ADVERTISEMENT

TX A&M recruiting

Haven't won anything in quarter of a century, haven't won a national title since 1939, have a horrible record against us, your golden age is quickly coming to an end, your coach is getting exposed more and more every season.

Basically your 20 minute of fame you get every 25 years or so are at an end.

Yet you Ags come to this board and beat your chest like you are some kind of powerhouse. I can tolerate a Bama fan talking smack, but you guys...come on.

Sounds like you want this to be the case more then it actually is. Are you trying to convince me that I should be upset? Talk to me after the season and I'll let you know how I'm feeling.

An 8-4 season won't change the fact that TAMU is a mediocre program that hasn't accomplished anything. A 10-2 season won't change that so what's your point?

My question is what has happened in CS over the past 75 years to make you guys act like you are a big boy program?

Reactions: MB-HORNS
An 8-4 season won't change the fact that TAMU is a mediocre program that hasn't accomplished anything. A 10-2 season won't change that so what's your point?

My question is what has happened in CS over the past 75 years to make you guys act like you are a big boy program?

Their only answer is. wait for it. "We joined the SEC" LOL

They're an also ran until they can compete for a conference title, they haven't even cleared that SEC hurdle, yet!

A 10-2 season would change the view that we are declining and show Sumlin is on the right track and we won't lose much from the 2015 team in 2016 so the trajectory would look very promising.

They're an also ran until they can compete for a conference title, they haven't even cleared that SEC hurdle, yet!

remeber 2 season's ago when Mack competed for a conference championship? Looks very distant in the rear view mirror doesn't it?

remeber 2 season's ago when Mack competed for a conference championship? Looks very distant in the rear view mirror doesn't it?
Mack is irrelevant... We have a new staff in place. They better be competing for a title going into year four....Will Aggy? Doubt it... Like I said, they'll win 7-8 games this year and only 3-4 SEC games.

Reactions: MB-HORNS
Mack is irrelevant... We have a new staff in place. They better be competing for a title going into year four....Will Aggy? Doubt it... Like I said, they'll win 7-8 games this year and only 3-4 SEC games.

7-8 wins isn't good enough. 9 wins including a bowl should be bare minnimum. Right now even getting them at home I can't pick us to beat Bama or Auburn. Every other game is on the table IMO. Bama is replacing their QB and a ton on defense but truthfully that just hasn't mattered and until it does im not getting my hopes up. I think Auburn is going to be better on defense and offense, I believe they are upgrading at QB and that their offense will be more explosive. If we can stop the run then I'll start to feel better about these games.

You mean like telling visitors to their board to STFU and GTFO? Oh wait....that's okay since it is toward an Aggie. ;)
That was in response to you complaining what's posted on this board over and over, Einstein. If you don't like it here, go away. It's an easy concept for someone with half a brain.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
What do you think will happen when the glitz and glamour of a new coach wears off at Texas? That new shine is almost gone after 6-7.
We just signed the top recruiting class in the state, lying, bitter, moronic aggy (all redundancies).

We just signed the top recruiting class in the state, lying, bitter, moronic aggy (all redundancies).

Sure you did, if it makes you feel better run with it. Rivals says you didn't and 247 gives us 3 5 stars and 11 4 stars. Im good with that.

The pissing and moaning of recruits has run it's course. The 2015 classes are fairly even overall ranking wise so who really gives a shit. Let's see how they perform on the field...

Sure you did, if it makes you feel better run with it. Rivals says you didn't and 247 gives us 3 5 stars and 11 4 stars. Im good with that.
Umm wrong per usual. You taking Hubenak put us over you in that class on all 4 sites. Yes, I will run with having he unanimous top class in 2015 in the state of Texas, thanks. :D

Umm wrong per usual. You taking Hubenak put us over you in that class on all 4 sites. Yes, I will run with having he unanimous top class in 2015 in the state of Texas, thanks. :D

Lol, oh no we took a QB to add depth, a guy you probably should have tried to sign, so now you win?? You are really going to run with that and feel good about it? Either way its all good, you guys did sign a really good class and so did we so we can just move on and see it how it works out.

a guy you probably should have tried to sign...
We got a very similar backup in Vinklarek without having to spend a scholarship on him and let's be honest if you're at all able, neither one of these dudes is ever going to see meaningful snaps.

Yeah and Greg Little probably flips to Bama...
Yes. Greg Little will be visiting Bama in June per his twitter. The aggys still haven't figured out why they were invited to join the $EC though. They're still too happy to be out of big bro's shadow to regret opening up the state to the Southern payrolls yet.

Reactions: utisdabomb12
We got a very similar backup in Vinklarek without having to spend a scholarship on him and let's be honest if you're at all able, neither one of these dudes is ever going to see meaningful snaps.

You are partially right but if you were being honest then you'd acknowlede that Hubanek would compete to start for you guys.

You are partially right but if you were being honest then you'd acknowlede that Hubanek would compete to start for you guys.
Ha. We'll see if Heard and/or Swoopes have improved. If Strong and Watson are happy with what we have as well as have coming in (Locksley and Merrick who you also failed to mention shockingly given your general honesty on all topics), then I'm good with it. You're not objective anyway so your opinion doesn't mean much. And you guys are the ones with the real depth problem. If Murray is still banged up this Fall and Allen goes down, then who are you playing? The walkon ginger fehg named McQueen (is that his real name)? :D

It's ok, they can pound their SEC patch when they lose.
We had to change the narative around recruiting. Ten years ago, I would pray that you guys or OU wouldn't offer our targets. Because if you did, they were gone 90% of the time. Now, I assume we will get more than our share of the in state talent we want. It is safe to say that OU has fallen way back in Texas HS players minds. We are atleast on equal footing with you guys in state, I believe we are the more wanted offer (debatable).

Any honest Horn would have to admit an Aggie offer to one of your targets is much scarier than it was in our BIG12 days. Will we be ever be a true SEC heavyweight? Maybe, maybe not. But our profile with HS kids is much higher. Gotta have players to win big. We atleast have a chance now. A lot of kids want to play against the best which is perceived by most to be the SEC, whether you believe the perception is real or not is secondary to what recruits believe.

I doubt he would start, he won't start at Aggy either. He would have added depth for either team... You assume Heard can't play with those type of remarks.

Last edited:
Ha. We'll see if Heard and/or Swoopes have improved. If Strong and Watson are happy with what we have as well as have coming in (Locksley and Merrick who you also failed to mention shockingly given your general honesty on all topics), then I'm good with it. You're not objective anyway so your opinion doesn't mean much. And you guys are the ones with the real depth problem. If Murray is still banged up this Fall and Allen goes down, then who are you playing? The walkon ginger fehg named McQueen (is that his real name)? :D

I thought Swoopes looked better in your spring game, I believe Heard is making strides and IMO he's made enough that its worth it to turn the keys over to him if those are your only 2 options. I didn't mention Merrick or Locksley because I don't think they are any good and definitly not in the equasion for this season. Hubanek should solidify our depth problems IMO he will be 3rd on the depth chart behind Allen and Murray.

We had to change the narative around recruiting. Ten years ago, I would pray that you guys or OU wouldn't offer our targets. Because if you did, they were gone 90% of the time. Now, I assume we will get more than our share of the in state talent we want. It is safe to say that OU has fallen way back in Texas HS players minds. We are atleast on equal footing with you guys in state, I believe we are the more wanted offer (debatable).

Any honest Horn would have to admit an Aggie offer to one of your targets is much scarier than it was in our BIG12 days. Will we be ever be a true SEC heavyweight? Maybe, maybe not. But our profile with HS kids is much higher. Gotta have players to win big. We atleast have a chance now. A lot of kids want to play against the best which is perceived by most to be the SEC, whether you believe the perception is real or not is secondary to what recruits believe.
SEC, it is the holy grail. I'm not one to argue conferences! I only care if Texas wins and has a shot at National Titles. I'm curious about recruiting as the tides change during each year that passes. Both teams could be compelling in years to come. They've never both been great at the same time during my lifetime, (38) years.

The 100year decision was good for Aggy, their is no arguing that... But, they're still getting their ass kicked in recruiting by the teams that they have to play and by coaches whom are more accomplished.

SEC, it is the holy grail. I'm not one to argue conferences! I only care if Texas wins and has a shot at National Titles. I'm curious about recruiting as the tides change during each year that passes. Both teams could be compelling in years to come. They've never both been great at the same time during my lifetime, (38) years.

The 100year decision was good for Aggy, their is no arguing that... But, they're still getting their ass kicked in recruiting by the teams that they have to play and by coaches whom are more accomplished.

To be fair Saban is kicking everyone's a$$, that dude is a machine and his program is run like that of an elite NFL franchise. We have to pick it up or we'll never be able to catch them as long as he is there.

I believe the BIG12 is the place to be for making the playoff. I am not sure OU can turn it around. How do they recruit? Small state, regional conference. I refuse to believe Baylor or TCU is sustainable, no fan base or resources. I see you guys in the playoffs at some point in the next decade. No way you guys get treated like Baylor and TCU when you go 11-1. I just think the lack of big home games is a tough trade off. But I understand the approach for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT