ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, ESPN just blasted Stoops

You worry about conferences, I'll focus on my team winning something.

OU still wins the Big XII this year in all likelihood. I'm sure it's frustrating at times for OU fans to drop a game or two each year they feel they should win, but he's still in the midst of a great run. Of his generation of coaches, he's only topped by Saban, Meyer, and probably Carroll.

If Ou wins the conference this year......the BIG XII will not have a team in the playoffs

All I did in the OP was recap almost verbatim what the ESPN guy said in his article.

I think Stoops is, or at least was, a hell of a coach. But he does have a penchant for losing the big ones, more often than not.

Jsto as much as I hate Bob at times he has probably won more big games than he has lost.

Playing Joe Mixon says a lot about Stoops in my book. That has to color everything else he does. And quoting from Berry Tramel, "Dusty Dvoracek cracked a skull and Adrian Peterson drove a Lexus he didn’t pay for and now Bomar and J.D. Quinn were ghost workers at Big Red Sports & Imports."

Stoops has been good in some ways, and not so good.

Horns rule yet he was voted #1 by other d1 coaches on who they would pick their son to play for if they had a choice. He is very very respected in that circle which I'm sure means more to him than a few fans on a rivals message board lol. He probably isn't as innocent as Ou fans make him out to be, but not as bad as Texas fans say he is either.

That's nice, Leg76, but you have no data on the ethics of coaches who voted that way. They didn't control for that. It could just show that most coaches are willing to be sleazes, for all you know.

It was 23 coaches from the big 12 and sec. I'm sure he respects their opinion over you guys. That's not a knock on y'all I'm just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT