ADVERTISEMENT

22 years ago today

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
The biggest upset win in longhorn history. TX upset NB 37/27. We were a 20 point underdog but TX qb James Brown feeling his team was being disrespected said words to the effect that I think we'll win by 20 points. He wasn't quite right we only won by 10 :)

The horns pretty much controlled the tempo from the opening kickoff to the final gun. James Brown was magnificent from start to finish. Priest. Holmes had the best game of his TX career. And one of our lb's I can't remember who.had like 15 tackles.

But what I remember best was Brown to Lewis on 4th and 2 from our 28. First it looked like they were going to give to Priest. Then it looked like Brown was going to keep it. But he threw it to. Derek Lewis and it went for 61 yards. What I remember most was Lewis slowing down to watch himself on the jumbotron. I hearrd that he was a real character off the field so it figures that he would do something like that. Priest took it in on the next play for the final score.

One of the great plays in TX history. Up there with Street to Peschel on 4th down, and Vince on 4th down. Why have so many of our great plays came on 4th down lol.

That was in the last 4 years of the Tom Osborne era. They won 3 out 4 nc's during that era. They would have played for a 4th except for one thing. They had to play us. One of only 2 games they lost during that era.

HookemHorns

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT