ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift

dippydawg

Ride or Die with them Horns
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2009
Austin, TX

I See You​

Hey, friend. I know that you have a hard time sharing the pain that was your past, but I want you to know that I know it still exists for you. I don't need to know the details around what wounded you so deeply to acknowledge that you were harmed. I respect that you let things out and invite people in cautiously, and that is how it should be.

We get to set the schedule for how our healing unfolds. Our timeline. Our parameters. I see your strength and sometimes wish that you could embrace the opposite of strength, only so that you could feel the support of those of us who love you and who are here to hold you through the leaning into pain. I honor the work that you do - the journaling, the creating, the handiwork - that allows you to drop feelings and hopes and dreams down on paper as art.

You are a person who shows up for everyone else in your life, always, even when we are messy and emotional and bleeding feelings all over the place. I know you will bleed, too, when you are ready. We'll be here with all the emotional first aid you might need.

Friends accept that friends will feel out loud when they are ready.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News