ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting

It’s a day or two old news, but the Horns got a commitment from 3* center Michael Myslinski from Florida.
Oh wow. A three star offensive lineman. I guess I'm supposed to forget about the five star tackle and five star center we missed out on....... Whose father and grandfather played at Texas....... And whose older brother is currently at Texas........ This is our consolation prize. I remember the last time a coach took a bunch of players out of Florida and brought them to Texas. One lasted all of a day. One lasted a month and I think one didn't even bother showing? I forget.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ortal-Texas-Longhorns-football-149989836/Amp/

And then there's this.

Oh wow. A three star offensive lineman. I guess I'm supposed to forget about the five star tackle and five star center we missed out on....... Whose father and grandfather played at Texas....... And whose older brother is currently at Texas........ This is our consolation prize. I remember the last time a coach took a bunch of players out of Florida and brought them to Texas. One lasted all of a day. One lasted a month and I think one didn't even bother showing? I forget.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ortal-Texas-Longhorns-football-149989836/Amp/

And then there's this.

Little hermy better have one hell of a season. The knives are already out.

Reactions: LonghornMM

And then there's this.

This kid's family is connect to Herb Hand.

There are multiple centers in Texas that are higher rated prospects than this kid.

Pics or GTFO!

f836c57b-17fd-4329-aa49-74a9428f16a3-jpeg.4099

65015431-9f0e-43d3-99e6-90d61304a260-jpeg.4101

Enjoy

Reports coming out saying WR Troy Omerie(?) has tore his ACL.
If true, I can’t recall over 20yrs this many injuries happening over the last year.

4 star QB Jalen Milroe decommited. Probably didn't see much playing time being wedged between Card, Jackson, and now Ewers.

3* QB Charles Wright out of Austin High commits today. Backfill for losing Milroy.
Keep in mind McCoy was a 3*.

We'll see. His team played against Lake Travis with Hudson Card at QB and lost 63-0.

They must see something in him. He actually decommitted from Iowa State who has recruited decent quarterbacks lately.

His video is actually pretty amazing. Kid is big and has a cannon for an arm. He is also pretty damn accurate on his deep balls. I guarantee he would have been a kid we would have hated at ISU not only because of how good he was, but also because of the stories about he was grew up a Texas fan and never got an offer.

Reactions: HornNation101
His video is actually pretty amazing. Kid is big and has a cannon for an arm. He is also pretty damn accurate on his deep balls. I guarantee he would have been a kid we would have hated at ISU not only because of how good he was, but also because of the stories about he was grew up a Texas fan and never got an offer.

Career backup. Which is not a bad thing to have on the roster. One or two of Thompson, Card, Johnson will transfer or switch positions once the heir to Ehlinger reveals himself next year. Wright won't go anywhere because he's a legacy and always dreamed of playing football for UT and probably doesn't have high NFL expectations. I think it's a smart move by the staff.

Reactions: TX1972
Career backup. Which is not a bad thing to have on the roster. One or two of Thompson, Card, Johnson will transfer or switch positions once the heir to Ehlinger reveals himself next year. Wright won't go anywhere because he's a legacy and always dreamed of playing football for UT and probably doesn't have high NFL expectations. I think it's a smart move by the staff.

Colt was our career backup when he committed along with Perrloser. All I'm saying is you never know.

If you watch and compare the flim on Ewers and Charles Wright, the only real difference between the two is that Ewers has one of the quickest releases I've ever seen in a QB for his age. Where Wright is a project who seems to make his throws out of basically who the play calls for him to throw it to. Both are very accurate and both have cannons on their shoulder, but Ewers once a guy is open he gets the ball out of his hands so damn fast it's crazy. That is what separates a good QB (Wright) from a Generational QB (Ewers).

This is where develop comes in.

Dammit!....Dont you know this is Texas!....D is for defense....what is this development I am hearing about?

Every coach coming in brings his S&C coach and every one of them is astonished at how underdeveloped the team is.....from Mad dog to Moorer to McKnight.....I do believe McKnight might be the best of the bunch, but I am going to have to see results on the field.......And another thing!...If we are now on the right track coaching wise, what in hell took so long??? We frankly are more akin to aTm than to Alabama and that pisses me off to the highest extent of pisstivity!

Dammit!....Dont you know this is Texas!....D is for defense....what is this development I am hearing about?

Every coach coming in brings his S&C coach and every one of them is astonished at how underdeveloped the team is.....from Mad dog to Moorer to McKnight.....I do believe McKnight might be the best of the bunch, but I am going to have to see results on the field.......And another thing!...If we are now on the right track coaching wise, what in hell took so long??? We frankly are more akin to aTm than to Alabama and that pisses me off to the highest extent of pisstivity!

I suppose you are right. Development doesn't seem to be the MO at Texas.

Texas picks up a grad transfer WR from Arizona. Supposedly has a brother in the portal as well who plays ILB and led the team past 2 years in tackles.

Texas picks up a grad transfer WR from Arizona. Supposedly has a brother in the portal as well who plays ILB and led the team past 2 years in tackles.

Also picked up a transfer RB the other day. This is good because I have a feeling they cannot depend on several of our current players. One day they're here and the next they'd rather be protesting. Replace them now so you don't get caught thin later.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT