ADVERTISEMENT

What's the latest on Major and Clarington?

Haven't heard anything.

IT put out something today on Major which said it's looking very good on him getting in.

As for Clarington, they aren't sure because it's up to Clearinghouse. Sounds about right to me, nobody really has a clue on Clarington until his summer courses show up at Clearinghouse. Clarington seems confident on Twitter that he will be a Longhorn.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Getting Major in is like getting another 4'star commitment in the 15 class. The biggest reason Major was a 3'star was his grade issues. Talent wise the kid is basically a 4'star, so if he gets in I'll feel a lot better about our oline haul from 2015.

BTW, I think Texas is the perfect school for a kid like Major. Most of the time kids flunk out because they don't attend classes. That ain't happening at Texas, he is going to miss classes so basically I think he is going to do well, as long as he gets the tutoring help he needs.

I think we all know that making it to class is about 50% of the work when you are a freshmen.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Ok I need to hear something soon on Devo. Something has to be happening pretty quick.

Ok I need to hear something soon on Devo. Something has to be happening pretty quick.

His ACT score has been questioned. The grades are good, but the difference between his SAT and ACT is suspect. I think inside Texas reported it so consider the source.

I would think it would be his classes that are being questioned not his ACT. The ACT is a standardized test his score is either above or below the requirement, what is there to question on that?

I would think it would be his classes that are being questioned not his ACT. The ACT is a standardized test his score is either above or below the requirement, what is there to question on that?

Yeah I'm suspicious of this dude. I've done google searches, checked the Longhorn websites, this is the first I've heard of some ACT/SAT crap. I smell bullsh*t.

Reactions: oldhorn2
The NCAA can be pretty ridiculous, but I seriously doubt they call into question the validity of an ACT or SAT score. They are standardized tests, administered with established controls, and well outside of the scope of the NCAA. Them calling 1 into question is essentially calling all into question. I believe they get the scores directly from the ACT, so there isn't a possibility of falsifying a score.

He's probably got the scores, and just waiting on the clearinghouse to okay or deny his course work. If he didn't have his scores, then we would already know that he isn't coming.

Last edited:
Yes that's my understanding, it's just about his course work now. I'm just getting a little impatient.

It's pretty frustrating. Off the top of my head Aaron Ross and Tevin Jackson had to delay the start of their Longhorn careers for this very issue.

His ACT score has been questioned. The grades are good, but the difference between his SAT and ACT is suspect. I think inside Texas reported it so consider the source.

This isn't true at all.

Some random dude on 247 questioned if maybe his test scores were a problem. Bobby Burton said it's a possibility his test scores could have been flagged as that's common at clearinghouse. But he said he really didn't know.

The problem is coursework because he transferred so many times.

Every day I come here looking for news on Devo. Every day you people disappoint me.

Every day I come here looking for news on Devo. Every day you people disappoint me.

I gave you all the info you need. There is a reason why it's been so quiet when it comes to Devo. I've now read and heard the same info by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT