ADVERTISEMENT

An update on the situation involving hornsfan65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think folks need to step back and look at the bigger picture here.

This wasn’t a con game or cat fish.

No matter what the persons back ground is.....ex Ranger....or .....mentally sad person looking for some kind of acknowledgment.....what happened is honestly really clear.

Whomever they are...is depressed. Folks don’t talk about it like they did over time. Wasn’t like they have been posting stuff over the years with titles “I’m so sad pay attention to me”

No over time in conversations it came up.

What is most likely true is they were very very low and got extremely intoxicated and thinking about suicide.

It’s possible that they are a black out drunk. I’ve known a few who were extremely depressed and looking back it sure seems like that’s the case.

What the person didn’t realize (who ever they are and what ever their story) was that the response from OB would be so immediate (folks demanding he talk to being willing to drive to his location or send folks his way) and caring.

It was honestly palapable how much folks cared.

Normal folks. People who have had depression. Ex civil servants like myself. Veterans. Hell just everybody. The outreach was astounding.

Waking up and seeing all that....And being tremendously embarrassed and feeling shamed they made the “Mary” story up.

Again. Underestimating OB. Instantly folks were offering to have the kid over for football gatherings this fall, asking about the funeral so they could attend, and most amazing raisIng 30k like a bullet and the only reason it didn’t go to 50k was the story got strange.

I was looking at tickets to Amarillo all the way up to when the strange stuff happened.

This wasn’t a con. Or a grift. Or a cat fish.

It’s a sad person (no matter the facts of their life) who had a moment and underestimated how much love and caring is found on board who argue about football and basically everything else.

I don’t know if I agree with anything @echeese believes politically. But I could care less. That ****er can be in my fox hole any day of the week.

Last edited:
Hey Ketch you and all of us on the board had to dead with the situation in real time. Imagine how we all would feel if we didnt respond like we did and he had really harmed himself. You did the best you could. If nothing else it reaffirmed to me the character that exists on this board that so many were willing to help a brother out in any way possible.

You're telling me...

Agree. Pissed this dude took advantage of the board but at the same time I was upset after reading both threads last night. So I suppose I am glad it's not true but if this was a scam, scammers should be punished.

@DKR2006 grossly exaggerated his dad’s military service and awards. He got called out on tMB, doubled down, tripled downed, and quadrupled down on it while getting called out. tMB had enough of it and outed him, posted his Instagram and Facebook. Field day ensued.
but i didn't exaggerate and proved with with pictures. And I'm still here lol

Reactions: hookemhornss
Point #3 moving forward should have always been the case. GoFundMe and similar fundraising websites are the new nigerian prince on craigslist scams. Itd sad but without double or triple confirmation on a situation, nobody should ever give money to one of these online fundraisers unless they are ok with being scammed.

Whether this community was scammed by the real hornsfans65 or an imposter seems irrelevant at this point.

I hear what you’re saying Buda but the guy who started the fund is a man of known impeccable character ( well he gets a lil defensive about a certain late 90’s and early/mid oughts offensive coordinators ;)) on this board and he handled the situation perfectly. And, if I’m gonna miss in life, I’m gonna miss on the sucker side. Not the cynical one

Not saying anything bad about echeese, just that the way the world is today you have to be sleptical. Bravo to eheese for using a service that will let people get their money back and not distributing funds until receiving confirmation. In this case, no harm no foul.

I have just always been leery of the gofundme type fundraisers unless I personally know the story and recipient.

@Ketchum while you and I butt heads from time to time on various topics, please don’t carry this on your shoulders as any form of guilt. As @Iceman just said in a previous post, I believe this guy needs some help, as I believe he got caught in a situation he can’t talk his way out of, but he obviously isn’t doing well. I love this community. We are a great mixture of varying types of people but truly believe all of us are the same when it comes down to it.... we love our horns, we share that comraderie, we share that brotherhood.

Yes, Ketch you are in no way responsible for this. I’m not mad, just disappointed at this guy.

but i didn't exaggerate and proved with with pictures. And I'm still here lol
Aiden, stop. You had to make a new handle and you’re too scared to step foot on tMB.
Buddy I’m not scared to step on tMB. I made the new handle because I wanted to go back on and onesmad got his panties in a bunch and blocked me. And spell my name right

good move. Otherwise i would have given you one of these
HsjhRce_zpsx8xry47n.gif

Reactions: PaulKemp
A few thoughts:

1. This OB family, when in need, delivers when it matters the most and comes together as Americans. We should be proud.
2. @echeese. Just bravo. Enough said.
3. @Ketchum. You guys run the best damn site and thanks for your diligence on this.
4. I am glad @hornsfan65 is alive and if the allegations are found to be true, he needs to get some serious help and justice will take take its course.

tumblr_m42qgbHbar1qdcel5o7_250.gif

The hell...I'm gone for a day and I miss the biggest hoax since the guy who was killed by a sand truck or whatever...or was it Cheetos guy...

I thought the random "Mary" was a little convenient. But that's some twisted shit.
If it makes you feel better, I missed the whole thing too.
Decided to spend the day with my son hanging out.
Serves me right.

Reactions: mhen903
The “wife” logging into OB first thing in the morning was highly suspicious. You can’t really say anything in that moment, but it was a huge red flag.

Red flag, yes, but I knew a guy who killed himself and his wife called me the next AM early. I wasn’t close to either of them but I guess she was just calling out of panic and grief etc.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if a wife posted after this happened. Loved ones are freaked AF after something like this.

Back to the main point of thread - dude is a clown and should be banned.

Reactions: LJ01 and TaxSaver
Hey Ketch you and all of us on the board had to dead with the situation in real time. Imagine how we all would feel if we didnt respond like we did and he had really harmed himself. You did the best you could. If nothing else it reaffirmed to me the character that exists on this board that so many were willing to help a brother out in any way possible.

This^^^

I'd rather be this kind of fool than a skeptic who misses stopping a tragedy.

Reactions: SODAKHORN
I'll save my compassion for all the people that couldn't eat or sleep for the last couple of days because they were caught up re-living moments when loved ones really did commit suicide. You do realize that this whole bullshit could have VERY easily pushed someone over the edge for real? There are laws against this and it sounds like this asshole has just been busy working out his defense.

well...apparently an OB member DID...so maybe it happened

That’s horrible what they have done. That’s why when I asked for prayers for my cousin, I was reluctant to accept donations. Some people are just the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT