ADVERTISEMENT

A&M distances itself from WRTS hashtag

"He is simply too small for his position in the SEC."

This type of mentality is so tired.... what is it about being in the SEC that makes people delusional?

I remember before Florida went on their string of championships, the reason that SEC teams didn't win national championships (according to SEC fan) was "because they beat up on each other so much during the regular season that there was nothing left for the bowl games."

Maybe that's why BAMA lost in the playoffs this year... all those oversized LBs took their toll during the regular season?

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"Hey Bomb, did he "DM" that pic to,you?"

Good one.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Glad you're a good sport.

I wonder if there is any $$$$ owed the Mack's, schools don't pay families......... I hope there weren't any false promises!

This post was edited on 2/27 9:20 AM by TexExSpur

roll.r191677.gif
Bomb easily has these poor witless aggys on full tilt with every post.

#wrts

Weren't Ready to SEC
We Regret This Slogan

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:
You would think bomb would stop making new topics. They haven't been going too well for him lately...
Yeah he keeps having to educate uninformed aggy fans. I can see where that can be annoying.

Hey factfinder......let's actually play "factfinder" with TEXAS and AtM.....I will begin. FACT AtM hasn't won a national championship in football in
over 75 years. I figure u can state some fun "facts" also and we can debate over which school has more "fun facts". Anyone can chime in even
Mikey. I will be out of pocket for a few days heading down to Amistad but I will try to post a "funfact" everyday and I hope you will do the
same......of course until you get banned and change your handle.

Not that the NCAA ever does anything anymore but is this a recruiting violation aggy is trying to distance itself from?

A) aggys recruit a kid from Gladewater Texas
B) aggy make promises to Mack family about the trademark
C) Recruit's dad takes a trademark on the logo
D) aggy staff including the coach is known to use the logo
E) the logo presented to a multi-million dollar lawyer who is a ex-aggy for use of the trademark. The lawyer of course decides to accept the new client from an unknown in little Gladewater Texas (I guess who wasn't making enough money).
F) aggys continue to use the logo even after signing date
G) The recruit signs with aggy
G) Now the aggys say they will no longer use this logo
H) Some aggy booster will probably buy it from the Macks for a healthy sum but since A&M isn't using it there is no question of improprieties.

By the by, when is aggy going to distance itself from all of the fake conference and national titles on its stadium wall?

Originally posted by Scholz:
Not that the NCAA ever does anything anymore but is this a recruiting violation aggy is trying to distance itself from?

A) aggys recruit a kid from Gladewater Texas
B) aggy make promises to Mack family about the trademark
C) Recruit's dad takes a trademark on the logo
D) aggy staff including the coach is known to use the logo
E) the logo presented to a multi-million dollar lawyer who is a ex-aggy for use of the trademark. The lawyer of course decides to accept the new client from an unknown in little Gladewater Texas (I guess who wasn't making enough money).
F) aggys continue to use the logo even after signing date
G) The recruit signs with aggy
G) Now the aggys say they will no longer use this logo
H) Some aggy booster will probably buy it from the Macks for a healthy sum but since A&M isn't using it there is no question of improprieties.

By the by, when is aggy going to distance itself from all of the fake conference and national titles on its stadium wall?
Interesting

I find this argument trivial at best, but are Aggies really going to claim that they are backing away from this to respect a hashtag trademark? Twitter is impossible to regulate. Furthermore, its very unlikely Mr. Mack has the money to try to prosecute trade mark infringement. And to beat this horse to death, if A&M wanted to use it, all they have to do is pay Mr. Mack for the rights. I don't know the many but my guess is the pay off would be next to nothing, and he'd take it.

We can speculate about the real reasons all day, but its not surprising that its coming on the heals of two teams from the state of Texas finishing ahead of A&M in the rankings, losing four very visible head to head recruiting battles with Texas late in the cycle, having to struggle to hold onto a legacy QB, and finishing behind Texas in the recruiting rankings.

People have finally woken up from the weed nap that JFB induced, and have realized that Sumlin and crew are all swagger and no substance. It seems to me A&M is rightfully trying to distance itself from unsubstantiated bragging rights.

