ADVERTISEMENT

Another Longhorn Transferring

Need someone who knows how to handle high rated players. They all can't play every snap, and Herman needs to figure out how to keep them calm. The problem is that Tommy does not have the trust of his players and they don't believe in his process because there are no results to point to.

There is a lot to complain about right now but this is just piling on.

We are talking about an out of state red shirt freshman that is running fourth on the depth chart at cornerback going into the transfer portal. It should be pretty obvious what’s going on here and it is nothing unique to Texas or the coaches.

Need someone who knows how to handle high rated players. They all can't play every snap, and Herman needs to figure out how to keep them calm. The problem is that Tommy does not have the trust of his players and they don't believe in his process because there are no results to point to.

If Herman were putting them into the league, they would get in line and stay in line.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Maybe he should've tried quitting first...

Seemed to have worked out for BJ Foster and Jalen Green.

What a wonderful message being sent. Quit on the team after a depth chart gets posted or at half time because you're not playing as much as you want. Best way to work your way into a starting job!!!

There is a lot to complain about right now but this is just piling on.

We are talking about an out of state red shirt freshman that is running fourth on the depth chart at cornerback going into the transfer portal. It should be pretty obvious what’s going on here and it is nothing unique to Texas or the coaches.

My friend...this 18 wheeler has about 10 flat tires...ain't gonna make it much further

It seems we are all dancing around the elephant in the room. Texas lost that game because those refs were as crooked as 3 dollar bills. How the hell did they call a holding penalty on a TCU player who was bear hugging Ossai, and then wave it off. How do they Tackle Eagles when a pass is right there and not call a penalty. How do they call Jake Smith for offensive pass interference and he didn't even touch the guy.

This was the worst and most blatant bias officiating I have ever seen.

I'm not trying to draw attention away from Tom Herman, but we should be equally as appalled at the Big 12 and them continually screwing Texas over. When the time comes for the next round of TV negotiations, we need to get the hell out of the Big 12, I don't care where we go, but we need out.

It seems we are all dancing around the elephant in the room. Texas lost that game because those refs were as crooked as 3 dollar bills. How the hell did they call a holding penalty on a TCU player who was bear hugging Ossai, and then wave it off. How do they Tackle Eagles when a pass is right there and not call a penalty. How do they call Jake Smith for offensive pass interference and he didn't even touch the guy.

I'm not trying to draw attention away from Tom Herman, but we should be equally as appalled at the Big 12 and them continually screwing Texas over. When the time comes for the next round of TV negotiations, we need to get the hell out of the Big 12, I don't care where we go, but we need out.

The refs were horrible for sure, but Herman should be able to beat TCU despite that. TCU got called for a lot of penalties as well.

Reactions: Lampasas
If Herman were putting them into the league, they would get in line and stay in line.

My point exactly, we need someone who has a reputation that the players respect and trust. We need a real leader and I don't think Herman is a real leader. Some people just have a presence that demands respect. He might say the right things but I don't think the players really buy into it. The Texas job is unique with all it's distractions and it takes a certain person to be able to run it to it's full potential.

Hell we can't win this sorry conference where do you propose to go? I am not sure there is a conference out there we can win at this point other than maybe the Mountain West but with the head coach we have that is not a given

My point exactly, we need someone who has a reputation that the players respect and trust. We need a real leader and I don't think Herman is a real leader. He might say the right things but I don't think the players really buy into it. The Texas job is unique with all it's distractions and it takes a certain person to be able to run it to it's full potential.
That or you need a guy like Saben that just tells all the distractions to screw off. You are paid to win football games at a high level not run around glad handing. Dabo is another guy that doesn't put up with that shit. What do those 2 have in common? It's called winning at an extremely high level

That or you need a guy like Saben that just tells all the distractions to screw off. You are paid to win football games at a high level not run around glad handing. Dabo is another guy that doesn't put up with that shit. What do those 2 have in common? It's called winning at an extremely high level

Yep, when Herman tries to tell someone no they probably try to go over his head and create problems. When Saban tells someone no they accept it. The difference is respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT