ADVERTISEMENT

Who all is reporting June 1st?

CoachEmUp64

Jan 15, 2015
Curious if anyone has a list of 15 recruits who will be reporting June 1st?

Also are the only guys in question: Clarrington, Majors, and Lampkin?

Hopefully Boyd, has anyone received any updates from Hamm about him being in CS and what dorm he has decided on?

Reactions: Scholz
Anyone know if Lampkin passed a second language course in high school? The "rumors" are that he might not qualify at Texas because it's a requirement.

Please feel free to confirm or squash said rumor.

TIA.

Lampkin just confirmed that he's NOT attending UT.

---and Mark Jackson just committed to Ags.

Sucks about Lampkin, but you have to meet academic standards. Good riddance. Like I said in the other thread, if you can't meet academic standards go somewhere like OU.

As for Mark Jackson, couldn't care less. Eric Fowler has always been our priority at that position and we are only taking one there from my understanding.

Sucks for Lampkin, it's his obstacles to concur not ours.... Good luck to him.

Sucks about Lampkin, but you have to meet academic standards. Good riddance. Like I said in the other thread, if you can't meet academic standards go somewhere like OU.

As for Mark Jackson, couldn't care less. Eric Fowler has always been our priority at that position and we are only taking one there from my understanding.
I wouldn't say that, but it makes Fowler all that more important.

I wouldn't say that, but it makes Fowler all that more important.

Based on actual talent the comparison isn't even close. Fowler is significantly better than Jackson. Will Texas land Fowler, who knows? But from watching his film there's no doubt Texas top priority at that position is Fowler. I've said several times that I think Fowler might be the best player in the state.

Based on actual talent the comparison isn't even close. Fowler is significantly better than Jackson. Will Texas land Fowler, who knows? But from watching his film there's no doubt Texas top priority at that position is Fowler. I've said several times that I think Fowler might be the best player in the state.

Man I like fowler but this screams sour grapes, how do you figure its not close, watch the tape its very close and honestly I don't know how you could come to any other conclusion. I prefer Jackson for our scheme because I think he is a true WDE and not a rush Linebacker, I think he'd be wasted dropping into coverage. Fowler is a very good player whom I wanted at linebacker not defensive end but I am not sure how Fowler projects as a true linebacker since he spends most of his time rushing the passer. Great athleticism, very explosive player who I absolutley would love to have.

He didn't like the big city traffic, sounds like a legit reason to pick Aggy to me....

A bunch have made it to campus already...PJ, Burt, Elliot, Boyd, Cherry, etc...

Man I like fowler but this screams sour grapes, how do you figure its not close, watch the tape its very close and honestly I don't know how you could come to any other conclusion. I prefer Jackson for our scheme because I think he is a true WDE and not a rush Linebacker, I think he'd be wasted dropping into coverage. Fowler is a very good player whom I wanted at linebacker not defensive end but I am not sure how Fowler projects as a true linebacker since he spends most of his time rushing the passer. Great athleticism, very explosive player who I absolutley would love to have.
Charlie would take him, but Fowler is on top of the board to play Fox...

Fowler is a must get. He has been Charlies top target at that position.

Prior to National Signing Day speculation surrounding Ronnie Major’s academic eligibility was rampant. Major’s coach and Huntsville ISD Athletic Director, Rodney Southern, told HornSports in February that Major had some work to do but a plan was in place to get him qualified.

We caught up with Coach Southern again on Monday and asked about Major’s progress:

“His grades are better, core-wise. He’s still working on his test score.”

Since signees are moving to Austin and officially enrolling this week, it doesn’t sound like Major has completed the aforementioned plan. Does this translate to bad news for Ronnie Major and Texas?

Not at all.

Southern emphatically told us that Major will still qualify and enroll at Texas.

When? We’re not sure.

Reactions: Scholz
I believe Kai shows up on the 7th. Charles O isn't out of class yet and i believe Skyline has yet to walk the stage. We should see Wheeler by this weekend.

As of right now, it appears the only recruit that won't make it on campus at some point this summer is Lampkin!

Currently 9 shy of a full house. Axe Lampkin and that leaves 8...

Tristan Houston should arrive tomorrow.
Kai on the 7th
Charles O this weekend
Wheeler should be this weekened.
Clarington?
Major?
Gilbert Johnson?
Cameron Townsend?

Currently 9 shy of a full house. Axe Lampkin and that leaves 8...

Tristan Houston should arrive tomorrow.
Kai on the 7th
Charles O this weekend
Wheeler should be this weekened.
Clarington?
Major?
Gilbert Johnson?
Cameron Townsend?
Thanks!!

Prior to National Signing Day speculation surrounding Ronnie Major’s academic eligibility was rampant. Major’s coach and Huntsville ISD Athletic Director, Rodney Southern, told HornSports in February that Major had some work to do but a plan was in place to get him qualified.

We caught up with Coach Southern again on Monday and asked about Major’s progress:

“His grades are better, core-wise. He’s still working on his test score.”

Since signees are moving to Austin and officially enrolling this week, it doesn’t sound like Major has completed the aforementioned plan. Does this translate to bad news for Ronnie Major and Texas?

Not at all.

Southern emphatically told us that Major will still qualify and enroll at Texas.

When? We’re not sure.

Sounds like a summer enrollee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT