ADVERTISEMENT

Any good non-mainstream movie recs?

Again, I bring up Tiger King, on Netflix. Has anyone watched it? My wife has, I have not, but it’s the number 1 show streaming right now.
I hear tidbits of it while she watches in bed and I’m like “What the Fvck did I just hear?”

What is Tiger King about?
So there's this gay hillbilly. And he really loves tigers and raising them and teaching people about them. Then there's this other b!tch who also raises tigers and thinks the gay guy is mistreating the tigers. The gay hillbilly just thinks the woman is trying to run him out of business so she can order the market on Tiger tourism. So she sicks PETA on the gay hillbilly and organizes marches against him and yada yada. Drama and hilarity ensues until the b!tches rich husband ends up dead. Then an online bash campaign between the two of them starts and it's gets ugly, quick. Then a personal war breaks out. Then angel investors get involved. Then polygamy and sexism is revealed. Then a cult is born out of another tiger tourism place. Then drugs and booze get involved. Then someone loses an arm to a tiger. Then a tiger attacks the gay hillbilly who is married to two dudes. Then he shoots his pistol at the tiger after doing countless videos of shooting at effigies of the crazy b!tch that he posts on youtube. Then the tiger cult leader is exposed for banging all his trailer trash hot assistants.

It's a dumpster fire inside a house fire inside a train wreck moving in slow motion.

So there's this gay hillbilly. And he really loves tigers and raising them and teaching people about them. Then there's this other b!tch who also raises tigers and thinks the gay guy is mistreating the tigers. The gay hillbilly just thinks the woman is trying to run him out of business so she can order the market on Tiger tourism. So she sicks PETA on the gay hillbilly and organizes marches against him and yada yada. Drama and hilarity ensues until the b!tches rich husband ends up dead. Then an online bash campaign between the two of them starts and it's gets ugly, quick. Then a personal war breaks out. Then angel investors get involved. Then polygamy and sexism is revealed. Then a cult is born out of another tiger tourism place. Then drugs and booze get involved. Then someone loses an arm to a tiger. Then a tiger attacks the gay hillbilly who is married to two dudes. Then he shoots his pistol at the tiger after doing countless videos of shooting at effigies of the crazy b!tch that he posts on youtube. Then the tiger cult leader is exposed for banging all his trailer trash hot assistants.

It's a dumpster fire inside a house fire inside a train wreck moving in slow motion.
Not a spoiler alert?

Pan sausage and eggs sound great in the morning.

Reactions: StrangerHorn

I definitely won't be watching that, but I did take the family to Vegas in the year 2000 and watched Siegfried and Roy-The last year before he got attacked and the show stopped. It was a damn good show.

Some people in this forum know this, but that movie was taken from the account of my family. I am related to the people portrayed in that movie. The real story was pretty ugly.
My 4th great grandfather Luther Plummer was married to Rachael Parker Plummer. The Fort Parker Massacre was the basis for the movie and the search John Parker and Luther Plummer were doing for those taken as slaves. Rachael Plummer was both pregnant and had an 18 month old son, both were murdered by the Comanches. She was a slave for 5 years. When she was finally retrieved she lived with her family for about a year before she died. She told her story and that account was where the Searchers came from.
By chance are you from Limestone County?

By chance are you from Limestone County?

No, I'm from San Antonio. I have a ton of family from Bryant Tx. I was at the Texas land commission looking at old maps of Texas where my family had land grants and I haven't found where they were from and connecting it to modern maps.

No, I'm from San Antonio. I have a ton of family from Bryant Tx. I was at the Texas land commission looking at old maps of Texas where my family had land grants and I haven't found where they were from and connecting it to modern maps.
I was just curious. Fort Parker and the history there feels like part of my history. I am from Groesbeck and I still have family that lives in Limestone county. My wife and I both do. In fact my Brother in law’s home backs up to the Fort Parker property. It is cool that such a fascinating part of Texas history is part of your family history.

All I have is my Great Great Grandmother was a sibling to John Wesley Hardin. The resemblance of John Wesley Hardin and my dad, when my father was young is Freaky. I mean it looks like a photo shop kind of thing.

Reactions: Son of Wasatch
All I have is my Great Great Grandmother was a sibling to John Wesley Hardin. The resemblance of John Wesley Hardin and my dad, when my father was young is Freaky. I mean it looks like a photo shop kind of thing.
There is local historian in El Paso named Leon Metz. Has a great voice for narration of the old west. He wrote a book years ago titled "The Shooters". It is a fun quick read with a small chapter dedicated to each of the most infamous gunmen and the inaccuracy of some of the myths Hollywood portrays in old westerns. Anyway, I have heard him speak several times of stories of the Old West as it pertained to the El Paso area. One of the presentation included a tour that included the grave John Wesley Hardin at Concordia Cemetery. I wonder if your account of Hardin is similar as the book. He wrote of JWH killing over 30 people before the ripe age of 21. He had gone to prison, became an attorney and found God and a wife. The death of his wife cause another downward drinking spiral. He had a law office in El Paso where he had an affair with a woman whose husband he was representing all while that husband was evading the law in Juarez. Ultimately, he was gambling at the ACME saloon where he was shot by surprise. This is a pretty brief summation that doesn't do all of the back story justice, but I didn't want to rewrite the whole chapter.

All kinds of interesting stuff in my family. My second great grandfather was the cousin to Sam Houston's wife Margaret Lea.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT