ADVERTISEMENT

An early look at this year's schedule

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Did anyone see the article the other day that showed that Texas will play the toughest non con schedule in the the Big XII this year? We start off with Maryland and lets face it we should win this game. But MD is from the little ten and ESPN college fb is dominated by little ten and SEC guys so if we win this one their talking heads will almost surely give us more credit than we deserve. Hey, do you remember how they reacted after we beat Notre Dame in our season opener? Then comes San Jose State and we should win this one as well. Then comes the one game that I'm certain we won't win and that's at Southern Cal. Then we have our one bye week. And after that it's on to October.

And now comes the part where we will see what kind of coach we have. On September 28th we have a Thursday night game at ISU. Our last two trips there were not pleasant and I hope Tom Herman uses this game to let people know there's a new sheriff in Austin, Texas and things are about to change. Which brings us to the meat of the schedule, the part where we separate the men from the boys. In order it's KSU in Austin, RRR, and OSU in Austin. Since 2010 we've gone 2/5 against each school. If there's one good thing about this critical schedule is that it's two games in Austin, and one in Dallas. When December rolls around maybe we can look at our schedule and say that it broke right for us.

We finish October at Baylor. The thing I look at when it comes to this game is that Baylor could replace a&m as our most intense in state rivalry. Let me explain. Over the last 6 years were 3/3 against them. The three games they won were all by at least 20 points. Our three wins were by 5, 6, and 1. And then the rape scandal broke and all of Baylor's top recruits were released from their loi. And to rub salt in the wound 4 of them signed with Texas. Finally we have the Tom Herman/Matt Ruhle connection. Both guys came from the same conference, their teams played in the conference title game two years ago. Lastly they're only a few months apart in age, and both are married with three children. This should be an intense, bitterly fought game this year second only to OK.

Now it's Nov. Dear Tom Herman please go out there and straighten this TCU bs from the last few years. We need to do the same thing the following week against KS. Finally we conclude with a last season game at WV (sure hope the weather isn't bad). We finish it off against TT in Austin on the day after Thanksgiving. If our team plays like I hope they will, if TT is as bad as I think they will be then this should be Coach bro's last game.

Thoughts?
Hope this isn't a little bit long winded for some of you.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the article the other day that showed that Texas will play the toughest non con schedule in the the Big XII this year?... Then comes the one game that I'm certain we won't win and that's at Southern Cal.
Yes, saw that.
No, we will win that one. Remember, we now have a coach who has never lost to a Top 25 team; therefore he will never lose to one. No way. Can't happen.

I hope Tom Herman uses this game to let people know there's a new sheriff in Austin, Texas and things are about to change.
Yes, sir - my thought exactly.

The thing I look at when it comes to this game is that Baylor could replace a&m as our most intense in state rivalry.
I'm glad you said, "could replace." I'd rather see them expelled from the conference and given a double-death penalty. At the least I'd prefer they swirl back down to the sewer level where they were before Fart Biles came along.

Now it's Nov. Dear, Tom Herman please go out there and straighten this TCU bs from the last few years.
Amen. My wife and F-in-L are Frog grads, so I root and cheer for them in every game save one. We need to own them once more.

Hope this isn't a little bit long winded for some of you.
Good stuff, cali!

As despicable as what happened at Baylor was, and as certain as I am that more will be revealed, I don't want to see anyone get the death penalty. I just don't. And from what I've observed in Waco, Matt Ruhle may turn out to be a solid coach. Time will tell.

My boss is a USC grad. We have to win that game!
By any chance, is this your boss?

rosebowl-cheerleader.jpg

Reactions: westx and Bwilk55
By any chance, is this your boss?

rosebowl-cheerleader.jpg

At SC they're called the song girls. There are some things in college that never change and one of those is that the SC song girls are always the most beautiful cheerleaders. UT is second and there is no sin in being second to the song girls.

That means that on 9/16/17 you will see a game between college fb's most beautiful cheerleaders.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Florida...... LSU.......Texas......FL st.....

With USC at numero uno, this is the rest of your top 5.

I guess when BayLOL is playing crapholes like Northwestern State its easy to have the toughest non conference schedule in the big 12-2

I guess when BayLOL is playing crapholes like Northwestern State its easy to have the toughest non conference schedule in the big 12-2

Dyk that when Baylor plays Duke this year it will be their first non con game against a P5 school since 2009?

Preseason rankings mean nothing but 5 of our opponents are top 25 with 3 being top 10. Great potential to move up from 23 if they are overrated but just as great potential to continue bleeding if they aren't.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I think clob is talking about "talent". The only other ones that I might throw in that group would be Arizona State and Ole Miss.
I'll give you AZ st.... Ole miss is weird though. I went to the Grove one year for a game and the talent was unreal..... the cheerleaders were nice and all, but the talent in the stands eclipsed the talent on the sidelines..... chicks and their priorities........ am I right?

That's a formidable schedule, for sure. Hopefully other Big Twelve teams will start to schedule at least one marquee name team in their OOC schedule.

That's a formidable schedule, for sure. Hopefully other Big Twelve teams will start to schedule at least one marquee name team in their OOC schedule.

I checked out OUs future schedule and it is not bad. Seems like they are going with a big name game (UCLA, Tenn, OSU, LSU, Michigan, Neb) and 2 soft G5 schools each year. They certainly get props for the 1 big game and no FCS schools (other than north dakota which is the best of FCS).

Texas takes a similar approach. 1 marquee matchup (USC, Michigan, LSU, OSU) with 2 other P5/G5 matchups as well.

I think it is a good model for the Big12. Other schools don't have to schedule such high profile opponents but 1 P5 team and 2 G5 teams seems reasonable. No FCS garbage games (Baylor). Though, Baylor does pick it up starting in 2020.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/oklahoma-sooners.php
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/texas-longhorns.php
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/baylor-bears.php

I checked out OUs future schedule and it is not bad. Seems like they are going with a big name game (UCLA, Tenn, OSU, LSU, Michigan, Neb) and 2 soft G5 schools each year. They certainly get props for the 1 big game and no FCS schools (other than north dakota which is the best of FCS).

Texas takes a similar approach. 1 marquee matchup (USC, Michigan, LSU, OSU) with 2 other P5/G5 matchups as well.

I think it is a good model for the Big12. Other schools don't have to schedule such high profile opponents but 1 P5 team and 2 G5 teams seems reasonable. No FCS garbage games (Baylor). Though, Baylor does pick it up starting in 2020.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/oklahoma-sooners.php
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/texas-longhorns.php
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/baylor-bears.php

Here is a list I have of the P5 schools the Big XII is playing in non con games this year. Everyone but KS is playing at least one.

KSU at Vandy
IA at ISU
WV at VA Tech
OSU at Pitt
OK at tOSU
AZ at TT
TCU at AR
Baylor at Duke
MD at Texas
Texas at SC

You're rigth about how OK does their non con schedule but they put in someone like the buckeyes so I have no problem with them. Were doing it to. It seems like a lot of our non con games are on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT