ADVERTISEMENT

ANWAR!!!

@Anwar Richardson you're about to get killed (verbally) on the board. God dam$ed jinx.
@Anwar Richardson gets paid to pump sunshine. He knows deep down this team and it's culture are at odds with reality. When you fill an entire university with buttery soft professors that see racism around every corner, that benefit from white privilege yet bemoan it to the students, and sexually non-binary individuals that spend all day trying to convince you that yes, you are oppressing them-- it leaks over to the young minds of football players-- it makes them weak.

And we have a buttery soft culture at Texas.

@Anwar Richardson gets paid to pump sunshine. He knows deep down this team and it's culture are at odds with reality. When you fill an entire university with buttery soft professors that see racism around every corner, that benefit from white privilege yet bemoan it to the students, and sexually non-binary individuals that spend all day trying to convince you that yes, you are oppressing them-- it leaks over to the young minds of football players-- it makes them weak.

Look, I might be wrong, but Mack had success here under similar circumstances. I appreciate your contribution to the thread, but let's try to keep this sports related and not devolve into a political discussion please.

Thanks in advance.

Look, I might be wrong, but Mack had success here under similar circumstances. I appreciate your contribution to the thread, but let's try to keep this sports related and not devolve into a political discussion please.

Thanks in advance.
LOL snowflake. This is exactly the mindset that perpetuates the soft culture of our university administration and athletic department.

Thanks in advance.
I understand, but if you can't see that one culture has had a direct impact on another culture, then it's either because you're choosing not to see it, because you agree with said political culture, or you're being naive.

Don't take this as an attack, take it as a dose of reality.

I understand, but if you can't see that one culture has had a direct impact on another culture, then it's either because you're choosing not to see it, because you agree with said political culture, or you're being naive.

Roger that, and thanks for the civil reply.

I've never played football, so I can't speak to the sport directly. I have however played baseball at a very high level, and can speak to the culture at the school/institution versus the athletic department with a fair amount of comfort, and I don't see the connection, sorry.

The one exception that I could see, is that management/institution giving people more rope than they deserve - though I don't think that should be an evaluation made on one game's result, it should be made over the course of a season and looking at performance relative to decision making.

We’re just not a very tough team. Need more blue collar nastiness from this team. It’s impossible to develop that attitude when you have a culture on campus where you’re programmed to be offended by school songs and statues plus activist professors poisoning young black athletes to believe that all other white people around them including their coaches are actively oppressing them. The culture of our campus is extremely toxic and doesn’t mesh with a winning culture. Same thing has been happening at Michigan, Nebraska, USC and several other blue blood programs. It’s just awful to see and Sark needs the authority to run his program without any meddling by administrators and activist professors.

It wasn’t near as bad under Mack as it is now! I was a student from 2002-2005 (graduated December 2005).
We had some overlap, and a lot of fun watching out team, that was a golden era for Texas to go along with DKR's time.

I think what a lot of fans forget is just how difficult it is to have long extended periods of success at the college level.

Bama right now is an outlier.

If you look at Clemson for example, they've recently had a few years of very impressive results, yet they lost last week and won this week. Should they have thrown out the baby with the bath water last week? Based on last week's result, sure, but based on the last few years you'd be crazy to get rid of a coach that successful.

I'm not saying I have an answer to the problem, I'm just saying that cooler heads prevail in the long run and let's not make rash decisions without taking the time to evaluate things accordingly.

It's easy to be a keyboard warrior and absolutely trounce a coach for a poor decision here or there - hell, Mack made some decisions that had poor outcomes, but the big picture resulted in success.

Let's just try and be rational and not jump off a cliff two games into a season is all I'm asking.

For the record, the first half sucked. The second half wasn't much better, but certain personnel did help.

Was this the result of personnel decisions, or the result of a Frosh QB dealing with his second start and first on the the road in a hostile environment?

I know that I'm in large part just asking questions as opposed to providing answers, but I think this is how you fix a problem as opposed to taking a hammer to every problem assuming that you're going to be able to solve every problem with a hammer and ignoring things like wrenches, blow torches and I dunno, a 1,000 other tools that most mechanics have in their tool bag.

Thanks OB for taking the time to read my post. Sorry for the wall of text, it's more of a stream of consciousness post than anything well thought out an rational.

-Hook'em.

Hey, thanks for the input, I appreciate your contribution to the thread and the ensuing discussion. Take a look at my post above to @4MNChampsHorn and I hope that sheds some light on my thought process.

Have the other schools you mentioned also had the same culture issues? I'm asking honestly because I don't know and would be interested to hear more about that. Michigan, USC & Nebraska would be tough to think of as a pro-confederate school. I'm just thinking out loud here, but I'm thinking the issue is somewhere else.

Landing a national title coach is tough and is even tougher for a multiple year run.

Can we not be so re-active to a Froch QB getting nervous in his first away start, I appreciate the contributions that Thompson had and hope to continue to have going forward if we decide to make that change.

@Anwar Richardson
@Ketchum
@Suchomel

Hook'em. I'm out.

Hey, thanks for the input, I appreciate your contribution to the thread and the ensuing discussion. Take a look at my post above to @4MNChampsHorn and I hope that sheds some light on my thought process.

Have the other schools you mentioned also had the same culture issues? I'm asking honestly because I don't know and would be interested to hear more about that. Michigan, USC & Nebraska would be tough to think of as a pro-confederate school. I'm just thinking out loud here, but I'm thinking the issue is somewhere else.

Landing a national title coach is tough and is even tougher for a multiple year run.

Can we not be so re-active to a Froch QB getting nervous in his first away start, I appreciate the contributions that Thompson had and hope to continue to have going forward if we decide to make that change.

@Anwar Richardson
@Ketchum
@Suchomel

Hook'em. I'm out.
I think Card being a young QB isn’t the issue. We lost the game at the line of scrimmage. Our OL couldn’t block anybody and our DL couldn’t get off blocks in the 2nd half. It’s a lack of toughness and grit and desire to want to whip your opponents ass. To do that you need to be borderline crazy with a genuine desire to hurt and manhandle your opponent. We don’t have that with our OL and DL.

Also, the geography of our school has no correlation with the toxic culture of our university. We have a lot of black athletes who are easily influenced by people outside of the football program. I’m friends with the parents of one of our starting players and the external influences by activist professors is real. They are at every practice, hang out with them in the locker room, and they meet regularly with them outside of their football activities. This all started towards the end of Mack Brown’s tenure and has continued up until now. The athletic department allows them to be around under the guise of being their trusted mentors. However, they are undermining the authority of the coaches and team captains by prioritizing social justice causes at the expense of team unity. For example, the whole EOT controversy last year….when many black players refused to stay and sing the EOT after games that was directly attributed to the influence these “mentors”have had on these players for a long time. As most of us know, in order for a team to compete at a championship level we need everyone to be fully committed to each other and all in for the good of the team. External influences that perpetuate divisions among members of the team will ruin the culture of the program. If I’m Sark I immediately cut off everyone not associated with the football program to stay away from practices, locker room and off field activities with any social justice “mentors”.

This ^^^.

I was at the game and we got our asses kicked. We're not SEC tough. At multiple times throughout the game, there were patriotic songs played (Lee Greenwood - God Bless the USA and a few others) and the entire stadium sang loudly in unison. There are zero signs of wokeness in the SEC. Our team will go home to Austin and continue to hear about EOT litigation and professors that teach non-binary, they/them, gender, and ethnic studies. Fayetteville is tougher than Austin. UA's fanbase is tougher than UT's fanbase. And, UA's student section is tougher than UT's student section.
At least Sarkisian has been in the SEC and knows what it takes to win in the league. Having pronouns after our name ain't going to cut it.

I think Card being a young QB isn’t the issue. We lost the game at the line of scrimmage. Our OL couldn’t block anybody and our DL couldn’t get off blocks in the 2nd half. It’s a lack of toughness and grit and desire to want to whip your opponents ass. To do that you need to be borderline crazy with a genuine desire to hurt and manhandle your opponent. We don’t have that with our OL and DL.

Also, the geography of our school has no correlation with the toxic culture of our university. We have a lot of black athletes who are easily influenced by people outside of the football program. I’m friends with the parents of one of our starting players and the external influences by activist professors is real. They are at every practice, hang out with them in the locker room, and they meet regularly with them outside of their football activities. This all started towards the end of Mack Brown’s tenure and has continued up until now. The athletic department allows them to be around under the guise of being their trusted mentors. However, they are undermining the authority of the coaches and team captains by prioritizing social justice causes at the expense of team unity. For example, the whole EOT controversy last year….when many black players refused to stay and sing the EOT after games that was directly attributed to the influence these “mentors”have had on these players for a long time. As most of us know, in order for a team to compete at a championship level we need everyone to be fully committed to each other and all in for the good of the team. External influences that perpetuate divisions among members of the team will ruin the culture of the program. If I’m Sark I immediately cut off everyone not associated with the football program to stay away from practices, locker room and off field activities with any social justice “mentors”.
I agree that we got our asses kicked in the trenches but Card didn't have a good game. There were multiple times that he could've made a play with his legs and didn't take the opportunity. In the first half, he had receivers open on vertical routes multiple times and missed the pass.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
However, they are undermining the authority of the coaches and team captains by prioritizing social justice causes at the expense of team unity. For example, the whole EOT controversy last year….when many black players refused to stay and sing the EOT after games that was directly attributed to the influence these “mentors”have had on these players for a long time. As most of us know, in order for a team to compete at a championship level we need everyone to be fully committed to each other and all in for the good of the team. External influences that perpetuate divisions among members of the team will ruin the culture of the program. If I’m Sark I immediately cut off everyone not associated with the football program to stay away from practices, locker room and off field activities with any social justice “mentors”.
Wow are the first words from my lips.

I'm not saying you're wrong.

Assuming you're correct, that's a gigantic issue that should be addressed in short order. @Drtxhorn can you stay on top of this issues?

I know I'm asking for a lot, but if your claim is legitimate, then that is something that needs to be resolved post haste.

Quick quote. "I’m friends with the parents of one of our starting players and the external influences by activist professors is real. They are at every practice, hang out with them in the locker room, and they meet regularly with them outside of their football activities. This all started towards the end of Mack Brown’s tenure and has continued up until now."

Quote: "However, they are undermining the authority of the coaches and team captains"

Okay so:
1) This thread being legit, how do we limit the conversation between team and administration that don't wan't to legitimately succeed for whatever reason.

I'm headed to sleep soon but re-read your post prior to my post on this thread. I'm honestly too tired after today's experience to go back and and spend the time to correct, but still wanted to let you know you're right.

Wish more of OB operated this way.

-Hook'em

May be the best post I’ve seen on a message board. Brutally filled with truth and straight to the point.

Wow are the first words from my lips.

I'm not saying you're wrong.

Assuming you're correct, that's a gigantic issue that should be addressed in short order. @Drtxhorn can you stay on top of this issues?

I know I'm asking for a lot, but if your claim is legitimate, then that is something that needs to be resolved post haste.

Quick quote. "I’m friends with the parents of one of our starting players and the external influences by activist professors is real. They are at every practice, hang out with them in the locker room, and they meet regularly with them outside of their football activities. This all started towards the end of Mack Brown’s tenure and has continued up until now."

Quote: "However, they are undermining the authority of the coaches and team captains"

Okay so:
1) This thread being legit, how do we limit the conversation between team and administration that don't wan't to legitimately succeed for whatever reason.
You can't. It's too late. Once the door was cracked open during the end of Brown's tenure, there was no stopping it. Now, who helped open that door? None other than the king of racial agendas, Steve Patterson. Don't believe me?

After he was fired, a reporter asked him what he was most proud of as an AD during his brief tenure.

Patterson replied "the 2 historic hires in football and basketball."
The follow up question should have been "uhhhh what was so historic about them? Didn't you hire the best men for the job?"..... but alas, no follow up.

At the time, Jack Arute, one of the most celebrated sideline reporters of all time, was hosting a SIRIUS satellite show on channel 85. I called Jack and asked him that very question.... Jack Arute has seen it all. I wish I'd have been recording because when I said "Jack, what's so historic about it....?" Jack Arute went dead silent for an uncomfortable 5 to 7 seconds. He then followed with a very convoluted non-answer. I stumped one of the greatest sports reporters of all time-- yet the Austin culture of reporters couldn't ask a simple follow up.

Once Charlie was hired simply because he was black, the door that Patterson cracked open during Mack's last years was now WIDE open.

More activists were allowed access to the team under the guise of "racial or cultural guidance" so black players would have someone to talk to about what it was like to be an oppressed black man on a full ride at UT. And it just domino-ed from there.

Your answer is, it can't be stopped. Sark is a white man married to a black woman. If he cuts off black players access to their "mentors" the mentors will turn on him in unison and declare him a racist with an Uncle Tom for a wife.

This is our new culture. Hope those of you that supported it are happy. It isn't getting any better.

How can the culture of the university only effect the football team. Almost all other sports are winning at a high level. Football and maybe basketball seems to be a huge problem. Baseball, softball, volleyball, swimming, golf, tennis etc seem to be going in the right direction so if the culture is soft why are these not failing? Is it just the culture around football?

How can the culture of the university only effect the football team. Almost all other sports are winning at a high level. Football and maybe basketball seems to be a huge problem. Baseball, softball, volleyball, swimming, golf, tennis etc seem to be going in the right direction so if the culture is soft why are these not failing? Is it just the culture around football?
Football is in a class of its own but I’m sure there’s impact on the basketball team as well. Smart had incredible talent but lost to a bunch of teams we had no business losing.

Look, these players are brought in and they all enroll in the same African American studies classes where there’s no white or brown students and all they hear is about how bad whitey has been to them. These are blow off classes that allow them to remain eligible academically. These kids are not only being lied to on a daily basis but they don’t know what it’s like to actually be accountable for themselves. I would rather have student athletes who actually want to learn to be doctors, teachers, lawyers, businessmen, computer programmers, etc than these coddled babies who expect the entire world to revolve around them and their “culture “ of wokeness.

Football is in a class of its own but I’m sure there’s impact on the basketball team as well. Smart had incredible talent but lost to a bunch of teams we had no business losing.

Look, these players are brought in and they all enroll in the same African American studies classes where there’s no white or brown students and all they hear is about how bad whitey has been to them. These are blow off classes that allow them to remain eligible academically. These kids are not only being lied to on a daily basis but they don’t know what it’s like to actually be accountable for themselves. I would rather have student athletes who actually want to learn to be doctors, teachers, lawyers, businessmen, computer programmers, etc than these coddled babies who expect the entire world to revolve around them and their “culture “ of wokeness.
Are these classes not at Alabama, Georgia, LSU etc..I’m honestly trying to find the correlation. UT can’t be the only school with AA Studies and black student athletes.

Last edited:
Are these classes not at Alabama, Georgia, LSU etc..I’m honestly trying to find the correlation. UT can’t be the only school with AA Studies and black student athletes.
Those same classes are everywhere. The difference is with the expectations of UT’s black student athletes especially on the football team. Most other campuses these courses are purely elective but at UT these professors expect to see every black athlete come through their classes. Academic advisors on the football team are closely connected with these professors and make sure they get enrolled in their classes. If not, these professors are actually tracking their class enrollment metrics and team rosters to see if there are players who haven’t enrolled so they can track them down and find out why they aren’t taking their courses. Another thing…these professors are also heavily involved with recruiting visits on campus so they can start building relationships early. They also are allowed in the locker rooms and practices as trusted “mentors” and “advisors”. In addition, they bring in former players to come back and speak to their classes. These professors also benefit from any athletes who become successful at the next level so they can shake them down for a job or a contribution to their favorite social justice program. This level of meddling is not present at any successful athletic department in the country. These professors are the same people pushing the university to take down statues and eliminate the EOT. Even going as far as supporting the current litigation for these efforts.

The conundrum for UT is how do we get this BS out of the way without appearing that we’re acting like racists. This problem is deep and entrenched and is ruining our football program. It doesn’t appear that this is not going to change no matter who we bring in to coach or play here. We’re fvcked!

Lastly, this culture is also a major turn off for many recruits - both black and white. If you’re wondering why we’ve missed on so many top recruits including some major legacy recruits you can point directly to this problem as one of the reasons.

Perhaps Clob can shed some light as a former player - was it common back in the day for people outside the team to have this type of access? I just can’t imagine Saban allowing anything like this to fester around his program.

Last edited:
Those same classes are everywhere. The difference is with the expectations of UT’s black student athletes especially on the football team. Most other campuses these courses are purely elective but at UT these professors expect to see every black athlete come through their classes. Academic advisors on the football team are closely connected with these professors and make sure they get enrolled in their classes. If not, these professors are actually tracking their class enrollment metrics and team rosters to see if there are players who haven’t enrolled so they can track them down and find out why they aren’t taking their courses. Another thing…these professors are also heavily involved with recruiting visits on campus so they can start building relationships early. They also are allowed in the locker rooms and practices as trusted “mentors” and “advisors”. In addition, they bring in former players to come back and speak to their classes. These professors also benefit from any athletes who become successful at the next level so they can shake them down for a job or a contribution to their favorite social justice program. This level of meddling is not present at any successful athletic department in the country. These professors are the same people pushing the university to take down statues and eliminate the EOT. Even going as far as supporting the current litigation for these efforts.

The conundrum for UT is how do we get this BS out of the way without appearing that we’re acting like racists. This problem is deep and entrenched and is ruining our football program. It doesn’t appear that this is not going to change no matter who we bring in to coach or play here. We’re fvcked!

Lastly, this culture is also a major turn off for many recruits - both black and white. If you’re wondering why we’ve missed on so many top recruits including some major legacy recruits you can point directly to this problem as one of the reasons.

Perhaps Clob can shed some light as a former player - was it common back in the day for people outside the team to have this type of access? I just can’t imagine Saban allowing anything like this to fester around his program.
Holleee sheet this is bad. We are becoming Columbia university. It's over.

The culture issues extend to the city and fanbase. At multiple times during the game, there were patriotic songs played and the entire stadium was united in singing and placing hands over hearts. It was a display of patriotism I haven’t seen in a while - both the in-game experience and the fan participation. Everyone pulling the rope in the same direction.

I have my doubts as to whether Memorial Stadium would go that far in its patriotic in-game experience for fear of offending the USA-hating Al Sharpton-wannabe professors.

The team, city, fanbase all have to be pulling the rope in the same direction. We’re definitely not there.

The culture issues extend to the city and fanbase. At multiple times during the game, there were patriotic songs played and the entire stadium was united in singing and placing hands over hearts. It was a display of patriotism I haven’t seen in a while - both the in-game experience and the fan participation. Everyone pulling the rope in the same direction.

I have my doubts as to whether Memorial Stadium would go that far in its patriotic in-game experience for fear of offending the USA-hating Al Sharpton-wannabe professors.

The team, city, fanbase all have to be pulling the rope in the same direction. We’re definitely not there.
Right on. Everyone needs to be all in. From the fan base, city, university, administration, coaches and players. The programs that can do this will have a chance to be special.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
My man, it effects our football and basketball teams mostly. Not baseball, swimming, tennis etc because----- ready?

There are a majority of AA players on the football and basketball teams. These mentors are targeting those two sports because there's plenty of candidates, and they have the majority..... make sense now?

Here’s another example. Emmanuel Acho….very intelligent young man and highly successful. He had a so so NFL career and broadcast career but what is he most known for? He’s known for his series of podcasts “Uncomfortable conversations with a black man”. He’s also in high demand by corporate America as a public speaker on social justice and race issues. Do you really believe that his success as a race hustler was grown organically? Of course not! Again, through his connections at UT and in the racial grievance industry he’s been able to secure prime access to media platforms that most ordinary podcasters will never sniff. He’s a regular speaker in African American studies classes and they view him as a success story for pursuing the woke agenda. His example has empowered the woke culture at UT athletics but it also helps to undermine the authority of the coaches to run their program to benefit ALL players on the team.

Here’s another example. Emmanuel Acho….very intelligent young man and highly successful. He had a so so NFL career and broadcast career but what is he most known for? He’s known for his series of podcasts “Uncomfortable conversations with a black man”. He’s also in high demand by corporate America as a public speaker on social justice and race issues. Do you really believe that his success as a race hustler was grown organically? Of course not! Again, through his connections at UT and in the racial grievance industry he’s been able to secure prime access to media platforms that most ordinary podcasters will never sniff. He’s a regular speaker in African American studies classes and they view him as a success story for pursuing the woke agenda. His example has empowered the woke culture at UT athletics but it also helps to undermine the authority of the coaches to run their program to benefit ALL players on the team.
Emmanuel is a fraud. Look up his privileged upbringing including attending an exclusive, private, all-male high school (St Mark’s) in Dallas. He’s had a privileged upbringing and opportunities that any ethnicity would love to have.
For him to lecture on social justice issues is disingenuous. He’s a fraud and no better than Al Sharpton.
He doesn’t care about UT or anyone else other than himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT