ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by scary jarbro:
Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by fouled_anchor:
Coach Strong is a very good recruiter. He recruited lights out as DC at UF. However, as a HC he has more restrictions, and needs his staff to kick ass in recruiting. Have a more successful season next year and recruiting will start improving. If they would have beaten at least 2 out of OU, UCLA, and TCU, I believe it would have created some positive vibes around the program. Just got to start wining more and things will start to turn.
Occam's Razor tells us that the Florida success was due to Urban Meyer. If it was Strong's doing, that would have followed him when he left Florida.
hahaha, take occam's razor to your scrotum! (was that too much?)

You always have dug-in opinions about things with tiny sample sizes. Time to learn some lessons and admit when you're wrong and admit it. Charlie's working against some factors here that you just won't acknowledge. Now we're seeing some bigger signs of his abilities, but I just doubt you'll ever admit it.
The irony of your comments after landing a single five-star recruit is awesome. Why can't you just be happy we landed a great prospect?
The irony that is you asking why another post cannot "just be happy" is richer than Johnny Manziel's parents
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Coach Strong is a very good recruiter. He recruited lights out as DC at UF. However, as a HC he has more restrictions, and needs his staff to kick ass in recruiting. Have a more successful season next year and recruiting will start improving. If they would have beaten at least 2 out of OU, UCLA, and TCU, I believe it would have created some positive vibes around the program. Just got to start wining more and things will start to turn.
Occam's Razor tells us that the Florida success was due to Urban Meyer. If it was Strong's doing, that would have followed him when he left Florida.

You always have dug-in opinions about things with tiny sample sizes. Time to learn some lessons and admit when you're wrong and admit it. Charlie's working against some factors here that you just won't acknowledge. Now we're seeing some bigger signs of his abilities, but I just doubt you'll ever admit it.
The irony of your comments after landing a single five-star recruit is awesome. Why can't you just be happy we landed a great prospect?

The irony of you asking Scary why he can't just be happy we landed a great prospect is just too delicious.

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

Are you kidding? I'm happier than I would be because of your constant haranguing over Charlie Strong's abilities in general and recruiting specifically, than I would be if he had only landed MJ and DM today. These comments of yours I only just saw this morning, and it turned my elation over these commitments into elation plus schadenfreude over you once again looking silly.

Anyway, one thing I'm relatively sure of is that you're happy about this. Hook'em!

This post was edited on 12/19 10:37 AM by scary jarbro

Originally posted by lilMAC:
Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

The irony that is you asking why another post cannot "just be happy" is richer than Johnny Manziel's parents
Posted from Rivals Mobile
This.
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

To be fair, CS. You have a much larger body of work to judge from than Coach Strong at Texas. I think we are all happy about it, btw - and happy those of you who have been negative are now proven (at this point) wrong.

The unfortunately loud and large trove of immediate gratification folk on OB.....all beating up on CS.....it truly got boring. And, personally, I am willing to wait until spring and then fall to see how QB works out. We do have some possibilities. And coaches.

It is going to be fun to see how the recruiting plays out. And to see how the frosh do next year. And how the Juco and the mid term grads and red shirts do in the spring and fall. I am a happy man.

PS I have to say this (like a smartass history teacher). He who does not read history and understand its importance is doomed to repeat their mistakes. AND the history of UT in college football history is that we are #3 in wins. How many of you think that we will not return to that sort of winning way? The Ags have lots of traditions. We have some too. But our main tradition is that of winning. And I do not see us abandoning that tradition. Yea!! Hook'em!!!

Originally posted by AlpacaCorch:

Originally posted by doc2rouge:

Some of you are acting like jilted ex girlfriends, I ate my crow already.
Got a feeling you might get couple of more helpings before it is all said and done. But kudo's for stepping up and gobbling down plate 1.
And that's fine, but to sit and act like there wasn't growing concern about Strong's recruiting is just dumb. Ketch voiced concern, the guys at IT had voiced concerns, things weren't looking great. I'll gladly eat crow, but calling me names and a hater is just stupid, it was an opinion, and a wrong one.
Agree 100%. No need for name calling....that's for the youngsters....although I suspect some of it was in good fun. Also agree that OO ONE knew how this one was gonna go...which was why I watched from the sidelines and didn't venture a guess. If it causes a positive trickle down for us I'll eat a plate of crow with you!

Originally posted by OrangeElvis151:
Originally posted by orangeuglad:

Originally posted by doc2rouge:

Some of you are acting like jilted ex girlfriends, I ate my crow already.
Got a feeling you might get couple of more helpings before it is all said and done. But kudo's for stepping up and gobbling down plate 1.
And that's fine, but to sit and act like there wasn't growing concern about Strong's recruiting is just dumb. Ketch voiced concern, the guys at IT had voiced concerns, things weren't looking great. I'll gladly eat crow, but calling me names and a hater is just stupid, it was an opinion, and a wrong one.
The problem is you have to give someone some time to actually show a sample size before you "declare" success or failure. Too many pants wetters with knee jerk proclamations on this board.
Probably the biggest problem with message boards is a poster's inability to actually state an opinion AS AN OPINION. Posters like the OP make declarative statements as facts when they are not. It is too bad, because occasionally folks actually DO know something, but then it is lost in all the noise.
Very true. "I THINK...." Learn it.

the better. He is getting destroyed on the recruiting trail. DESTROYED. 0 for 30 in Texas for 2015. IMO if he doesn't change up his recruiting, his time in Austin will not be long. I love what he stands for, love the discipline, love the defense, but his recruiting is laughable at this point. We lost Stevenson, now Weathersby, and Lampkin doesn't seem to be solid. He recruits like he's still at Louisville.
giphy.gif

This post was edited on 12/19 11:21 AM by LilBigDaddy

Originally posted by WapitiHorn:

roll.r191677.gif

Holy shit this is the funniest thing I've seen today. Plus this thread awesome so bumpity bump bump bump.

Couple of things.

Dual Threat called it early and Often!!! So did Mr. Cosell.

Why is everybody thanking ESO? Sorry but this guy is not worthy of Praise today.

Originally posted by Cutter13:
Couple of things.

Dual Threat called it early and Often!!! So did Mr. Cosell.

Why is everybody thanking ESO? Sorry but this guy is not worthy of Praise today.
Eso has always been a quality poster here, but I was wondering about this also. I'm not doing any endzone dance here, but for weeks Eso was insisting Charlie had indeed screwed the pooch, employing generally poor recruiting tactics and failing to make daily contact with MJ. He was adamant that either both guys would go to Aggy, or MJ to aggy and Deandre to UCLA.

Yep, Eso was bashing Charlie's method of not catering to Malik. Providing us with his expertise.

But it's Malikmas, he knows Malik, so we've moved on.

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

CS telling another poster to be happy. Awesome.

I think I'll give this a little bump as well.

OP and others in this thread who I disdain far too much to call by even their screen names are the types of sorry, miserable assholes who got up and left (or more likely turned off the TV) at the 6:40 mark with Texas down 2 scores to USC.

Anyway, got another couple on my "ignore" list.

Originally posted by jcullender:

Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by CS:

CS telling another poster to be happy. Awesome.
Yeah.. this is rich considering how miserable he has been for more than a decade. And to CS - WE ARE HAPPY.

From Mack;'s hate to his pronouncements on Colt McCoy to his "I know what is right and the rest of you are nothing" posts on more than one occasion he is the one poster on this board it is easy to dislike. And let's not forget his rant of the other day.

Despite the firsthand testimony of Chris Leak, many here just would not believe that Charlie is actually a great recruiter. As any dumbass would understand from the outset, however, it takes time to build relationships. Parents sense his sincerity when they meet him in person.

Give him time to build the machine and he's going to kill it here at Texas.

I had not read any of this thread untll just now. cest and Hornius remained positive and consistent. And to CS(the poster not the coach) Occam called and he wants his Razor back. However, he called it his "Least Hypothesis".
My oldest granddaughter texted me early this morning to say congrats that UT had just signed the Number 1 recruit, he goes to school with her. Negativity does not need to be shared immediately, if it really is negative, it will be later on, after a few facts have been gathered.
Just a thought.
Hook'em

Originally posted by boxter:
Wickline has always recruited "his type of guy" several guys got called out when he kept getting 2*-3* guys who never amounted to squat. Joe is a great coach but rarely lands any top ranked recruits. Eventually it put Osu in crappy situation.
Offensive line recruiting is a major crap shoot compared to other positions. In the 2013 NFL draft 6 of the first 8 OL taken were 3 stars or below. Two of them were high school quarterbacks.

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus:
The thing is, when haters are right, they say "see? I told you so!" When they are wrong, they say "I was never so happy to be wrong and will GLADLY eat my crow."

So the haters "win" either way.
We have so many fans that would rather say I told you so than just be passionate and hope for the best. It's just nice to see coach strong to continue to actually build this thing brick by brick through actions and not some silly phrase.

Also, Strong is awkward as hell when he has to give public speeches. It cracks me up because he really doesn't fit in and stumbles over words, but he will get better. Like at the end of a speech, he'll say "let's go hook em" super awkward. Glad he is our coach and not our CEO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT