ADVERTISEMENT

aggie$ paying again?

EyesOnTexas

Jan 23, 2016
Why so much interest from top HS players with no results? I don't get it! $ec?????? $omething don't add up! Opinions???

what aggy doesnt get is that the secsecsec is in fact a conference that is far,far away from Texas. The games are at a distance that is out of reach for most people. Besides...when you talk about no results, aTm is at the top of the list.I dont mind other teams fans coming on here talking smack and debating sports, but Trolls coming on here with no purpose other than trolling become boring.

I came back and apologized about transfer info I was so sure because Zack was saying it to a player I know. Guess kids change their mind sometimes. Learned my lesson. My post was wondering why so many kids list aggie as a possible place to go. What's the draw ? It's gotta be money. No troll here I bleed orange and alway have and will. If someone can't make a mistake and offer an apology please excuse me.

I came back and apologized about transfer info I was so sure because Zack was saying it to a player I know. Guess kids change their mind sometimes. Learned my lesson. My post was wondering why so many kids list aggie as a possible place to go. What's the draw ? It's gotta be money. No troll here I bleed orange and alway have and will. If someone can't make a mistake and offer an apology please excuse me.

Accusing a school of paying for good recruits is very aggieish of you. This is exactly what the Ags are saying about us right now.

They aren't exactly having a stellar recruiting year if you haven't noticed. The draw for many kids is that they grew up in families and in communities that support TAMU. The aggies have world class facilities including locker room (better than ours until we finish upgrading this summer) and recent upgrades to stadium. They also have a passionate (if not clinically insane) fan base. They have also had more recent on field and NFL success than Texas.

What will hold them back, and hopefully cause their class to crater, is another sub-par middle of the pack SEC season and the firing of their head coach. If Sumlin stumbles and Herman puts together a big season, the state will completely flip back to the horns.

Reactions: hookem3434
as I said in my first post on this aggy trolls thread....what interest? aTm is drawing so little interest that I didnt know they were still recruiting. At that,,,,if I think they are drawing so little interest now, wait until the season when they start stinking up the place. What few recruits they do have will leave in droves.

So you're saying no one on here thinks the $EC is lax about recruiting rules???? I've seen so many posts about the same thing just different schools it has been referred to as the $oEveryoneCheats conference. I find it quite coincidental the ags join the $ec and recruiting mysteriously takes off even before the facility improvements. I guess you forgot the Jackie Sherrill days the last time they had this kind of money getting thrown around. No sir no reason to believe they would resort to that huh? I'm asking opinions because they have a history of it . They are saying it because they are aggy.

When aggie went to the SEC that was all kids needed. They had a flashy coach, who was selling a flashy product in a really good conference. Couple that with the rabid fan base, getting to stay in your home state...it was a no brainer that they would have an uptick in recruiting, but now that has leveled off due to the lack of on field success.

So you're saying no one on here thinks the $EC is lax about recruiting rules???? I've seen so many posts about the same thing just different schools it has been referred to as the $oEveryoneCheats conference. I find it quite coincidental the ags join the $ec and recruiting mysteriously takes off even before the facility improvements. I guess you forgot the Jackie Sherrill days the last time they had this kind of money getting thrown around. No sir no reason to believe they would resort to that huh? I'm asking opinions because they have a history of it . They are saying it because they are aggy.

People throw baseless accusations at us and I'm not a fan of that. I don't think we should turn around and throw those same accusations back at them.

If you look and read and comprehend the original post it was a question asking for opinions.

Bottom line: right now we have better facilities than you and play in a better conference than you. I'm sure your facilities will again be top-notch soon, but the conference situation won't change. That being said, if our mediocrity continues, we will continue to lose ground to you all and every other team in the state. Also, of course, when you guys get back to 10+ wins a year, which will happen at some point, we will be relegated further.

Yes, the $EC is better than the Big 12, but playing in that conference doesn't make a&m good by association. aggy is getting raped in football, just like they did in the Big 12 when it was good. aggy needs to have some perspective about themselves. 8-5 is the norm for them, and always will be. On occasion, they will have an above average year like when they caught lightning in a bottle with Manziel, but that is very rare. a&m is the definition of mediocrity and irrelevance.

Bottom line: right now we have better facilities than you and play in a better conference than you. I'm sure your facilities will again be top-notch soon, but the conference situation won't change. That being said, if our mediocrity continues, we will continue to lose ground to you all and every other team in the state. Also, of course, when you guys get back to 10+ wins a year, which will happen at some point, we will be relegated further.
This is a well thought out post that takes off the maroon glasses and actually looks at things objectively, congrats!

So Longhorn MM says $ec is better than Big 12 but that's not referring to a pay for play conference? Then why the dollar sign? Hugh Freeze accused of paying isn't that being aggieish as Bwilk55 said of me earlier throwing baseless accusations at someone? Funny the different reactions depending on who writes the post even though they refer to basically the same question for opinions as I originally posted and got roasted as a troll for asking.

Breaking news Hugh Freeze resigns effective immediately. This is about to explode.

4a2275adee90a45ecf2ddeedee26d47e1de6c9d33bbbde81c50bcb484beb4e34.jpg

Reactions: RoboCocks21
A&M has backed themselves into a can't-win situation. They're short-sightedness and inability to get Texas off their mind has doomed them to Arkansas status. The ironic part of it is beautiful when you think about it. The Big 12 was a perfect set up for the Texas Big schools. The Big 12 gave the Texas schools the exposure they needed to recruit at a high level, play on the national stage in high profile games but not saturate the inherit advantages that come with being a major university in the state of Texas.

The fact that Texas reaped the benefits of that association first was just too much for those goobers to handle. And the best part is they threw it all away only a year or two before they would probably have cashed in with a shot at a national championship.

The Big 12 may or may not survive, Texas will decide that in 2022. But either way they will land in a good spot.

Aggie gonna Aggie though and it cracks me up

So Longhorn MM says $ec is better than Big 12 but that's not referring to a pay for play conference? Then why the dollar sign? Hugh Freeze accused of paying isn't that being aggieish as Bwilk55 said of me earlier throwing baseless accusations at someone? Funny the different reactions depending on who writes the post even though they refer to basically the same question for opinions as I originally posted and got roasted as a troll for asking.

If you don't get why people refer to the $EC this way, then you don't really follow college sports.

Why so much interest from top HS players with no results? I don't get it! $ec?????? $omething don't add up! Opinions???

ok, lets go back to the OP in this thread.You say you are not a troll, but this post looks,walks and acts exactly like a troll post. It smacks of aggy thinking. For starters.....what interest from top recruits is aggy getting?....what top recruits? ...."so much interest?"....what is that?
aggy is poised on the brink of collapse with the coaching staff fired for yet another crappy season. Not as crappy as our last 3 years, but given their schedule of gimme wins, pretty crappy.

This!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT