ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: #15/14 Texas @ TCU, Saturday, 1:00 (ESPN+)

LH817

Clear Urine. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2008
The Longhorns (13-3, 3-2) will be on the road again to take on a Horned Frogs team (6-8, 2-3) coming off a 51-50 nailbiter win over Texas Tech. A few Texas connections can be made to the TCU roster. Their leading scorer and rebounder (15.7 ppg/6.6 rpg), grad G Lauren Heard in what seems like her 9th season, is the younger sister of Longhorn Jerrod Heard. Freshman G Paige Bradley, a one-time UT commit, is the daughter of Longhorns Steve Bradley (football) and Amie Smith Bradley (basketball). She decommitted from Texas shortly after Vic was hired - my guess is that it was a mutual parting of ways.

TCU doesn't do anything particularly well but I've seen TCU play well above expectations against Texas before. The game that always comes to mind is the 2018 game when a Horned Frog team (10-5, 1-3) shooting 36.8% from 3 for the season hit 9 of 11 to upset #7 Texas (13-1, 4-0), 79-77. This season they have been 'inconsistent'. In addition to the Tech win, TCU beat an over-ranked #18 aggy squad, 87-75, but were blown out by an unranked SMU team, 79-53, and lost by 14 to California Baptist.

The Longhorns have to avoid any more bad losses a la Texas Tech to stay in the Big12 race. Currently in 4th place behind 5-1 ISU, 5-1 OU (sux) and 4-2 K-State, a slipup against the likes of TCU could dig the hole too deep to climb out of with their next stretch of games against:
  • K-State
  • @ #14 OU (sux)
  • #15 Baylor
  • @ #15 Baylor
  • @ Tech
  • #14 OU (sux)
  • #7 ISU
Vic said senior G/F Audrey Warren should be good to go against TCU - her last chance to don the burnt orange in her hometown. No word on Ebo’s availability (Covid protocol).

For Rockets fans: Hakeem Olajuwon's daughter, Abi, is an assistant coach and the recruiting coordinator at TCU.

This will be my first chance to attend a Vic-led Longhorns basketball game. If you see a guy in burnt orange giving the middle finger to the camera, intended for @mln59 😮

@thar0902 @wb3032 @icdb17 @BlakeSkaggs

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News