Originally posted by horn01:

It seems to me A&M is rightfully trying to distance itself from unsubstantiated bragging rights.
But unsubstantiated bragging is their whole thing. It's their raison d'être. Not buying it.

"But unsubstantiated bragging is their whole thing. It's their raison d'être. Not buying it."

When you are right, you are right. Touche.

"Says enough[/B] about how we recruited agains you guys this year."

Actually it is one, flawed, way at looking at recruiting. Strong got in the game late. Recruiting is a two year (if not more) game these days. He had to start making offers to kids that Briles, Stoops, Miles, Sumlin and Kingsbury already had relationships with, and in many cases, kids who had already committed else where. The deck was stacked against him, and he out recruited every coach in Texas according to a majority of recruiting rankings.

Originally posted by cml7374:
Hey factfinder......let's actually play "factfinder" with TEXAS and AtM.....I will begin. FACT AtM hasn't won a national championship in football in
over 75 years. I figure u can state some fun "facts" also and we can debate over which school has more "fun facts". Anyone can chime in even
Mikey. I will be out of pocket for a few days heading down to Amistad but I will try to post a "funfact" everyday and I hope you will do the
same......of course until you get banned and change your handle.
Since anyone can chime in....
Texas is a 6-7 football team. EOFF

Originally posted by AggieEric78:
Bomb,

15-6. Says enough about how we recruited agains you guys this year.
When are they scheduling the victory parade? I figured that it should be soon because aggy fans love to memorialize trivial things like that since they really have nothing else to celebrate.

Originally posted by Strange Brew:
Bomb,

When are they scheduling the victory parade? I figured that it should be soon because aggy fans love to memorialize trivial things like that since they really have nothing else to celebrate.
There won't need to be one. I'm sure our 15 will do their part in ribbing the 6 for going to a 6-7 team that will lose six games this year.

Strange Brew,

You are taking a page out of Bomb's argument. He will bring up something about the SEC being …. and then we refute that and prove him wrong, he will say I don't care about the conference we are in…. Loves to argue on both sides of the fence. Very clever until you nail him on it.

Mike

Strange Brew,

You are taking a page out of Bomb's argument. He will bring up something about the SEC being …. and then we refute that and prove him wrong, he will say I don't care about the conference we are in…. Loves to argue on both sides of the fence. Very clever until you nail him on it.

Mike
You read a lot more into the two sentences than what was meant. I didn't realize how unclear the message was but perhaps I need to break it down for the aggy fan base. I am basically saying that this means way more to you than it does to me and most of the other Longhorn fans on this board.

Frankly I could care less about who beat who head to head, the only thing that matters to me is the product on the field. Ultimately both classes will be judged by their accomplishments on the field and not what happened in Feb.

I'm going to disagree with this a tad. Recruiting is the life blood of the program. Of course on field results are what ultimately matters, but you cannot disregard recruiting. I give Strong a lot of credit for recruiting they way he did. He got in the game late, and the season was not exactly a selling point for recruits. He got some Texas talent and filled in the gaps with out of state kids. Thats ok, for THIS year.

Next February is a different story. I'd expect him to further close the gap with head to head battles for Texas recruits. I don't want to see him having to go out of state at the last minute for a QB, for instance.

Agree with you to a point, but my comment was made towards Bomb who was the one who brought up recruiting battles.

Three years from now we will know who has the better class.

CML,

Once again, change the subject when you can't win the argument at hand. Another Bomb tactic.

Care to post something relative about the argument we are discussing?

Such a dishonest stat. Many of those guys you claim as H2H wins were offered by Mack Brown. Are you aggys honest about anything ever?

It must be a slow day at the sheep shearing and animal husbandry factory today. Sure are a lot of aggys running around on a site that says LONGHORNS on it.

I've come to realize (having several aggy friends most of whom were 2%ers) that any victory for aggy, be it minute or moral, or anything that aggy can delusionally argue that "could" be a victory, especially over Texas, it is made a bid deal of.

Mole hill, let me wave my aggy magic wand and BOOM! You're now a mountain.
Aggy-"we beat you in recruiting this year!"
Longhorn-"actually 8 out of 10 recruiting services including 4 out of the 5 largest say you didn't."
Aggy-"well we beat you where it MATTERS, you know, in head to head battles over recruits"
Longhorn looks around the room at all in attendance, points at aggy and says "is this guy serious?"

SEC members in the room look at each other and then spontaneously break out in SEC chant rhythm with "TAKE THEM BACK! TAKE THEM BACK! TAKE THEM BACK!"

Aggy sees that nobody likes them at this party either but because of 3 years of blind indoctrination, every time they hear any chant with a 3 count rhythm, they involuntarily start chanting "SEC! SEC!SEC!"

Look, I now even the smallest thing that you aggys do, you want it to be important, for it to matter, for you to be able to hold it up to daddy and say, "look daddy, I wiped my own ass today! It was the best ass wiping EVER cause I didn't get any poo on my hands this time!"

And it's sad that you have to be that way. Battered aggy syndrome is not a joke. And we at Texas secretly feel very bad/sad for you even though it doesn't always show. Do you know how I can prove that? Easy.

If a bomb dropped on Norman oklahoma, I would lose zero sleep over it. None. Nada. Fvck those people. I would make bomb jokes for the rest of my life about BOOMer sooner and what not.

I have never, nor will I ever tell a loud mouth aggy to "go practice building a bonfire". I truly feel sorry for you guys, we all do, so that's why we don't low blow you like we would sooners.

There's no rivalry between you and Texas. When you lose more than 2 to 1 ratio in football to us, that's not a rivalry, that's a prison rape.

OU is a rivalry. They actually have the talent and heart to beat us going back over 100 years. I know we lead the series overall, but OU isn't too far behind. That, by definition, is a rivalry.

So please, take your "head to head" recruiting moral victory, get it bronzed, and hang it in your VERY empty trophy case.

Congrats!

Aggieric.....15-6 out recruited TEXAS yet AtM was STILL below TEXAS overall.....that WRTS lasted a good 2 years. Feel bad for you aggsy boys...just like your fathers and most likely your grandfathers y'all will never see AtM win a national championship.....but hey maybe you guys can put up a made up championship since the SEC won while y'all were part of it. AtM is Mediocre as a program nothing more......just accept it.....everyone else has.

Originally posted by cml7374:
76TEXAS wins 37AtM wins 5 ties.......keep the "fun" facts going aggsyfan
"fun" facts.................

The Hook Em Horns sign was a direct response to the Gig Em Sign

The Hex Rally was a direct response to Bonfire

Texas Fight is a direct response to Farmers Fight and the song is just a sped up version what Ags call Taps, but with different words.

Don't forget "I've been working on the railroad". It's funny that a school who likes to brag about their music program and Austin being the music capital of Texas has virtually no original music.

Oh good lord.

Pointing at Mikej and wondering "if Mikej is here, then who's running the sheep brothel today?"

"fun" facts.................

The Hook Em Horns sign was a direct response to the Gig Em Sign. In no way is this a fact, even if they swore it was at fish camp. Even if its true, the longhorn logo, the interlocking U and T, and the hookem sign are considered some of if not the best branding in all of sports, and in fact, in any industry. No one knows what the hell gig em is.

The Hex Rally was a direct response to Bonfire So what. The Hex rally is stupid, and so is the bonfire. This is kind of like bragging about your band.

Texas Fight is a direct response to Farmers Fight and the song is just a sped up version what Ags call Taps, but with different words. I have never heard of Farmers Fight.

Don't forget "I've been working on the railroad". It's funny that a school who likes to brag about their music program and Austin being the music capital of Texas has virtually no original music. Where to begin with this. Music program? I have never heard a single thing about Texas' music program. Austin is the music capital of Texas, and every band who ever sniffed playing in front of a live audience knows it. This has absoultely nothing to do with the school fight or spirit song, which brings me to...the unoriginal music...most school songs aren't original scores, because they are eleventy three hundred years old. Notice how similar our national anthem sounds to "god save the queen"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT