ADVERTISEMENT

aggsy gangbang!

Other than from a financial standpoint, the move to the $EC has not gone well for you guys.
So I got to thinking about this. And if you ignore the other sports besides basketball, we've been competitive and won conference championships in several. But if you look at football alone, WHO has had a good run in the SEC since we joined? These are the schools, and their conference championships since 2012. Lots of goose eggs on that board.

Alabama - 5
Georgia - 1
Auburn - 1
Florida - 0
Missouri - 0
LSU - 0
Kentucky - 0
Mississippi State - 0
Ole Miss - 0
South Carolina - 0
Texas A&M - 0
Vanderbilt - 0

Reactions: LonghornMM
So I got to thinking about this. And if you ignore the other sports besides basketball, we've been competitive and won conference championships in several. But if you look at football alone, WHO has had a good run in the SEC since we joined? These are the schools, and their conference championships since 2012. Lots of goose eggs on that board.

Alabama - 5
Georgia - 1
Auburn - 1
Florida - 0
Missouri - 0
LSU - 0
Kentucky - 0
Mississippi State - 0
Ole Miss - 0
South Carolina - 0
Texas A&M - 0
Vanderbilt - 0
Well hell! That ought to make you feel better!

Alabama - 5
Georgia - 1
Auburn - 1
Florida - 0
Missouri - 0
LSU - 0
Kentucky - 0
Mississippi State - 0
Ole Miss - 0
South Carolina - 0
Texas A&M - 0
Vanderbilt - 0

I should have clarified that I was really talking about football. You made my point.^

I should have clarified that I was really talking about football. You made my point.^
League has been run by Bama and Georgia since we arrived. Doesnt mean its a bad deal for the remaining schools though. Looks a lot like the B12 in the same period.

League has been run by Bama and Georgia since we arrived. Doesnt mean its a bad deal for the remaining schools though. Looks a lot like the B12 in the same period.

Agreed. You forgot to mention LSU and Auburn too. What should be concerning to you guys is that you don't turn into an Arkansas, who has never come close to sniffing any kind of title in football in the $EC.

Agreed. You forgot to mention LSU and Auburn too.
One conference title between them since we arrived. Not sugar coating, we aren’t very good. But I don’t think you are going to find many who wish we didn’t make the move.

One conference title between them since we arrived. Not sugar coating, we aren’t very good. But I don’t think you are going to find many who wish we didn’t make the move.
Oh there's some buyers remorse. Trust me. Now it will never be admitted in public, but deep down inside, in the dark recesses of aggy hearts, there's buyers remorse.

Oh there's some buyers remorse. Trust me. Now it will never be admitted in public, but deep down inside, in the dark recesses of aggy hearts, there's buyers remorse.
Not me. I am not delusional enough to think we'll ever dominate the SECW. But I enjoy the games a lot. I still have hope Jimbo will have us competitive and winning 9+ most years soon. I was sick of the BIG12 and have enjoyed the change. We have a lot more ability to get players outside of Texas in the SEC. Not necessary for offensive players, but I think it is a big deal on defensive.

Reactions: oldschoolcat
Not me. I am not delusional enough to think we'll ever dominate the SECW. But I enjoy the games a lot. I still have hope Jimbo will have us competitive and winning 9+ most years soon. I was sick of the BIG12 and have enjoyed the change. We have a lot more ability to get players outside of Texas in the SEC. Not necessary for offensive players, but I think it is a big deal on defensive.
You have had almost 10 years in the SEC. I have seen enough to know that the Aggies will be lucky to have a 10 win season maybe once every 10 years.

Maybe with the olds... Not anyone I know though.

They will prolly get 10 wins next year with a cupcake schedule. Remind me Felicia, why are you over here when you want so bad to be rid of us?

ADVERTISEMENT