylor. He has to WIN on the field.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by McHorn:
Im having trouble understanding whether people are actually this dumb, or if they are trolling.

So you think the rankings are BS then?

Originally posted by belowaverage:

Butch Jones inherited a situation as bad as Charlie and is kicking ass on the recruiting trail, with the sane record as Texas too, 6-6. At this point it's excuse making. I don't expect a top 5 or even top 10, but we are in the 20's and falling. ZERO in the top 30 in Texas. He's not getting it done, plain and simple.

love this post, could be the leader in the clubhouse for the dumbest thing on the internet today

"Crap like your post just makes it harder for him to turn it around."

yep, some faeless fool posting on a $10 a month website affects UT football. you sir, should not reproduce.

This is just a sign that it's going to be a longer term rebuilding project under Strong. He'll have to do more with less to get the recruiting momentum back here. On the field improvement at a school like Texas will help a whole lot but it's pretty clear this staff won't be able to jump start the program with recruiting.

Originally posted by AlpacaCorch:

Butch Jones inherited a situation as bad as Charlie and is kicking ass on the recruiting trail, with the sane record as Texas too, 6-6. At this point it's excuse making. I don't expect a top 5 or even top 10, but we are in the 20's and falling. ZERO in the top 30 in Texas. He's not getting it done, plain and simple.
Butch Jones has 29 players in his first two years on the job 4* or above. 5-7, 6-6 on the field during that time

Originally posted by houstonhorn87:

So you think the rankings are BS then?
No I dont. But I 100% guarantee you that Charlie does not have the same top 30 as Ketch, nor will we miss on the entire top 30.

Further, the assertion that we have a UL level class is moronic at best. His BEST class at UL was 29, and there is almost zero chance this class finishes outside the top 20, more likely 15.

Beyond that, his 29-52 ranked classes put far, far, far more talent into the NFL than our supposed top 10 classes from the same time frame.

Do I want a top 5 class. Absolutely. Do I think every top player will mesh with what CS wants to do? Absolutely not. Do I think CS is missing on a lot of guys he wants? Yes. I also think this class finishes with at least 4-5 more 4 star caliber players and that we will have filled some huge holes with very good talent.

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool. Go l
Go look at the top 30, then get back to us and embrace the irony of your post.

The reason you don't understand is because you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

Texas has exactly one Top 30 guy right now in Patrick Vahe.

Wow this is hilarious. OB has gotten ridiculous. I primarily only come here for comic relief based on people's knee jerk reactions, and the articles by Orbea...

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool. Go l
Go look at the top 30, then get back to us and embrace the irony of your post.
I'll bet you any sum of money he doesnt get shut out on Ketch's top 30, which is in no way CS's top 30.

Once you have a friend read this post to you, let me know if you are in.

Get a good night's rest. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Originally posted by jttexas05:

The reason you don't understand is because you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

Texas has exactly one Top 30 guy right now in Patrick Vahe.
Good grief. His post was moronic at best.

He made about 2 points in some lemming rant right before he jumped off a cliff. Both of which are wrong and dumb.

1. Charlie will be 0 for 30 in the top 30. Wrong.
2. Our class is the same level as his UL classes. Wrong.

Keep defending stupidity.

Originally posted by 314horn:
Charlie is getting killed. How many of the top 15 in Texas does he have ? Zero?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Are you retarded? If he has 0 of the top 30 then how in the hell would he have any in the top 15?

Sumlin, Spurrier, Brian Kelly, James Franklin, and Steve Sarkisian are all doing better than Strong right now.

Less than average at this current point.

Recruiting is about having assistant coaches that can recruit and that have good in state contacts. CS brought a staff with him that are not good recruiters and have no Texas contacts, hence the shutout in the top 30. As many of us have been preaching for months, Chambers couldn't recruit his ass with both hands and Koenig isn't any better.

Between Mack hanging on for four years too long and then screwing up the Saban hire, we are looking at several more years of mediocrity. F**k Mack Brown and that idiot powers for not having the balls to get rid of him.

Butch Jones has 29 players in his first two years on the job 4* or above. 5-7, 6-6 on the field during that time
My wife's a UT Jr gal so I go to at least one game a year. This is spot one. He inherited a worse situation than Strong inherited talent wise - his QB play the first 2 years is worse than Case and Swoopes, his OL this year was as bad as worse than Texas but he's selling the Tennessee program, the tradition, and the kids play hard, just like our's do for Strong. The difference is, he's playing a ton of true freshmen and sophs so he's set up well for the future - we have some talent coming back as well but the majority of our top players graduate.

Originally posted by 98horn:

"average" is offended by this comparison
Nice shot.

I think it is way to early to start wanting to dump staff and re-shuffle. Hard job ahead.

His post was akin to the posts people had wanting Strong to put Heard into the TCU game.

This will be a long term project with several bumps in the road. that being said, I think we will all be rewarded with a great product when the rebuild is complete.

Originally posted by Esoteric2112:
The happier we will all be.

The most frustrating thing is that he could be great.
Just Stop. Your act is getting old.

He is going to get Boyd and Hill. Plus 3 or 4 florida kids. Plus Clark the TE.

Sorry certain recruits want stuff handed to them and babied. Not who Strong is. Go play for Sumlin and enjoy your 7 win seasons.

Originally posted by NewnanHorn:

My wife's a UT Jr gal so I go to at least one game a year. This is spot one. He inherited a worse situation than Strong inherited talent wise - his QB play the first 2 years is worse than Case and Swoopes, his OL this year was as bad as worse than Texas but he's selling the Tennessee program, the tradition, and the kids play hard, just like our's do for Strong. The difference is, he's playing a ton of true freshmen and sophs so he's set up well for the future - we have some talent coming back as well but the majority of our top players graduate.
And guess what, when you do that, the fanbase tends to be patient because they see a direction and growth. Who the hell knows what direction we're going. 2 game regression on the field over last season and crap recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT