ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas vs aggy

This is hardly a news flash. They replaced 4 starters with inexperienced players. Including a freshman center.

Arkansas dominated the front with a 3 man rush, which pretty much killed anything A&M wanted to try. Calzada had nowhere to go with it, and if he did his inexperience showed.

Better team won, Ags were overrated as they are prone to be.

Yes, a&m had to replace four starters. What happened though is injuries on the OL. They are razor thin now. What are your feelings on Calzada and King? Do you think that they are going to cut it in the SEC?

Yes, a&m had to replace four starters. What happened though is injuries on the OL. They are razor thin now. What are your feelings on Calzada and King? Do you think that they are going to cut it in the SEC?
If they can stay upright and not panic and get rid of the ball, maybe. I am not sold on either.

Both get happy feet. I was a fan of Mond when most of the Aggie fanbase was not. He couldn't hit the deep ball, and was wildly inconsistent, but dude was tough as nails and would run the ball for first downs. Nobody on the QB roster has shown that ability.

If they can stay upright and not panic and get rid of the ball, maybe. I am not sold on either.

Both get happy feet. I was a fan of Mond when most of the Aggie fanbase was not. He couldn't hit the deep ball, and was wildly inconsistent, but dude was tough as nails and would run the ball for first downs. Nobody on the QB roster has shown that ability.

The last good QB that a&m had was Manziel. I had to laugh out loud when Jimbo said that both Calzada and King will play in the NFL. Sorry man, but both of those QB's are SHSU/SFA type of QB's. Neither have any business playing for a&m and in the SEC. It boggles my mind that that's the best QB's that a&m has to put on the field.

True. How about Arkie with that 3 man rush? No. 55 is a beast. And it looks like they primarily play the same guys upfront all game, not much substituting. Impressive
I told folks Arky’s D is legit. They have 2 NTs they sub. Both NTs and the DEs are monsters. Barry Odom from Mizzu has done a good job with the D.
We missed a few assignments on the OL when we played them but mainly it was a barroom brawl and we got our ass kicked.

Aggies are in the doldrums this morning. I can't even get my aggie buddies to respond to simple sincere text messages.

"You alive?"
"You guys ok?"
"Want to grab steak and eggs at Max & Louie's?My treat....?"

When you can't get a response to free steak and eggs, you know it's off the rails.

Alrighty...I got back from my trip to Jerry World last night and watched the game again. A couple of things to respond here. First, Calzada is really bad which is no secret. He just doesn't have it, and he can't be coached INTO it. He is just bad and it looks like if he is leading the way then this is going to be a long season with 3-4 losses..or more.

I don't agree yet that King is bad. I don't think he is GREAT, but I do think he can be a quarterback who can move the ball and compliment the running game. Don't get me wrong, I am ready for Connor Weigman. I think he is a legit stud who reminds me a lot of Manziel in things he can do. Eli Stowers is getting more reps at quarterback which that doesn't really excite me either. There was a reason he was moved to tight end.

The O-line has not played well, but that to me is injury and communication related. Kenyon Green who is an All-American has moved from right guard, to right tackle to left tackle in 1 game due to injuries. We have 2 freshmen playing on the line and many moving parts with injuries. The report card there is incomplete. I think they will get better as the season goes if they can get healthy.

Jimbo's play calling stumps the hell out of me. When it was 17-10 and we had the momentum going in the 3rd quarter with 7 minutes he runs Achane who gets 8 and then he turns it over to Calzada again and puts 4 straight passes in his hands. A&M had started to get a push from the o-line and then Spiller never touched the ball after his long run and Achane had 5 carries total. They don't put the ball in their best athlete's hands.

At the end of the day I still don't think Arkansas is THAT good. If we had ANY offense or a quarterback worth a dern, we win by 2 touchowns. Self inflicted penalties, BAD quarterback play(everyone has made Calzada look bad, not just Arkansas. I will be taking Georgia to cover big time. They are better than they have been, but I'm not sold on Arkansas. A&M is just not that good right now offensively. I'm not sure they can beat Miss State.

Good win for Texas. Tech I don't think is very good either, but Texas still looked good doing what they are doing. 70 is a lot to hang on someone no matter who they are. Defensively they are still a bit shaky, but they should continue to put up points.

Thanks for posting BBA. A few things:

• Yes, Calzada is bad. Very bad. His accuracy is just awful. At this point, why not give Stowers an opportunity? He can't be any worse than Calzada. There are no guarantees that King will get the offense turned around when he comes back. a&m has some pretty serious QB and OL issues. Connor Weigman is a very talented QB and also a very good baseball player. He should tear it up in his senior season on the diamond at Bridgeland. I wonder if there is a chance that he might go baseball if he were a first-round MLB pick and not make it to aggieland?
  • a&m’s strength is definitely their running game. Both Spiller and Achane are studs and can take it to the house on any given carry. It’s a head scratcher that Fisher doesn’t ram both of these guys down opposing team’s throats. Also, TE Jalen Wydermyer is a can’t miss NFL player who they need to use more.
  • Arkansas is a good team. KJ Jefferson makes them go. If he doesn’t get hurt I think that the Hogs would have scored a couple of more touchdowns and won easily. If Jefferson’s not 100% healthy they have no chance against Georgia this weekend. Georgia’s defense is for real, and is probably the best in CFB.
  • Yes, a&m shot themselves in the foot with way too many penalties, and Fisher’s play calling wasn’t good. The a&m defense is good, but the ags have no offense. None. I see at least three more losses this year. I do think that a&m does beat MSU this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT