Any fans of the 1993 movie "Cliffhanger"?

B3_Advis3d

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2016

Sylvester Stallone will reprise his iconic role as Search-and-Rescue mountain climber Gabe Walker from 1993’s “Cliffhanger” in an upcoming sequel to be helmed by Ric Roman Waugh (“Angel Has Fallen,” “Greenland”).

The original Renny Harlin-directed film was of the biggest hits of Stallone’s career, raking in $255 million at the box-office and rejuvenating his career after several comedy flops.

Neal H. Moritz’s Original Film will produce alongside Stallone and Braden Aftergood’s Balboa Productions. Waugh says in a statement:

“Growing up with the biggest action films of the ’80s and ’90s, working on many of them myself, ‘Cliffhanger’ was by far one of my favorite spectacles. To be at the helm of the next chapter, scaling the Italian Alps with the legend himself, Sylvester Stallone, is a dream come true. It’s going to be a great challenge and blast taking this franchise to new heights, a responsibility I don’t take lightly.”
Stallone is currently in “Tulsa King” and has roles in both “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” this week and “The Expendables 4” this fall.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.