ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Preseason Heisman Rankings

I agree with Bryce Love being at #1, but no way Jake Browning should be at #12. He should be a top 5 guy.

I don't understand the whole Drew Lock and Will Grier love fest.

Truthfully I want Grier to have video game numbers going into the UT game.
WVU was one of the worse teams on third down last year.
Unless Grier throws his 50 yd TD he is pretty average.

I would love to see the look on Heisenberg's face when he looks at this list and notices that Rodney Anderson isn't even on the list.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I am not up to speed with the top talent but, is there a potential defensive guy that can at least make an honorable mention Heisman category?

Ed Oliver, from UH should be on the top 10 list, IMO.
This is the only defensive player (coming into the season) that carries the name recognition needed in order to compete for the Heisman. If he plays like has the last two years, he will be in New York. Not only because is an absolutely unblockable, but because he is a news story. When was the last time a defensive player made the final cut? Suh, and before that Sapp. Would be ratings gold for the networks. Mark it down, unless something tragic happens to the kid, he will be in New York at season's end.

Major used Ed Oliver in goal line situations in their bowl game.

Haven't paid attention to their fall camp but I think they will use him in those situations during the season.

He has three things going against him
1) Media attention
2) Being Triple teamed
3) On a 7-9 win team at best

Will be the first Three time All American and will win every award available at his position.

For him to get to NY will be an achievement.

Major used Ed Oliver in goal line situations in their bowl game.

Haven't paid attention to their fall camp but I think they will use him in those situations during the season.

He has three things going against him
1) Media attention
2) Being Triple teamed
3) On a 7-9 win team at best

Will be the first Three time All American and will win every award available at his position.

For him to get to NY will be an achievement.
Won't happen. They'll game plan the sh!t out of him.

ADVERTISEMENT