ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

Originally posted by AlpacaCorch:
Some of you are acting like jilted ex girlfriends, I ate my crow already.
Got a feeling you might get couple of more helpings before it is all said and done. But kudo's for stepping up and gobbling down plate 1.

Bump.gif

Originally posted by doc2rouge:

Got a feeling you might get couple of more helpings before it is all said and done. But kudo's for stepping up and gobbling down plate 1.
And that's fine, but to sit and act like there wasn't growing concern about Strong's recruiting is just dumb. Ketch voiced concern, the guys at IT had voiced concerns, things weren't looking great. I'll gladly eat crow, but calling me names and a hater is just stupid, it was an opinion, and a wrong one.

And that's fine, but to sit and act like there wasn't growing concern about Strong's recruiting is just dumb. Ketch voiced concern, the guys at IT had voiced concerns, things weren't looking great. I'll gladly eat crow, but calling me names and a hater is just stupid, it was an opinion, and a wrong one.
one helping is not near enough for you. you started a thread and ranted as if you actually know something. open wide...again.

The problem is you have to give someone some time to actually show a sample size before you "declare" success or failure. Too many pants wetters with knee jerk proclamations on this board.

alphacore in here posting on other threads, but ignoring this one for some reason...

Originally posted by shadyoak81:

one helping is not near enough for you. you started a thread and ranted[/B] as if you actually know something. open wide...again.
THIS. mfer thought it was so bad he decided to start ANOTHER thread detailing Charlie's failures.....

you deserve every bit of it. start a bs thread, live with it until it dies...

You have a right to an opinion, obviously, but when you guys start making matter-of-fact statements based on "Lists" you come off a just a dripping faucet. History with Mack tells us that you don't win conference championships in February, let alone national championships, and as long as you don't suck and get a few good ones here and there, the lists don't matter. That takes team development and leaders like VY and that '05 team. There were a lot of 3 star bulldogs on that team that got Mack his ultimate prize, and Charlie has a track record of doing a hell of a lot more with these kind of guys than Mack did.

Bottom line, the "Lists" are ok in keeping up with who is getting the HS stars and who will have potential, but it doesn't mean everything. Just don't be so married to it that you lose perspective and make absolute judgements on people when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Props to you at least AlpacaCorch for admitting you were wrong. Now let's all get positive and behind this coaching staff and see if we can't get some positive momentum going in our fanbase!

Hook'em

Originally posted by orangeuglad:

The problem is you have to give someone some time to actually show a sample size before you "declare" success or failure. Too many pants wetters with knee jerk proclamations on this board.
Probably the biggest problem with message boards is a poster's inability to actually state an opinion AS AN OPINION. Posters like the OP make declarative statements as facts when they are not. It is too bad, because occasionally folks actually DO know something, but then it is lost in all the noise.

the better. He is getting destroyed on the recruiting trail. DESTROYED. 0 for 30 in Texas for 2015. IMO if he doesn't change up his recruiting, his time in Austin will not be long. I love what he stands for, love the discipline, love the defense, but his recruiting is laughable at this point. We lost Stevenson, now Weathersby, and Lampkin doesn't seem to be solid. He recruits like he's still at Louisville.
Somebody is either feeling pretty stupid right now, or they're an Aggie Troll.....

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by fouled_anchor:
Coach Strong is a very good recruiter. He recruited lights out as DC at UF. However, as a HC he has more restrictions, and needs his staff to kick ass in recruiting. Have a more successful season next year and recruiting will start improving. If they would have beaten at least 2 out of OU, UCLA, and TCU, I believe it would have created some positive vibes around the program. Just got to start wining more and things will start to turn.
Occam's Razor tells us that the Florida success was due to Urban Meyer. If it was Strong's doing, that would have followed him when he left Florida.
hahaha, take occam's razor to your scrotum! (was that too much?)

You always have dug-in opinions about things with tiny sample sizes. Time to learn some lessons and admit when you're wrong and admit it. Charlie's working against some factors here that you just won't acknowledge. Now we're seeing some bigger signs of his abilities, but I just doubt you'll ever admit it.

The problem is not that you had an opinion it was how you voiced that opinion. CS has been on campus a year and you ding dongs were torching him and it unbelievably silly and knee jerk. You should be eating tons of crow b/c you OP was stupid and now it comes to light.

op quit your whining. Make a statement = live with the consequences. Message board justice at its finest.

Some choose NOT to make such statements, but you didn't so live with it, suck it up, and be smarter next time.

I believe these topics are created by people who want Charlie to be a failure. Reasons for why that is are endless. How does Coach Strongs dick taste OP? Does it smell like Bevo?

1 eat crow apology isn't sufficient.

Originally posted by King J...Joffer:

Originally posted by shadyoak81:

one helping is not near enough for you. you started a thread and ranted
as if you actually know something. open wide...again.
THIS. mfer thought it was so bad he decided to start ANOTHER thread detailing Charlie's failures.....

you deserve every bit of it. start a bs thread, live with it until it dies...[/B]
Bump to stick it further up Alpha and CS's asses.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by scary jarbro:
Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by fouled_anchor:
Coach Strong is a very good recruiter. He recruited lights out as DC at UF. However, as a HC he has more restrictions, and needs his staff to kick ass in recruiting. Have a more successful season next year and recruiting will start improving. If they would have beaten at least 2 out of OU, UCLA, and TCU, I believe it would have created some positive vibes around the program. Just got to start wining more and things will start to turn.
Occam's Razor tells us that the Florida success was due to Urban Meyer. If it was Strong's doing, that would have followed him when he left Florida.
hahaha, take occam's razor to your scrotum! (was that too much?)

You always have dug-in opinions about things with tiny sample sizes. Time to learn some lessons and admit when you're wrong and admit it. Charlie's working against some factors here that you just won't acknowledge. Now we're seeing some bigger signs of his abilities, but I just doubt you'll ever admit it.
The irony of your comments after landing a single five-star recruit is awesome. Why can't you just be happy we landed a great prospect?

Ketch and IT get paid and they can be wrong as well.

So yeah you get what you deserve for being narrow minded. CS is NOT building this program for YOUR amusement or anyone's else OK. And he doesn't need your advice on how to do it either because IF you really were as good as your talk YOU would be in Austin right alongside him wouldn't you. But you aren't and neither is anyone else on this board.

Two last things Alapaca

1. CS knows what he is doing and will do it HIS way.
2. Get used to that fact

People like you with these "opinions" need to sit back and learn those 2 simple truths.

Originally posted by OrangeElvis151:
Originally posted by orangeuglad:

Probably the biggest problem with message boards is a poster's inability to actually state an opinion AS AN OPINION. Posters like the OP make declarative statements as facts when they are not. It is too bad, because occasionally folks actually DO know something, but then it is lost in all the noise.
This- the haters state opinion as fact, and they act like total ducks to anyone with the least bit of optimism or wait-and-see attitude. Should look befor you leap next time. SUCK IT haters!!!
uzi.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT