A&M distances itself from WRTS hashtag

Re: A&M distances itself from WRTS hashtag

Originally posted by mikej042002:

Originally posted by cml7374:

76TEXAS wins 37AtM wins 5 ties.......keep the "fun" facts going aggsyfan
"fun" facts.................

The Hook Em Horns sign was a direct response to the Gig Em Sign

The Hex Rally was a direct response to Bonfire

Texas Fight is a direct response to Farmers Fight and the song is just a sped up version what Ags call Taps, but with different words.

Don't forget "I've been working on the railroad". It's funny that a school who likes to brag about their music program and Austin being the music capital of Texas has virtually no original music.

Hey Mike don't forget about yogi bear is the greatest bear song that aggies love and sway too
Posted from Rivals Mobile

None of you lying aggys would respond.

Tell me more about 15-6 though.
laugh.r191677.gif

so much for any honor code....macks parents stole it and branded it.

Beth Snyder says she only recently found out that somebody with A&M had trademarked the phrase. The informant was a family friend in College Station who was aware of the coach's role in making #WRTS a thing, and was bothered that somebody was trying to profit off her husband's serendipitous creation.

"He says, 'We really need to have a discussion about this!' and he's so serious that I laughed," she says. "And he's like, 'No, seriously! We need to talk!'"

That family friend is a lawyer, she says.

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:

I'm guessing your sock account is bomb.
Not enough hours in the day for all of his posts + all of mine. But lie about something else now, aggy. It's what you people do.

Did aggys let the Mack's have uncontested trademark rights for thier sons commitment? It sure does sound like it to me. Didn't someone with TCU make an accusation about A&M and Daylon's recruitment also? I think I remember something about that. Something fishy is going on...

I'm not one for a conspiracy theory, but this is starting to look a little fishy.

1) Someone at A&M coins #WRST and twitter accounts associated with the university start using the hashtag
2) Daylon Mack's parents trademark the phrase. I'm not going to get into socioeconomic atypical behavior, but suffice it to say, its not every day you see see this type of family trade mark anything, much less a twitter hashtag, which is most definitely very fresh legal ground and beyond the expertise of the average lawyer, much less the average uneducated Joe.

Read into this what you will, but I'm just going to guess that someone gave the Mack family this idea. And mind you, this is before Mack has re-committed to A&M.

3) Patterson's wife pops off about cheating the night before Mack commits to A&M.
4) Suddenly and for seemingly no reason, rather than just paying Mr. Mack for the right to use the hashtag, A&M decides to disassociate itself with the hashtag.

Again, read into this what you will, but this reeks of an under the table way of paying off Mr. Mack, and now that the kid is committed, A&M drops the hastag, and thus, eliminates the possibility of an NCAA investigation.

I say this all with the caveat that no on in the A&M AD may have had a clue what was going on. The idea could have come from someone else, and now A&M is looking to distance itself from the apperance of dishonesty. With that said, its interesting that they waited until after signing day to make this declaration, since this has all been in the works for half a year.

They originally came out with it at 15-7 and have modified it to 14-6.
Believe what you want. Strong didn't want about half of those guys.

And Texas had the consensus better class in any case.

This post was edited on 2/27 3:03 PM by Scholz

"Bomb easily has these poor witless aggys on full tilt with every post."

laugh.r191677.gif
It's not even difficult.

"Believe what you want. Strong didn't want about half of those guys. And Texas had the consensus better class in any case."

Yep. Somehow this is difficult for aggys to understand. Congrats to Sumlin for winning head to head battles for A) guys Strong didn't even pursue or B) players that were offered by Mack.

At the end of the day, Texas had the consensus better class.

Not to mention guys like Elam and Keke were reaching out to Strong at the 11th hour and there wasn't room for them.

"Not to mention guys like Elam and Keke were reaching out to Strong at the 11th hour and there wasn't room for them."

Exactly what I said in the beginning of this thread.

Oh look, just minutes apart Scholz and his sock account posted the same thing back to back with consensus better class.

Meanwhile on this site A&M is 10 and Texas is 12.

Maybe, aggie simply doesn't want to use the WRTS (We Run This State) hashtag because it's embarrassing: TCU and Baylor are clearly better than they are?

"Meanwhile on this site A&M is 10 and Texas is 12."

Are you still running with this? I actually feel bad for you. You might want to check out Scout, 247, composite 247, and ESPN. We've been over this, Rivals has a flawed system. Texas finished with more recruits and a higher player average on Rivals, yet still fell behind A&M. Thanks for proving why Rivals is no longer the industry leader in recruiting.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"Meanwhile on this site A&M is 10 and Texas is 12."

Are you still running with this? I actually feel bad for you. You might want to check out Scout, 247, composite 247, and ESPN. We've been over this, Rivals has a flawed system. Texas finished with more recruits and a higher player average on Rivals, yet still fell behind A&M. Thanks for proving why Rivals is no longer the industry leader in recruiting.
Well, do you want to talk about how A&M has a better composite average than Texas on 247 but they have Texas ahead based on Texas signing more? Not to mention we're on a rivals site....

"Well, do you want to talk about how A&M has a better composite average than Texas on 247 but they have Texas ahead based on Texas signing more?"

When have I denied this? Congrats. Texas had a higher player average on every site except 247. Texas had a higher class ranking on every site except Rivals. But hey, you aggys still think you fielded a better class even though you missed on your 2 most critical needs (LB and CB).

Not to mention we're on a rivals site....

What's your point aggy? I post on multiple sites. 247 and even Scout are now ahead of Rivals in terms of recruiting. Rivals went to crap once Shannon Terry left for 247.

This post was edited on 2/27 3:24 PM by utisdabomb12

Well, the best part about the link I posted is it says we still run the state. Even Scout said we won the state in their piece. So, you can try to spin out of it all you want be we still run this state in recruiting.

"Well, the best part about the link I posted is it says we still run the state. Even Scout said we won the state in their piece. So, you can try to spin out of it all you want be we still run this state in recruiting."

laugh.r191677.gif

Team rankings don't lie. Charlie already running the state in his first year.

Rivals Texas
247 Texas
ESPN Texas

Meanwhile on this site A&M is 10 and Texas is 12.
And if 247 was the 1 of 4 sites giving you lessers the advantage, you'd be touting that one. Everyone knows this.

We had the better class. Sorry you have to cling to this and the dishonest H2H metric to make you feel better since perceived (not real) recruiting victories are ALL, and I mean ALL you have.
laugh.r191677.gif

Another "fun" fact....TEXAS has FEMALE cheerleaders.,..AtM has MEN grabbing their nuts.

Another "fun" fact....TEXAS has FEMALE cheerleaders.,..AtM has MEN grabbing their nuts.

Originally posted by FactFinder989:
Actually it seems as though tamu is trying to keep from using someone else's trademark. And some arbitrary class ranking is hardly the reason why Tamu has distanced itself from #WRTS. Beating Strong head to head for in state recruits speaks for itself. You can grab a few kids from florida, and help your ranking overall. However, I'm not sure what that has to do with this state. Face it, more kids with Texas offers chose A&M, than did not.

Do you ever talk about OU? You know, your "real" rival. Or any of the dwarfs in the big 12? Just wondering.

27-25
Posted from Rivals Mobile

TexasAggiesFan posted on 2/27/2015...
Well, the best part about the link I posted is it says we still run the state. Even Scout said we won the state in their piece. So, you can try to spin out of it all you want be we still run this state in recruiting.

Baghdad Texasaggyfreak....hahaha...we run the state!...we are important!...we really are...hahaha...we are good....just ask us and you will see we are a powerhouse..hahahaha....we are the most high and awesome college sports program ever!!....listen listen listen....hahahahaha.

aggy jokes do write themselves...they are little (special) brother and every college fan in the country knows it. When the Nation thinks of Football in Texas..who the hell do you aggys think they think of? THE Texas Longhorns!!! They make fun of aggy....when you ran to the secsecsec they knew why...to get out from the shadow of TEXAS!! Instead of forging your own paths and becoming a blueblood program you ran!! YOU RAN!!!

True TEXANS dont run!!!! We take our honor from the throats of our foes. Not on the backs of other teams in a conference that you cant hold their jocks!!

When bama or fla or aub wins a title you dont get to put it on your stadium!! Fools. You are just a W in their win loss column.

aggy is a special kind of stupid....a stupid fool who thinks he is wise is the worst kind.

This post was edited on 2/27 8:17 PM by swVAHorn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT