ADVERTISEMENT

This is bull sh*t

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
the wait from January until September is excruciating.....I always cant wait till the season starts. Then the season starts........yep,yep,yep...

I feel like I am still waiting for us to get going....then I look up and the season is already 1/4 over!....WTF?

I wait and wait and then it is gone before I even know it started.....Maybe it is just me

Every year I call a buddy of mine from Nebraska-- engineer- played college ball-- we pheasant hunt up at his family farm-- I call him the 1st weekend of the season and say "it's been a long wait. But college football is finally here."
Then I call him the 3rd weekend and say "college football is 1/4 over."

I do this every few weeks or so. Then after the bowl games are finished, I call again.
"Well..... it's over."

That last call is always a depressing call.

So soak it up. No telling how many more seasons you have left.

Been feeling the same for 69 years now. Even though first game was at Okie A&M in 1954. Just wait until next year and OU will be better, I tell myself.

Every year I call a buddy of mine from Nebraska-- engineer- played college ball-- we pheasant hunt up at his family farm-- I call him the 1st weekend of the season and say "it's been a long wait. But college football is finally here."

I do this every few weeks or so. Then after the bowl games are finished, I call again.
"Well..... it's over."

I can relate especially since the Rose Bowl. But this year is different. I see this third win is another step to something special. And now it's on to conference season. I think our team seems to be united to draw last blood against everyone on the schedule.

Another thing that has helped is that Sacramento has had a mild summer. All those years of droughts and oppressive heat are over. Btw I have compassion that Texans are going thru the kind of heat wave and drought we went through for so many years. My hope that next year is finally different.

Now let's go about and kick some Baylor butt.
Hookemhorns

Reactions: Archmadness

"Well..... it's over."

That's harsh...!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT