ADVERTISEMENT

Video of FSU QB clocking a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

tummer

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2003
Career ender here - bet this P.O.S. is wishing he'd gone to OU now, where they would have made sure the tape never got released. http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/...a-state-qb-deandre-johnson-punch-woman-in-bar

1329022235493760290.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Scholz
Wow. Got to cut him loose and I'd be shocked if there is any program that will get within ten feet of this guy.

If they could have buried the video, as sometimes happens, he might still be playing.

Hook 'em

I dunno....he might get more punishment from FSU for wasting the pitcher of margaritas...pretty sad deal all around.admittedly, she hits him first, but no excuse for what followed. That was a closed fist whack.

No reason at all for any of that. Big mistake by him. Football should be the least of his worries. Jail or a lawsuit should be his next focus.

Career ender here - bet this P.O.S. is wishing he'd gone to OU now, where they would have made sure the tape never got released.
Yep. Still haven't seen the tape of Mixon breaking that girl's face. Go OU Wife Beaters!

Reactions: tummer
Both should be prosecuted for assault. Neither a man, nor a woman should put their hands on the other. Women shouldn't get a pass for being the instigator and throwing the first punch.

Both should be prosecuted for assault. Neither a man, nor a woman should put their hands on the other. Women shouldn't get a pass for being the instigator and throwing the first punch.
True but are there different degrees of assault? I mean his was obviously much worse than hers. I'm still in the group that thinks you don't hit a woman. It would have to be a life or death deal for me to justify it.

The incident occurred while the woman was waiting in line for a drink at Yianni's nightclub and felt Johnson push past her aggressively, court records say. When she addressed him at the bar, she raised her arm to defend herself, and he grabbed her arm and began pushing her. She raised her knee into his midsection to push him away and attempted to punch him, court records say, before Johnson punched her on the left side of her face.The woman suffered bruising near her left eye, swelling of the left cheek and upper lip, and a small cut near the bridge of her nose, according to court records.
link

He's charged with misdemeanor battery, and has hired Jose Baez to represent him (previously defended Casey Anthony in her murder trial).

As the world turns...

Hook 'em

I don't know if his family has money, but otherwise Jose must have taken it pro bono for the high profile, and I don't know how high profile a misdemeanor case could be......So....where did the money come from?

Men should never ever hit a woman, but what was she thinking? Did she really think she was going to beat him up or did she think becasue she was female she could hit him without anything happening. Women really need to think before they act now days because there are a bunch of sorry POS out there who just don't care. I'm sure she was drunk but you don't get all aggressive to some dude in a bar that you don't know. Just to clarify I am not blaming her or defending him. Just saying women need to watch out for that $h!t.

watch the video more closely, he has grabbed her left arm and will not let go and is forceful, there is also another girl trying to get him off her, She is trying to get away. But think about this, stoops and boren pretty much saw the same thing on their tape but mixon caved her face in. Either way, any guy can just about push a girl off him and those punches are not going to hurt a guy but a dude has more force and can do 10x the damage.

I don't know what's going on before that video starts, and I am not attempting to justify his actions, but chivalry is not a legal concept. I doubt he faces much punishment from a legal standpoint. He may lose his scholarship though although I doubt it.

What is also disappointing about that video, is how the other patrons just sit there and do nothing. Even after she gets clocked. A guy next to her just has his eyes on the situation. He does more to protect his drink. Same goes with a guy to the side of the player.

I don't know what's going on before that video starts, and I am not attempting to justify his actions, but chivalry is not a legal concept. I doubt he faces much punishment from a legal standpoint. He may lose his scholarship though although I doubt it.

I think he already lost his scholarship. And he is facing charges. You can't just go around punching people, especially women. Provoked or unprovoked. Its called assault. That is what I believe he is charged with.

I'm all for setting guns down and two guys deciding to scrap it out instead of shooting it out. But hitting a girl is different.

Last edited:
If you're a guy who hits a girl, you're a POS. End of discussion. And if you're a football fan who condones it on your favorite football team, you're also a POS human being.

Reactions: tummer
I think he already lost his scholarship. And he is facing charges. You can't just go around punching people, especially women. Provoked or unprovoked. Its called assault. That is what I believe he is charged with.

I'm all for setting guns down and two guys deciding to scrap it out instead of shooting it out. But hitting a girl is different.

I am glad he lost his scholarship, but I still doubt much happens to him from a legal standpoint. Not that I agree with that. The post above says he's facing misdemeanor charges so I seriously doubt much comes from it. The idea that you should never hit a woman is a moral obligation, not a legal one. There are legal justifications for hitting women, but I am not trying to argue that he falls into that category.

If you're a guy who hits a girl, you're a POS. End of discussion. And if you're a football fan who condones it on your favorite football team, you're also a POS human being.
Yep.

I wish Mixon wasn't allowed back on the team. He, or Shannon. Or DBG.

I'll root for them to do better, change their lives around, use this to catapult them to be leaders of our society. I'll cheer when they make a great play. But I wish Bob et al didn't put me in this position. I'd just as soon they find a new home.

Funny how Talahassee PD found a way to release the tape but Norman PD buried theirs (much worse punch).

Micco- you can root for the good guys if you want. May be time for a switch.

Reactions: Scholz
I am glad he lost his scholarship, but I still doubt much happens to him from a legal standpoint. Not that I agree with that. The post above says he's facing misdemeanor charges so I seriously doubt much comes from it. The idea that you should never hit a woman is a moral obligation, not a legal one. There are legal justifications for hitting women, but I am not trying to argue that he falls into that category.

I hear ya. I think in this particular instance it is a legal one. I do think he will be charged. I am not saying she is a completely blameless and innocent victim........but she is a victim none the less. No matter what she said or how he was 'provoked'......he shouldn't have taken it to that level.

I think that is what the cops are saying by charging the guy. The courts will figure it out. But he very well could be found guilty of assault on this. The video and her face is evidence enough. He could have simply acted like a man or at least a grown up.

Last edited:
What is also disappointing about that video, is how the other patrons just sit there and do nothing. Even after she gets clocked. A guy next to her just has his eyes on the situation. He does more to protect his drink. Same goes with a guy to the side of the player.
Same with the freaking bartender. Seemed cowardly.

Yep.

I wish Mixon wasn't allowed back on the team. He, or Shannon. Or DBG.

I'll root for them to do better, change their lives around, use this to catapult them to be leaders of our society. I'll cheer when they make a great play. But I wish Bob et al didn't put me in this position. I'd just as soon they find a new home.
Stoops got rid of one of the coaches that seemed to like questionable characters. Hopefully we wont see any more of that.

Same with the freaking bartender. Seemed cowardly.

Not trying to defend anyone because they likely are cowards, but it's basically a 4 second clip with the first 3 seconds of it being standard drunk trash bullshit which I am sure that bar has no shortage of.

My bad, I guess I am too slow to click the link to realize there is a full video. Granted it did happen pretty fast so I don't know if anyone could have really prevented it, but everyone certainly could have cared a little more after the fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT