ADVERTISEMENT

49ers/Cowboys game thread

Dak is slightly above avg overall. He still stares down receivers and can be rattled easily. Unless you have a shut down D and elite running he will never take them to a superbowl.

As soon as Dak gets pressure on him he buckles and throws the ball to where he thinks the receivers will be. If he would of ran more Cowboys would had easily won.

As soon as Dak gets pressure on him he buckles and throws the ball to where he thinks the receivers will be. If he would of ran more Cowboys would had easily won.
The 49ers have the best playcaller in the NFL and have a bunch of weapons. That's the difference in making an average QB look really good. Whenever Tony Pollard went down the 49ers knew the only playmaker the Cowboys had on the field was Lamb. That's when the game shifted.

The Cowboys for whatever reason this offseason traded their best WR away (Amari Cooper) for peanuts when they literally didn't have to. Also let Cedrick Wilson walk. Noah Brown was their 2nd best WR all year. They over achieved winning 12 games and a playoff game.

If Dak was as bad as some you claim he wouldn't have a 61-36 record as a starter in the NFL.

You have to beat 4 good teams in a row to win a Super Bowl. Dak can win one here and there but not 4 in a row...
Hard to beat good teams when the front office purposely gets rid of Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson and does nothing to replace them. Between those guys they lost 1,500 yards and 14 TDs of production. The problem is Jerry and Stephen Jones and always has been. They're cheap asses when it comes to free agency.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Hard to beat good teams when the front office purposely gets rid of Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson and does nothing to replace them. Between those guys they lost 1,500 yards and 14 TDs of production. The problem is Jerry and Stephen Jones and always has been. They're cheap asses when it comes to free agency.
Jerry is also an idiot. He committed way too much to Ezekiel Elliot and Dak. Those 2 are second stringers on a lot of teams.

Jerry is also an idiot. He committed way too much to Ezekiel Elliot and Dak. Those 2 are second stringers on a lot of teams.
It was a huge mistake when they took Zeke with the 4th overall pick. Then on top of that he doubled down and gave him an awful contract extension when Zeke still have 2 years left on his rookie contract. I still think Dak is good enough to win with with the right roster around him. They were 2-3 plays away from winning that game yesterday so I don't think they are that far off.

Zeke has been good but he's past his prime. Once Pollard went out we no longer had a big threat out of the backfield and they were able to focus on Dak trying to pass.

My main gripe besides the INTs thrown by Dak was how we didn't take away the short middle of the field passes that Purdy kept completing. He can't hit guys outside the hashes from the pocket but yet we kept letting him have open slants across the middle.

Yes the Cowboys did go 4-1 with Cooper Rush at qb. Here are the teams he beat Bengals, Giants, Washington, Rams and his streak ended with the Eagles. Looks like he beat a couple of playoff teams.....the Cowboys did over achieve as well, but you can thank Cooper for keeping the boat afloat.

Yeah San Francisco is the number 1 defense, but I guess the game I watched and Dak throwing int should of been 3 he had all the time in the world to throw those balls. No he was under pressure and again threw the balls where he thought his receivers would be.

Zeke has been good but he's past his prime. Once Pollard went out we no longer had a big threat out of the backfield and they were able to focus on Dak trying to pass.

My main gripe besides the INTs thrown by Dak was how we didn't take away the short middle of the field passes that Purdy kept completing. He can't hit guys outside the hashes from the pocket but yet we kept letting him have open slants across the middle.
I thought the defense did a really good job overall. SF was averaging 35 PPG since Purdy has been the starter and they held them to 19. They did more than enough to win that game. Dak just so happened to shit his pants for whatever reason.

I never make excuses for Dak when he sucks he sucks when he is good he is good you just never know which one you will get. And we found out early yesterday in the first quarter what we were getting. The magic 8 ball is always unpredictable.

For all this criticism directed at Dak it has to said that the 49ers have an outstanding defense. They were just to strong for the cowboys.

I won't mind if it happens but I wouldn't bet on it. If they do and it's more than likely he's gone anyway DeMeco Ryans will be a head coach in 2023 somewhere.
Man he was a great player for the Texans. Didn’t know he got into coaching until last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT