ADVERTISEMENT

TX A&M recruiting

We are atleast on equal footing with you guys in state, I believe we are the more wanted offer (debatable).
I agree aggy gained recruiting power with the $EC move. I wonder how long that will remain a viable recruiting mantra for DJ Rumlin if he keeps finishing middle of the pack over there though. He's gone from 5th to 7th to 9th in that conference in successive years. I wouldn't call that the right direction, aggys might. The shine will wear off sooner or later with no titles of any kind.

The more attractive offer between aggy and UT is definitely a discussion right now. I would submit Charlie Strong definitely grabbed some serious momentum by signing the highest ranked recruiting class in the state a few months ago after being WAY down at this time last year. Also, your RBs, CBs and LBs in the last class weren't top notch in my opinion.

I agree aggy gained recruiting power with the $EC move. I wonder how long that will remain a viable recruiting mantra for DJ Rumlin if he keeps finishing middle of the pack over there though. He's gone from 5th to 7th to 9th in that conference in successive years. I wouldn't call that the right direction, aggys might. The shine will wear off sooner or later with no titles of any kind.

The more attractive offer between aggy and UT is definitely a discussion right now. I would submit Charlie Strong definitely grabbed some serious momentum by signing the highest ranked recruiting class in the state a few months ago after being WAY down at this time last year. Also, your RBs, CBs and LBs in the last class weren't top notch in my opinion.

You know i really wish I didn't but I like you scholzie. I don't know that its really even a discussion as to who's offer is more valuable, head to head recruiting can determine that and at this point its overwhelming. Strong did gain though so its worth monitoring through the season. I do agree that none of the positions you mentioned were top notch, there are some nice palyaers that I like but as a whole I agree with you. In year one we competed for a conference championship, won a heisman and had a blowout win in our bowl and finished 5th in the nation. You saying we finished 5th in our conference is true but its not the perception and thats why you gain no traction with it. You claim correctly claim that our defense was trash but will not acknowledge that Sherman completely sh!t the bed in defensive recruiting and left Sumlin very little. You claim Sumlin can't develope talent however fail to acknowledge that neither Johnny or Evans ever played a down under Sherman, that Jarvis harrison and Ced only spent one year playing for Sherman. Its ok its your opinion but you aren't considering all available information.

You know i really wish I didn't but I like you scholzie. I don't know that its really even a discussion as to who's offer is more valuable, head to head recruiting can determine that and at this point its overwhelming. Strong did gain though so its worth monitoring through the season. I do agree that none of the positions you mentioned were top notch, there are some nice palyaers that I like but as a whole I agree with you. In year one we competed for a conference championship, won a heisman and had a blowout win in our bowl and finished 5th in the nation. You saying we finished 5th in our conference is true but its not the perception and thats why you gain no traction with it. You claim correctly claim that our defense was trash but will not acknowledge that Sherman completely sh!t the bed in defensive recruiting and left Sumlin very little. You claim Sumlin can't develope talent however fail to acknowledge that neither Johnny or Evans ever played a down under Sherman, that Jarvis harrison and Ced only spent one year playing for Sherman. Its ok its your opinion but you aren't considering all available information.
Competed for a conference championship? How can you compete for a conference championship when you finished third in your division? You didn't even compete for a division title finishing third in the West. Although, that is the kind of shit Aggy puts on the stadium wall!

There is no WE in Heisman. It's an individual award. Sherman recruited some great offensive line players and Evans, he took a waiver on Johnny. Sumlin was gifted talent and offense and not so much on defense. Offense wins games. Strong was gifted talent on defense and not so much on offense. Defense wins Championships!

Looking forward to seeing who gets there first and how long it takes.

Last edited:
If aTm were in the BIGXII and went 11-1 would they have made the playoffs or would they have been in the Baylor/TCU situation? I'm not sure people don't view aTm as a Baylor/TCU type team

I don't know that its really even a discussion as to who's offer is more valuable, head to head recruiting can determine that and at this point its overwhelming.
"Overwhelming". That's why you can't be taken seriously, pooch. You're not objective.

A) You're going off of many players who pledged to your coach before Strong got going.
B) Strong closed very strongly H2H with DJ Rumlin to claim the top rated class.
C) We owned you at LB, CB and RB H2H.
D) You can't bring yourself to admit we had the top class which isn't even up for debate. It's fact. You can't admit fact. You're not an honest person.

Competed for a conference championship? How can you compete for a conference championship when you finished third in your division? You didn't even compete for a division title finishing third in the West. Although, that is the kind of shit Aggy puts on the stadium wall!

There is no WE in Heisman. It's an individual award. Sherman recruited some great offensive line players and Evans, he took a waiver on Johnny. Sumlin was gifted talent and offense and not so much on defense. Offense wins games. Strong was gifted talent on defense and not so much on offense. Defense wins Championships!

Looking forward to seeing who gets there first and how long it takes.

We play for the conference title in 2012 if we beat LSU, thats how. So you concede that Sumlin was gifted no talent on D and Strong was gifted no talent on O but one went 6-7 and the other went 11-2. Look I don't care if you agree with me its ok, we'll see how it all works out.

We play for the conference title in 2012 if we beat LSU, thats how. So you concede that Sumlin was gifted no talent on D and Strong was gifted no talent on O but one went 6-7 and the other went 11-2. Look I don't care if you agree with me its ok, we'll see how it all works out.
That's one way to look at it, unfortunately, they lost to LSU early in the year and the division title wasn't on the line. Yes, y'all have had one great season, the SEC caught on in year 2 and Johnny was still great, but the D was horrific. Yes, Sumlin was gifted plenty of talent on O (his strength) and very little on D, O wins games! While Strong was gifted plenty of talent on D (his strength) and very little on O, D wins championships... The records make sense with said info being fact. Texas would have had a better record had Ash and the three OL played all season. It is what it is and it's very difficult to judge anything Strong has done after 1 year while we have three years worth of data on Sumlin.

Sumlin had talent on D his first year at A&M, you want me to list the players? Sorry Sumlin has been so crappy at developing talent on D as Sherman players left.

"Overwhelming". That's why you can't be taken seriously, pooch. You're not objective.

A) You're going off of many players who pledged to your coach before Strong got going.
B) Strong closed very strongly H2H with DJ Rumlin to claim the top rated class.
C) We owned you at LB, CB and RB H2H.
D) You can't bring yourself to admit we had the top class which isn't even up for debate. It's fact. You can't admit fact. You're not an honest person.

A) You're going off of many players who pledged to your coach before Strong got going. Weak especially considering the 2016 class is showing the same trends but we can wait on that becasue its very early, 3 of those were completely botched by Sumlin but thats not an excuse because Strong just falt did a better job of recruiting those 3 at the end and through the prcocess.
B) Strong closed very strongly H2H with DJ Rumlin to claim the top rated class. Strong did finish very strong C) We owned you at LB, CB and RB H2H. You outrecruited us in these positions but owned us is not accurate regarding H2H, you got 2 players at CB we both offered we got 1. You got 1 LB we offered and we got none that you offered, and RB I'll give you because we did offer Warren and rightfully so but Bussey was higher on Sumlin's board. We owned you H2H at Safety at 3-1 adn Dline 3-0
D) You can't bring yourself to admit we had the top class which isn't even up for debate. It's fact. You can't admit fact. You're not an honest person. Because I don't agree

Sumlin had talent on D his first year at A&M, you want me to list the players? Sorry Sumlin has been so crappy at developing talent on D as Sherman players left.

Since 2012 we've been playing freshmen and sophmores, yes in 2012 Sumlin made what he had work but i guess Sherman shouldn't have left anything for 13 and 14 right?

D) You can't bring yourself to admit we had the top class which isn't even up for debate. It's fact. You can't admit fact. You're not an honest person. Because I don't agree
Yes. You don't agree with facts. That's why your opinion is a joke.

Pooch, I agree with many things you say, but I also have to think that the clock is ticking on TAMU.

TAMU's move to the SEC was a smart one, you can't argue with that. It did affect Texas recruiting in that it makes things more difficult. We can no longer sit back and watch the recruits fight for spots, but that doesn't mean Texas won't get enough talent to win it all. I think both programs are getting that kind of talent right now. The issue is that Sumlin has been getting it for 3 years and has nothing to show for it. If you grab TAMU's seasons and turn them around, 7-5 to 8-4 to 10-2 you would be on to something, but Sumlin is about to start year four and still seems pretty far away.

You have to admit that the hype behind TAMU is not what it was a year ago. Texas was able to recruit a top 10 class after 5 bad seasons, plus Strong has something to sell recruits, "I don't have my guys in, you are my guy, come make this happen with me", Sumlin can't sell that anymore.

If TAMU goes 6-6 or 7-5 this year, it will have a much deeper effect than Texas going 6-6 or 7-5.

Remember Texas was able to catchup and some might say out recruit TAMU during our worst times, in a transition period, while TAMU was supposed to be at an all time high.

Reactions: Scholz
All I know is we will have speed with those new fresh coming like boyd running the 100 meter in 10.58 at the state track meet and helped Gilmer win state.

Since 2012 we've been playing freshmen and sophmores, yes in 2012 Sumlin made what he had work but i guess Sherman shouldn't have left anything for 13 and 14 right?

That's because your jackass of a coach can't develop talent and has no discipline. Of course you are only playing freshman and sophmores when Golden, Claiborne, Manning, Miles, and so on are gone. Want to know why you are only playing FR and SO, because your coach can't keep players on the team aggy.

Sumlin won in 2012 because Sherman gave him a stacked roster (yes even on defense). Damantontre Moore, Jonathan Stewart, Steven Jenkins, Sean Porter, Steven Terrell and so on have all been on NFL rosters.

If TEXAS one every game last year in the conference .......we would've been in the playoffs........idiot aggsy

That's because your jackass of a coach can't develop talent and has no discipline. Of course you are only playing freshman and sophmores when Golden, Claiborne, Manning, Miles, and so on are gone. Want to know why you are only playing FR and SO, because your coach can't keep players on the team aggy.

Sumlin won in 2012 because Sherman gave him a stacked roster (yes even on defense). Damantontre Moore, Jonathan Stewart, Steven Jenkins, Sean Porter, Steven Terrell and so on have all been on NFL rosters.

One year doesn't make it stacked genius and that class you are talking about are only going to be juniors, Manning is still with the team at this point and I have high hopes for him with a scheme change that doesn't require him to be a 2 gap player which is not his skill set. Mike Sherman was at A&M for 4 seasons and left 4 defenders that you can name. Bravo.

Pooch, I agree with many things you say, but I also have to think that the clock is ticking on TAMU.

TAMU's move to the SEC was a smart one, you can't argue with that. It did affect Texas recruiting in that it makes things more difficult. We can no longer sit back and watch the recruits fight for spots, but that doesn't mean Texas won't get enough talent to win it all. I think both programs are getting that kind of talent right now. The issue is that Sumlin has been getting it for 3 years and has nothing to show for it. If you grab TAMU's seasons and turn them around, 7-5 to 8-4 to 10-2 you would be on to something, but Sumlin is about to start year four and still seems pretty far away.

You have to admit that the hype behind TAMU is not what it was a year ago. Texas was able to recruit a top 10 class after 5 bad seasons, plus Strong has something to sell recruits, "I don't have my guys in, you are my guy, come make this happen with me", Sumlin can't sell that anymore.

If TAMU goes 6-6 or 7-5 this year, it will have a much deeper effect than Texas going 6-6 or 7-5.

Remember Texas was able to catchup and some might say out recruit TAMU during our worst times, in a transition period, while TAMU was supposed to be at an all time high.

The hype absolutley isn't what it was and you are right we need to win this year. A 6-6 or 7-5 season for us and IMO its over for Sumlin, im not saying he's going to be fired but everything you guys have said about declining will be true IMO.

...and you are right we need to win this year.
Wow. You sure you're not being a harsh task master there? I mean, it's only year 4. Give him some time. He might win a title of some sort for the first time in his career soon.

A 6-6 or 7-5 season for us and IMO its over for Sumlin, im not saying he's going to be fired...
Of course not. Because all you people care about is moral victories over Daddy. That's why you can't admit that the top ranked recruiting class was ranked on top. Because it's all you have and all you care about really.

...but everything you guys have said about declining will be true IMO.
So it's not true now? Going from 5th to 7th to 9th in conference in successive years isn't declining?

One year doesn't make it stacked genius and that class you are talking about are only going to be juniors, Manning is still with the team at this point and I have high hopes for him with a scheme change that doesn't require him to be a 2 gap player which is not his skill set. Mike Sherman was at A&M for 4 seasons and left 4 defenders that you can name. Bravo.

So let me get this right? Sherman gets no credit for '12 but all the blame for '13 and '14? Makes sense.

If aTm were in the BIGXII and went 11-1 would they have made the playoffs or would they have been in the Baylor/TCU situation? I'm not sure people don't view aTm as a Baylor/TCU type team
That is a good question, and I am not sure. We were caught in no man's land. We would not have gotten the benefit of the doubt of OU or UT. However, we would have been higher in food chain than a TCU or a Baylor. If we go 12-1 now we are 100% in. Of course going 12-1 is a lot harder to do now as well.

That is a good question, and I am not sure. We were caught in no man's land. We would not have gotten the benefit of the doubt of OU or UT. However, we would have been higher in food chain than a TCU or a Baylor. If we go 12-1 now we are 100% in. Of course going 12-1 is a lot harder to do now as well.
Is 12-1 a conference title or a conference regular season loss? It would matter pending strength of other p5's.

Is 12-1 a conference title or a conference regular season loss? It would matter pending strength of other p5's.
You're right. If we got beat by more than a TD in the championship game, we would need to get some help for sure. I would think anyone would, except maybe Bama.

Just curious.....but in their entire history has aTm ever gone 12-1??? I understand your need to give the original question some thought, because the very idea is so far out of yalls experience that you may as well be asked what it feels like to walk on Mars.

Just curious.....but in their entire history has aTm ever gone 12-1??? I understand your need to give the original question some thought, because the very idea is so far out of yalls experience that you may as well be asked what it feels like to walk on Mars.
We did when I was in school in '92. Of course we were in a pitiful conference (SWC) so no one cared. The reason I had to reconsider was the conference championship game. That is the game major conferences have at the end of the year to decide the conference champion, so they don't look stupid by having multiple one true champions.

ADVERTISEMENT