ADVERTISEMENT

Are any of you texans taking Matthew seriously?

Matt is a drug user. His opponent will cite the nuisance call where Matt was found early in the AM playing bongo drums in the nude.
Bill Clinton stuffed a cigar into Monica Lewinsky's snatch. Of course it was a long time ago and after the fact today, but still I think Bill's transgressions loosened the public's thoughts and more importantly, their morals. Clowns like Matthew stand a chance for public office because of the Bill Clintons and their notoriety. Athletes and terrible actors trying to make law? Lord help us all! Will Texas cave? Just asking. 😁

well why not?....if Jesse "the body" Ventura can be Gov of Minn and Swartzenager can be Gov of Cali. and both were above average, then why not?
Welp, anything's possible obviuosly. How'd that work out? Minnesota can stand on it's own. California suckles the government tit to this day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ak24baseball01
Bill Clinton stuffed a cigar into Monica Lewinsky's snatch. Of course it was a long time ago and after the fact today, but still I think Bill's transgressions loosened the public's thoughts and more importantly, their morals. Clowns like Matthew stand a chance for public office because of the Bill Clintons and their notoriety. Athletes and terrible actors trying to make law? Lord help us all! Will Texas cave? Just asking. 😁

Isn't he pretty conservative?

Matthew can't deal with half the population of his state hating his guts. That dude is all about the love. Politics would destroy him inside.

Last edited:
Welp, anything's possible obviuosly. How'd that work out? Minnesota can stand on it's own. California suckles the government tit to this day.
It worked out well....both states were much better off because of them...

Conservative, not at all. Libertarian, compared to progressives yes.

I think he'd do well as a rep but not the governor. "Can't we just get along" doesn't work in that position regardless of which side you're on.
Agree. DeSantis is a perfect example of the anti-“can’t we just get along” Governor. And, he’s arguably the best Gov in the US.

I'm pretty sure he is pro choice as well as pro gun control. Those aren't popular positions in texas. At some point, he'll have to answer questions.
He said that owners of modern sporting rifles need "to take one for the team." Anybody remember Robert Francis O'Roourke?

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I've lived the last 35 years of my life now here in Texas. I work hard, I hunt and I fish with almost none to little obstacle or interference. This is a freedom alot of states don't offer, I'm talking about "feeling free." I, as most here want to live my life as I see fit as it's my god given right. I'm fortunate I don't need, or want for that matter, a weak popular fascist liberal trying to eliminate my rights because of the uncivilized masses they've cultured. Blinding for some I'm sure. This is what makes Texas great. You know Texas is the lone red state along the mexican border now? Arizona caved. Texas does not need in any capacity, the feds control in any shape or matter. You know being blue is an invitation for fed control. Lord help us a clown like Matthew should actually win the governorship of Texas. Heh, good luck trying to regulate my guns Dianne Feinstein. Just my honest opinion. If I offend with this opinion, welp, you might not belong in Texas. The "Eyes of Texas" sounds pretty good right now. 😉

Reactions: oldhorn2
I've lived the last 35 years of my life now here in Texas. I work hard, I hunt and I fish with almost none to little obstacle or interference. This is a freedom alot of states don't offer, I'm talking about "feeling free." I, as most here want to live my life as I see fit as it's my god given right. I'm fortunate I don't need, or want for that matter, a weak popular fascist liberal trying to eliminate my rights because of the uncivilized masses they've cultured. Blinding for some I'm sure. This is what makes Texas great. You know Texas is the lone red state along the mexican border now? Arizona caved. Texas does not need in any capacity, the feds control in any shape or matter. You know being blue is an invitation for fed control. Lord help us a clown like Matthew should actually win the governorship of Texas. Heh, good luck trying to regulate my guns Dianne Feinstein. Just my honest opinion. If I offend with this opinion, welp, you might not belong in Texas. The "Eyes of Texas" sounds pretty good right now. 😉
TEXIT

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn

I'm certainly not offended. I'd assume Matthew would run as an independent?

I'm certainly not offended. I'd assume Matthew would run as an independent?
Slim to no chance going that route. Texas has too many markets to cover independently. To have a fighting chance he'd need a party's $upport.
That being said, I hope he runs as an independent.

Reactions: LonghornMM
IMO McConaughey would not be a good fit as governor. As others have said, it's not about everyone getting along and having people like you. You have to make hard, firm decisions and stand your ground on things and do what's best for the state and not worry about hurting people's feelings. Texas needs a well grounded, common sense person to keep our values and traditions, while looking to keep the border secure and protecting our economy and resources. We damn sure don't need someone to come in here and "California" our Texas!

IMO McConaughey would not be a good fit as governor. As others have said, it's not about everyone getting along and having people like you. You have to make hard, firm decisions and stand your ground on things and do what's best for the state and not worry about hurting people's feelings. Texas needs a well grounded, common sense person to keep our values and traditions, while looking to keep the border secure and protecting our economy and resources. We damn sure don't need someone to come in here and "California" our Texas!
He’s not the guy. Anyone who wears a mask outdoors on a mountain top while hiking doesn’t meet the basic qualifications to be Gov of TX. If he thinks virtue signaling is cool, he’s not as tough as DeSantis. He’s not my guy.

Slim to no chance going that route. Texas has too many markets to cover independently. To have a fighting chance he'd need a party's $upport.
That being said, I hope he runs as an independent.
The Texas Legislature is the strongest in the nation. Need I say more.

He’s not the guy. Anyone who wears a mask outdoors on a mountain top while hiking doesn’t meet the basic qualifications to be Gov of TX. If he thinks virtue signaling is cool, he’s not as tough as DeSantis. He’s not my guy.
Dang almighty! You nailed it brother with the "virtue signaling." Matthew ain't Texan, he's all hollywood through and through. I don't see Texas falling for a bad actor as Governor.

ADVERTISEMENT