ADVERTISEMENT

ALternate helmet design

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
Teams with no traditions use gadgets
wink.r191677.gif
we do not need to use gadgets. There is not a thing wrong with our uniforms.

That has to be a joke right? The designer for these is from Oklahoma I believe.

Blue blood programs don't change or use alternate uniforms.

Originally posted by Falko:

Blue blood programs don't change or use alternate uniforms.
Exactly, leave that stuff to the wanabees like the aggys.

Times change, the smart change w them. Flashy jerseys appeal to recruits. If wearing a different jersey once a year helps get recruits who cares.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by HolyDirkness41:
Times change, the smart change w them. Flashy jerseys appeal to recruits. If wearing a different jersey once a year helps get recruits who cares.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Well, I guess we will be dumb then! You go buy you a set and wear them watching football...

Hook'em

Don't care for it for UT. I do like the fact that Notre Dame uses the green jersey for special games (tradition). Other than something similar to that no thanks. The helmets they have now are Texas! Although recruits may go to the cool looking uniform school just for that .I'd rather win and get the recruits that want to play for a winner not a cool design.

Dear God no....I agree with the poster who said it looks like something out of the Tijuana League. For those of you saying that flash attracts recruits, perhaps some, but probably not the kind Charlie Strong is after. Flash attracts recruits? Damn I must've missed those flashy new Alabama uniforms...Saban seems to do ok recruiting with what he's got...

Originally posted by madcow12:

Teams with no traditions use gadgets
wink.r191677.gif
we do not need to use gadgets. There is not a thing wrong with our uniforms.
This. Tradition means something to those who have it.

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

Saw this story about some guy designing an alternate helmet for Texas and a few other teams.... I have to say, I don't hate it.... and some of the redesigns for other teams look good too..... even like the ou one...., but traditionally I still go with the classic White with burnt orange Horn sticker on the sides..

I thought it was kinda cool.. but like I said here.. I still prefer the classic.

The Horns easily have the most iconic helmet in all of football. Leave the freak show to the TT's of the world.

I think it looks pretty cool as does the OU one. I don't mind the change for one game so long as it is not an every other game type of deal.

The blowu helmet is terrible but so is the current one. It's impossible to have a cool helmet when a program has to spell out who they are. There is zero difference between Indiana's helmet/unis and blowu's. Indiana's logo looks like a stick man and blowu's is just one big ass paper clip. Horrendous.....

Originally posted by Longhorn Crazy:
The blowu helmet is terrible but so is the current one. It's impossible to have a cool helmet when a program has to spell out who they are. There is zero difference between Indiana's helmet/unis and blowu's. Indiana's logo looks like a stick man and blowu's is just one big ass paper clip. Horrendous.....
Thank you.
schooner.r191677.gif

Dripping with envy as usual. No doubt an OU football player pumped his wife or girlfriend.

Honestly the orange helmet is too gaudy. I would like to see the same design but with the colors swapped. White helmet, orange longhorn.

Originally posted by Fizzwilly:

Dripping with envy as usual. No doubt an OU football player pumped his wife or girlfriend.

No real rebuttal, just an insult towards the poster...... so I take it you agree about the design of the ou helmet since you didn't have anything to say about what he said about the actual design...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT