ADVERTISEMENT

Winning The Big 12

Fair enough. I would submit however that Baylor would've gone in '14 had Bowlsby named the champ correctly. But we can go round and round on this. We'll see how it goes this year.

Maybe, at the same time maybe they would have just as well gotten in had they had a ccg instead. I rather think its more likely that in the inaugural playoff they had a nice and shiny set of four name brand 12 win champs and two new kids on the block to choose from. The big 12 not naming a champion was very convenient and they got what they wanted.

The biggest concern for OU IMO is all that they have lost on the defensive side after the 2015 season, im not sure that they have recruited well enough over the last few years on defense to hang with a talented team like Ohio State. We'll see. I also think they have to much offensive fire power for Houston to beat them. Very good OOC schedule though.
They only lost 4 starters, most of them replaceable. Tapper on the Dline and Sanchez at db, that's OU's strength right now and they can be replaced. Striker and Alexander are losses and the Lb corps is my real only concern on D. Theyve recruited well at lb, and i imagine we'll be seeing Caleb Kelly (#1 lb recruit this year). osu returns a grand total of 6 starters from last year. I dont care who you are when you are that inexperienced, it will affect you. They might be talented but they have little experience and that'll matter when you have similar talent facing you in OU. I wont be surprised if OU loses, but the 16 osu is anything but a proven commodity. It just doesnt seem like they will be as good as they were last year losing 8 starters each on both sides of the ball.

They only lost 4 starters, most of them replaceable. Tapper on the Dline and Sanchez at db, that's OU's strength right now and they can be replaced. Striker and Alexander are losses and the Lb corps is my real only concern on D. Theyve recruited well at lb, and i imagine we'll be seeing Caleb Kelly (#1 lb recruit this year). osu returns a grand total of 6 starters from last year. I dont care who you are when you are that inexperienced, it will affect you. They might be talented but they have little experience and that'll matter when you have similar talent facing you in OU. I wont be surprised if OU loses, but the 16 osu is anything but a proven commodity. It just doesnt seem like they will be as good as they were last year losing 8 starters each on both sides of the ball.

They lost the best defensive players they had off a team that got blown out against the best team they played all year in Clemson and they gave up 312 yards rushing in that game. It should also be noted that Ohio State has had top 5 recruiting classes 4 of the last 5 years which would indicate they are at a prime spot to just reload. I don't know who is going to win, OU has a very good QB and running backs but their oline and defense are suspect and that generally means trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornosaurusRex
They lost the best defensive players they had off a team that got blown out against the best team they played all year in Clemson and they gave up 312 yards rushing in that game. It should also be noted that Ohio State has had top 5 recruiting classes 4 of the last 5 years which would indicate they are at a prime spot to just reload. I don't know who is going to win, OU has a very good QB and running backs but their oline and defense are suspect and that generally means trouble.

Yeah man they should just take the year off and hit the weight room.

IMO they will be better on D this year than last year. Though its not easy to improve from being the #1 D in the conference.

Well, you know tx had three top 3 recruiting classes from 2010 to 2012 and we all know how well that worked out. And osu could reload, no way to tell until we see the product on the field. You just dont know what to expect out of a team who returns 6 total starters, so yeah the recruits are good but theyre young and inexperienced. You still lose a lot when you replace a long time starter 1st round pick with a 5 star stud. OU returns 14 and that kind of continuity you cant ignore, so I feel good about their chances.

And the Oline will be a strength this year just due to the learning curve, but last year they returned 28 offensive line starts, and only 2 of 5 starters. That's 120th out of 127 teams, so Yeah they werent very good at all due to lack of experience. Dline is probably the biggest strength of the D because of how many good players they rotate in. They were just beat by a better team with better athletes against clemson. but I do like how Stoops has been going after bigger beefier guys, where in the past they preferred smaller quicker people to battle big 12 offenses. Secondary will be the best in the big 12 again, my only real defensive concern is the depth at LB. Shouldnt be a problem to win the big 12 though =)

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
$ooners like you dishonestly brag about getting supremely lucky as if you were the best team last year and moronically claim it'll easily happen again.

You promptly showed you weren't a deserving team when you got to the national stage per usual.

I would say Ou is the favorite but not the overwhelming favorite. Will Baylor instantly take a step back? Who knows. IMO the big 12 will be a little weak this year compared to others. Hope I'm wrong

Just show up in Dallas this year. It was too easy last year.

The big 12 is OU's for the taking, and there's no shame in admitting it

Sterling Sheppard was their best player last year and he's gone. And I don't know if their offense will be as good if a receiver doesn't show up and be the difference maker he was.

And if Mayfield has another concussion he will have to give up fb because that would be three in less than a year and no dr will risk his reputation and clear him to play. If that happens Oklahoma will no longer be the clear cut favorite.

"Manhandle?" That would probably even shock the Texas coaches.
Who knows? Anything is possible.
Any particular reason you think this other that fandom? Like legit football reasons?

Aside from doing it to ou last year with less experience? If we can do it to them, we can do ti to you

Sterling Sheppard was their best player last year and he's gone. And I don't know if their offense will be as good if a receiver doesn't show up and be the difference maker he was.

And if Mayfield has another concussion he will have to give up fb because that would be three in less than a year and no dr will risk his reputation and clear him to play. If that happens Oklahoma will no longer be the clear cut favorite.

I disagree that he was their best player but he was huge for them and other receivers are going to need to step up. Westbrook is very good and Andrews will get a lot of passes, which should be fun. I am looking forward to seeing who does step up. They will not be as good if a receiver doesnt show up, i agree.

I'll be more worried about him getting a concussion next season when/if it does happen. But yeah without Mayfield they are not the favorites at all.

Aside from doing it to ou last year with less experience? If we can do it to them, we can do ti to you

OU's Oline was nowhere near the level of NDs. Their Oline was actually their weakness. Their line finished outside the top 25 in efficiency in the country, ND's is ranked 8th. Most think ND's DLine & Oline will both overall be better than last year. They bring back 13 of the combined 16 lineman who started or played significant minutes.
Read your own thread from the game. Your own forum commented on how NDs second & third string was blowing your starters off the ball. Those were also true freshmen pushing your freshmen & sophomores around up front.

I would say Ou is the favorite but not the overwhelming favorite. Will Baylor instantly take a step back? Who knows. IMO the big 12 will be a little weak this year compared to others. Hope I'm wrong
Yes. Baylor has already just taken a step back. Psychologically, if nothing else. Who wants to represent a university that stands for allowing rapists to go free as long as they can get to the QB in 3.3 seconds?

OU's Oline was nowhere near the level of NDs. Their Oline was actually their weakness. Their line finished outside the top 25 in efficiency in the country, ND's is ranked 8th. Most think ND's DLine & Oline will both overall be better than last year. They bring back 13 of the combined 16 lineman who started or played significant minutes.
Read your own thread from the game. Your own forum commented on how NDs second & third string was blowing your starters off the ball. Those were also true freshmen pushing your freshmen & sophomores around up front.

Some of that may be true... but we dominated the LoS against a playoff team - which ND was not... and yeah it took a few games for our units to gel, but they eentually did This isnt going to be the same looking Texas team come week 1 that you guys got to play last year. We are gonna line it up and smash your asses all over the field.

SB is going to hypnotize the country while Malik feasts on your qb and backfield.... and that doesnt even begin to cover the carnage in store for the Domers.... I called it Texas by 13 a few months ago, and I stand by it...

Texas shocks the nation in week 1--- Texas 38 ND 25

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT