ADVERTISEMENT

An update on the situation involving hornsfan65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not highly knowledgeable when it comes to military research though, so it's possible I missed something. A guy like echeese would be for more capable of doing that research.

As an aside, well done on the research, Anwar. Seriously, I know you have far better things to do than track down details on this joker. If they ever make a Law & Order: Special Longhorn Unit, you're a shoo-in to be cast.
I have my suit ready
Miami-Vice-0.jpg

Fair enough.
Who put that shat on the MB. Yall are messing with shat yall font want. Just ask @DKR2006. He is too scared to go over there now with all his stuff going on. Also he thought that he couls change his name and start posting over there again. Think again

Well, I've officially had the one of the most surreal 24 hours of my life. Given that this is completely uncharted territory, I'm going to try to explain this situation via a short timeline of events.

* After the events from Saturday night and Sunday morning concerning the safety of the Orangebloods poster @hornsfan65, the Orangebloods staff spent the better part of Sunday and today working will law enforcement officials to confirm what had allegedly occurred on the message board. There wasn't a phone number listed in the user's contact information and none of the other listed information was current/correct, so initial efforts to provide both aid and confirmation were unsuccessful.

* By the end of this morning, we had very, very strong reasons to believe that the story that @hornsfan65 had told on the site had been untrue. Anwar Richardson led the investigation for us all day today and eventually confirmed through Amarillo police that @hornsfan65 was alive. The police had spoken with @hornsfan65 and that he confirmed that he was safe and claimed his account had been hacked over the weekend. While on a three-way call with Anwar and the police officer, we requested that the officer contact @hornsfan65 and ask if we could contact him.

* Less than an hour ago, Anwar and I spoke with @hornsfan65 over the phone. According to him, he has not used his Orangebloods account in quite a while and he can't explain how this situation occurred or who might have made the posts under his account if it wasn't him. Honestly, we asked a number of questions that he just didn't have answers for and it means that as of this very second, I can't fully explain situation this with complete detail, even if I have strong suspicions about what happened.

The best possible news is that we didn't lose an Orangebloods member this weekend in horrific fashion. I keep reminding myself that this is all that matters. I want to express to everyone that I made repeated attempts to check on his safety and state of mind, imploring with him to talk with us if he needed someone to talk to. However, he was quite insistent that he was in good health and of sound mind.

The bad news is that the a lot of people, including myself, were taken advantage of. All the members of this community wanted to do was be there for someone in a moment of need and that amazing amount of good faith was taken advantage of.

I don't know what else to say other than these three things:

1. Everyone who contributed to the fund that @echeese established in the last 24 hours will have their money refunded. I've told Chuck that I will work hand in hand in any capacity needed to make sure this is done in quick fashion.

2. There is still an active investigation about this on our end. I wouldn't normally write something before an investigation concludes, but this matter required urgent communication between myself and the board.

3. We will work to create a vetting process exists for any fund that is promoted on the site moving forward. We were all just trying to do the right thing, but in the future we're going to have to wait until situations are fully vetted before we support and allow for donations to take place.

A few people have told me that I don't have anything to be sorry about as it relates to all of this, but I don't believe that to be true. The buck stops with me and in retrospect, I would do things a little different today with the ability of a little hindsight.

My sincere apologies.

gk

You have nothing to apologize for and thank you for the effort and explanation on your part and Anwar’s also. Weird deal all the way around but with a silver lining. Hindsight is 20/20, you know that.
Thank you.

Reactions: Arrogant Assclown
@echeese This is part of a post you made yesterday morning in the Adios thread:

“Just heard from Talley (not sure his handle here) who son knew him and served with him. Their XO had taken his life very recently too.

By all accounts he was a great guy and well respected.”

Who is this Talley guy? The info he provided you seems to contradict everything we’ve learned about 65 in this thread.

So does it count that I got excited and took Ketch’s info to identify his father and confirm the grandfathers death? He was really easy to track down.

Yeah let’s go kick his ass for Ketch.;)

I'm trying to find what's real.

Ketch, you have done a great job today, I caution you in getting too involved. If you are communicating with him and he is giving you cause for concern, turn it over to law enforcement. Let APD or whichever jurisdiction handle it from here, they are trained and deal with this often. Wish him luck and turn it over, for your own mental well being.

I questioned with myself, the authenticity of this when it all came down . But then I felt guilty even thinking it was a hoax and decided not to question it. I contacted a non-OB friend that is a West Point guy, Army Ranger. He had heard something about it on Sunday but had no details. I called my sister who lives in Amarillo to see if she had heard anything or seen anything in the Amarillo paper and she had not heard/read anything. Checked with her son who is an Army Vet (not a Ranger) living there too and he had not heard anything and he recently lost one of his Army buddies due to the demons.

strange things that did not add up.....but I donated in good faith and caring.

Absolutely nothing wrong with OB coming together to help....proud moment actually

Should my account begin to post titties and women making each other happy around 10PM, just know that my account was hacked.

I think the board has earned a 'blast tits get out of jail free card' for the next...ummmm...let's say 6 hours to be easier on the Mods. We rallied big time, got suckered, make us whole with a blast tits window, and help soothe our wounds. :D

I’m sure this POS had this planned since he saw the boards generosity with Christian. He wanted a cut, so played on it. F him!
The last thing he wanted to see was the go fund me account. He was just depressed and didn't want to look like he had been bullshitting the board. And along came mary.

I am going to try and email everyone (system will allow it but I have to send 300+ emails). If you want to donated, 22 Kill is a GREAT organization working on veteran suicide every day.

When I send the email, just let me know but please, I do not want anyone to feel pressured.

22kill is a great cause. You got my agreement.

I am going to try and email everyone (system will allow it but I have to send 300+ emails). If you want to donated, 22 Kill is a GREAT organization working on veteran suicide every day.

When I send the email, just let me know but please, I do not want anyone to feel pressured.

No need to send me an email. Just redivert mine to that cause please. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT