ALternate helmet design

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005

madcow12

Jan 13, 2010
Teams with no traditions use gadgets
we do not need to use gadgets. There is not a thing wrong with our uniforms.

Falko

Jan 6, 2012
That has to be a joke right? The designer for these is from Oklahoma I believe.

Blue blood programs don't change or use alternate uniforms.

Scholz

Jul 22, 2005
Originally posted by Falko:

Blue blood programs don't change or use alternate uniforms.
Exactly, leave that stuff to the wanabees like the aggys.

HolyDirkness41

Jan 21, 2015
Times change, the smart change w them. Flashy jerseys appeal to recruits. If wearing a different jersey once a year helps get recruits who cares.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Originally posted by HolyDirkness41:
Times change, the smart change w them. Flashy jerseys appeal to recruits. If wearing a different jersey once a year helps get recruits who cares.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Well, I guess we will be dumb then! You go buy you a set and wear them watching football...

Hook'em

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
Don't care for it for UT. I do like the fact that Notre Dame uses the green jersey for special games (tradition). Other than something similar to that no thanks. The helmets they have now are Texas! Although recruits may go to the cool looking uniform school just for that .I'd rather win and get the recruits that want to play for a winner not a cool design.

freeper

Jan 6, 2005
Dear God no....I agree with the poster who said it looks like something out of the Tijuana League. For those of you saying that flash attracts recruits, perhaps some, but probably not the kind Charlie Strong is after. Flash attracts recruits? Damn I must've missed those flashy new Alabama uniforms...Saban seems to do ok recruiting with what he's got...

txleapd

Sep 19, 2005
God's Country
Originally posted by madcow12:

Teams with no traditions use gadgets
we do not need to use gadgets. There is not a thing wrong with our uniforms.
This. Tradition means something to those who have it.

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

Saw this story about some guy designing an alternate helmet for Texas and a few other teams.... I have to say, I don't hate it.... and some of the redesigns for other teams look good too..... even like the ou one...., but traditionally I still go with the classic White with burnt orange Horn sticker on the sides..
I thought it was kinda cool.. but like I said here.. I still prefer the classic.

Longhorn Crazy

Jan 8, 2003
The Horns easily have the most iconic helmet in all of football. Leave the freak show to the TT's of the world.

Deweygolfer

Nov 29, 2007
Allen, TX
I think it looks pretty cool as does the OU one. I don't mind the change for one game so long as it is not an every other game type of deal.

Longhorn Crazy

Jan 8, 2003
The blowu helmet is terrible but so is the current one. It's impossible to have a cool helmet when a program has to spell out who they are. There is zero difference between Indiana's helmet/unis and blowu's. Indiana's logo looks like a stick man and blowu's is just one big ass paper clip. Horrendous.....

Deweygolfer

Nov 29, 2007
Allen, TX
Originally posted by Longhorn Crazy:
The blowu helmet is terrible but so is the current one. It's impossible to have a cool helmet when a program has to spell out who they are. There is zero difference between Indiana's helmet/unis and blowu's. Indiana's logo looks like a stick man and blowu's is just one big ass paper clip. Horrendous.....
Thank you.

Fizzwilly

Feb 22, 2011
Dripping with envy as usual. No doubt an OU football player pumped his wife or girlfriend.

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Honestly the orange helmet is too gaudy. I would like to see the same design but with the colors swapped. White helmet, orange longhorn.

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
Originally posted by Fizzwilly:

Dripping with envy as usual. No doubt an OU football player pumped his wife or girlfriend.
No real rebuttal, just an insult towards the poster...... so I take it you agree about the design of the ou helmet since you didn't have anything to say about what he said about the actual design...

Scholz

Jul 22, 2005

No doubt an OU football player punched, kidnapped, threw down stairs, attempted to rape, threatened to murder or otherwise assaulted his wife or girlfriend.
Fixed.

Fizzwilly

Feb 22, 2011
Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

No real rebuttal, just an insult towards the poster...... so I take it you agree about the design of the ou helmet since you didn't have anything to say about what he said about the actual design...
LS, I thought the OU helmet and the Longhorn helmets were pretty cool for an alternate a couple of times a year. I am pretty much a traditionalist so I like the Originals.

Fizzwilly

Feb 22, 2011
Originally posted by Scholz:

No doubt an OU football player punched, kidnapped, threw down stairs, attempted to rape, threatened to murder or otherwise assaulted his wife or girlfriend.
Fixed.
Scholz, Then there is actual rape. How are your boys doing in Huntsville? What happens to guys on the 40 acres? Is it in the water? You guys obviously recruit pious young gentlemen.

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007

Originally posted by Scholz:

Fixed.
Scholz, Then there is actual rape. How are your boys doing in Huntsville? What happens to guys on the 40 acres? Is it in the water? You guys obviously recruit pious young gentlemen.
They are getting served coffee and having their beds made by your OU guys!

Hook'em

Scholz

Jul 22, 2005

Scholz, Then there is actual rape. How are your boys doing in Huntsville?
Don't know. Unlike you guys, we don't keep criminals on our team.

blh111

Apr 19, 2002

He didn't attack you, why attack him? And how do you KEEP getting away with those type of comments, even when you haven't been provoked?

Fizzwilly

Feb 22, 2011
BLH, LC and I have a long going joust, don't let it worry you. We can handle it. He hates OU and I think he is a putz, all is well.

HornsUp128

May 16, 2014
Can you guys not have a simple discussion without getting into rape/abuse allegations from either school? I mean seriously. This thread is about freaking helmet designs. Stay on topic or take your pissing contest to emails.

blh111

Apr 19, 2002
BLH, LC and I have a long going joust, don't let it worry you. We can handle it. He hates OU and I think he is a putz, all is well.
It's not a worry fella, but you do it all the time and not just with him. Yet if anyone responds to your constant degrading of Texas fans, then there is an issue. I'm just wondering how you get away with it.

jsto60

Sep 3, 2005
Good grief fizzy. Everytime you go to that Huntsville take......you lose. Because people point out the obvious. You know that UT kicks criminals off the team. OU recruits them or gives them RS years as punishment. You should be embarrassed by your defense of your prison squad. And even more embarrassed that you keep repeating the same pointless punch line.