ADVERTISEMENT

A&M to sign Fisher to Extension and Raise

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
The last line of this excerpt is gold. Fisher better sign this because once OU and Texas get there the extensions for him will cease

Exact numbers have not been disclosed, but Fisher potentially might trail only mentor Nick Saban of Alabama (recently raised to an average of $10.6 million through 2028 season) when the ink dries in College Station.

Fisher, 55, is 26-10 from 2018-2020 at A&M. The Aggies are ranked No. 6 in the preseason AP poll and kick off their fourth season under Fisher at 7 p.m. Saturday against Kent State at Kyle Field. Alabama’s trustees earlier this month approved a raise and extension for Saban, who turns 70 on Halloween.

When A&M lured Fisher from FSU with a 10-year deal in December 2017 worth a guaranteed $75 million, A&M chancellor John Sharp was asked if he had any concern about signing Fisher to such a long-term contract.

“Yes,” Sharp told the Houston Chronicle. “We couldn’t get him to agree to a 15-year deal, so this is the best we got.”

Saw this on SECRant:

ETA:
Tom Herman at Texas (4 Years):
- Record: 32-18
- Bowl Record: 4-0
- NY6 Bowl Record: 1-0
- Top 25 finishes: 3
- Top 10 finishes: 1

Jimbob Fisher at Texas Jr (3 Years)
- Record: 26-10
- Bowl Record: 3-0
- NY6 Bowl Record: 1-0
- Top 25 finishes: 2
- Top 10 finishes: 1

Garbage for Texas is glory for Aggie
IconLOL.gif

fricking losers…

Iconrotflmao.gif

Rumor has it that when LSU fires Orgeron, which will probably be after this year, or next year, that they will go after Fisher or Napier from ULL. Scott Woodward, who is the AD as LSU, was the AD at aggy when he hired Fisher. Just something to think about. No way Jimbo turns down an offer from LSU if it's offered. The meltdown at aggy would be epic, lol.

I would imagine Jimbob loves College Station.

He doesn’t have to worry about his players slamming his woman if they’re slamming each other lmaoooooo
IconLOL.gif
IconScared.gif

oqQ6whT.gif

Rumor has it that when LSU fires Orgeron, which will probably be after this year, or next year, that they will go after Fisher or Napier from ULL. Scott Woodward, who is the AD as LSU, was the AD at aggy when he hired Fisher. Just something to think about. No way Jimbo turns down an offer from LSU if it's offered. The meltdown at aggy would be epic, lol.
Apparently the extension doesn't contain buyout language either. You'd think Aggie would be a little hesitant about those gentleman's agreements these days

Let's compare the loses.
Jimbo
Alabama (3)
Clemson (2)
Georgia (1)
LSU (1)
Auburn (2)
Mississippi St (1)

Herman
Okie (4)
TCU (3)
Okie State (2)
Maryland (2)
Iowa State (2)
USC
LSU
TX Tech
West Virginia
Baylor

One seems way worse to me than the other.

Let's compare the loses.
Jimbo
Alabama (3)
Clemson (2)
Georgia (1)
LSU (1)
Auburn (2)
Mississippi St (1)

Herman
Okie (4)
TCU (3)
Okie State (2)
Maryland (2)
Iowa State (2)
USC
LSU
TX Tech
West Virginia
Baylor

But why the extension? Because Jimbo has better losses? I wouldn't put too much stock in a covid riddled 2020. Jimbo has to win the SEC this year or his chances severely decline. He's got a new qb also

But why the extension? Because Jimbo has better losses? I wouldn't put too much stock in a covid riddled 2020. Jimbo has to win the SEC this year or his chances severely decline. He's got a new qb also
I hope this is the year, but not sure why it has to be. Recruiting has been really good every year under Jimbo. And 2022 has a really good chance of being his best class at A&M. I doubt we get over the Bama hump this year, but I doubt anybody does.

We are in pretty good shape now as compared to years in the past, and as compared to many other teams right now. I believe that LSU could be tempting, but he has turned them down before. Just saying. No one knows if or when these extensions are appropriate. I think we have confidence in Jimbo and want to lock him up. Not many other coaches nationally with his resume either. Why do OU fans care? They have the greatest coach in the country right?

Jimbo isn't going anywhere now that he gets 9 million a year. There are no other schools willing to pay that much that doesn't already have their coach. He's locked up, the question is if he will bring the championships. He's capable, but I think he will need to eventually change his philosophy. Will he ever be able to outscore good offenses like Bama, the 2020 LSU team, Clemson, tOSU that can also play defense? That's the hurdle he needs to clear. He's been blown out by good teams and never really made it a game because his offense can't keep up. He's great against average teams and beats the teams he should.

We are in pretty good shape now as compared to years in the past, and as compared to many other teams right now. I believe that LSU could be tempting, but he has turned them down before. Just saying. No one knows if or when these extensions are appropriate. I think we have confidence in Jimbo and want to lock him up. Not many other coaches nationally with his resume either. Why do OU fans care? They have the greatest coach in the country right?
I would say we have the best OC in the country but not best Head Coach

Jimbo isn't going anywhere now that he gets 9 million a year. There are no other schools willing to pay that much that doesn't already have their coach. He's locked up, the question is if he will bring the championships. He's capable, but I think he will need to eventually change his philosophy. Will he ever be able to outscore good offenses like Bama, the 2020 LSU team, Clemson, tOSU that can also play defense? That's the hurdle he needs to clear. He's been blown out by good teams and never really made it a game because his offense can't keep up. He's great against average teams and beats the teams he should.
I think it's a good move on their part. We're living in a different world today. I think he is a very good coach and an excellent recruiter. Three years ago when he was hired, $7.5M was a big number. Today, not so much; if I remember correctly, 5 or more coaches make more than that now. In another three years, I would expect a similar scenario. If Sark delivers as we all hope/expect, I would bet he's north of $9M at that time.

Let's compare the loses.
Jimbo
Alabama (3)
Clemson (2)
Georgia (1)
LSU (1)
Auburn (2)
Mississippi St (1)

Herman
Okie (4)
TCU (3)
Okie State (2)
Maryland (2)
Iowa State (2)
USC
LSU
TX Tech
West Virginia
Baylor

proof positive that aggy score cards have THREE colums on their score sheets....Wins...losses...quality losses

oh....and by the way....aTm did not lure Fisher from FSU. He was at the time unemployed, having quit FSU during his last season there.....He flat out walked out on his team with games to be played... Come to think of it, FSU might have thought THAT was a quality loss...

Reactions: LonghornMM
Let's compare the loses.
Jimbo
Alabama (3)
Clemson (2)
Georgia (1)
LSU (1)
Auburn (2)
Mississippi St (1)

Herman
Okie (4)
TCU (3)
Okie State (2)
Maryland (2)
Iowa State (2)
USC
LSU
TX Tech
West Virginia
Baylor

It doesn't matter man. If you're a Vandy football fan...you having fun because you get to lose to Bama, Florida, Georgia, etc.?

You win or lose games.

Reactions: WRLHookem
We shouldn't write off Jimbo just yet it's only his 4th year. But if, and it's a very big if, the aggies lose to CO I will laugh my head off.

Reactions: westx
We have to stop focusing on them. We have to focus on OUR product.

The day is coming when we will have to face them. If we continue with the jokes and the name calling etc-- and they end up whipping our ass the first time we play them, we won't hear the end of it in our lifetimes.

Remember the field goal that beat them a decade ago? That's going to be memory holed if we lose our first contest against them.

If A&M offered an extension with no buyout language they are bigger morons than we all think

We shouldn't write off Jimbo just yet it's only his 4th year. But if, and it's a very big if, the aggies lose to CO I will laugh my head off.
CO is really bad. Aggie won’t lose to them. But one can only hope. I for one will be swishing my golden Buffalo Pom Pom.

aggy is like the annoying gnat that won't go away. Never, ever, ever feel sorry for aggy, no matter how bad they are and how many games that they lose. They will be the first to get in your face and gloat when/if they ever win something of significance. There is nothing like misplaced aggy arrogance. I lived it in the late 80's and 90's when they were winning/cheating. I'll never forget it, nor will I ever root for that tribe no matter who they play. Also, both of my nephews played football at a&m (safety and QB). Because they were family I tried rooting for a&m when they played there. That lasted about a game or two. I just couldn't do it. I love 'em, but they know where my loyalty resides and there are no hard feelings on either side.

I lost many aggie friends (lunatics) over 27-25.
Probably one of the best things that ever
happened to you. I'll never forget Craig Way's classic call:

"Justin Tucker's kick is goooooddd and one last time the Texas Longhorns have broken the hearts of the aggies"

aggy is like the annoying gnat that won't go away. Never, ever, ever feel sorry for aggy, no matter how bad they are and how many games that they lose. They will be the first to get in your face and gloat when/if they ever win something of significance. There is nothing like misplaced aggy arrogance. I lived it in the late 80's and 90's when they were winning/cheating. I'll never forget it, nor will I ever root for that tribe no matter who they play. Also, both of my nephews played football at a&m (saftey and QB). Because they were family, I tried rooting for a&m when they played there. That lasted about a game or two. I just couldn't do it. I love 'em, but they know where my loyalty resides and there are no hard feelings on either side.
I was at memorial stadium in '92 on thanksgiving night. They blew us out and they went all SEC and danced on bevo at the end at the end of the game. I was hoping that one day we'll get even with those frs and make them pay.

And that's just what we did in '95. In the last SWC game we beat them for the title. I never saw a TX team so classless in in victory. But they deserved it so much. I was never as proud of a TX team for the way they acted after a victory.

I look forward to singing poooorr aggies after our next victory. No aggie joke no matter how offensive gets under their skin more than poor aggies.

i guess we will just wait and see. Maybe you guys will start recruiting the trenches and become competitive. It should happen eventually.

ADVERTISEMENT