ADVERTISEMENT

Austin FC: Do you care?

Dude, no soccer player "did a number on me, or some such". I just can't stand the sport of kickball. It's BORING. If you like it, cool. Not sure why you continue to make incessant comments towards me about it. If you don't like what I post, then scroll right on past. Sorry if the word "kickball" gets on your nerves. 😆

"Kickball" is a fun sport especially if beer is involved. Soccer will crush you at the highest level. Its just wrong to equate Kickball to soccer.

LonghornMM must be Jim Rome.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
"Kickball" is a fun sport especially if beer is involved. Soccer will crush you at the highest level. Its just wrong to equate Kickball to soccer.

LonghornMM must be Jim Rome.

Beer is always good, no matter what sport! Thing about soccer is, you have to be in incredible shape with how many miles you must run during a game. Still, a 1-0 soccer game just doesn't do it for me. I'm not a Jim Rome fan, but I wish I had his bank account, lol.

Every sport is more exciting if you have something vested. I’m not a big soccer fan but when the US plays Olympic or World Cup games (apparently the women’s team only these days) I dig it and really get into it.

But for that matter I also watched curling with eager anticipation when the US team made a run in the last Winter Olympics. I believe this defines being a fan regardless of sport.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Every sport is more exciting if you have something vested. I’m not a big soccer fan but when the US plays Olympic or World Cup games (apparently the women’s team only these days) I dig it and really get into it.

But for that matter I also watched curling with eager anticipation when the US team made a run in the last Winter Olympics. I believe this defines being a fan regardless of sport.

The Olympics is fun and all, but it’s a youth tournament on the Men’s side. Not many care.

We missed 1 WC on the men’s side since 1990

Ok you football fans, and LMM, we got Minnesota United tonight. This is a winnable game. Let’s get a 2 game win streak going!

I can't wait for Euro 2020... ya i know. It's arguably the best tournament soccer has. It's regularly won by underdogs and it's always the best soccer on display.

They need to work on their finishing and one touch balls. Otherwise a good looking team all things considered. A little more team speed would be nice, but hey this isn't Machester City.
Agreed. They missed a couple opportunities, but at the same time, to much time in the 2nd half spent in their side of the field.

Beer is always good, no matter what sport! Thing about soccer is, you have to be in incredible shape with how many miles you must run during a game. Still, a 1-0 soccer game just doesn't do it for me. I'm not a Jim Rome fan, but I wish I had his bank account, lol.

People who are looking for instant gratification all the time may not appreciate soccer. One also needs a longer attention span to appreciate the sport. If you expect a milestone to be hit every 5 seconds soccer is not your sport.

People who are looking for instant gratification all the time may not appreciate soccer. One also needs a longer attention span to appreciate the sport. If you expect a milestone to be hit every 5 seconds soccer is not your sport.

I will keep saying that people need to actually go see a game in person and they will be pleasantly surprised. If you can't handle nonstop action that is over and under 2 hours then something is wrong with you.

I understand that goals are not scored every 30 seconds but there is a lot more going on and when a goal is scored it is a really big deal. People seem to forget that both teams are also actively trying to prevent the other team from scoring.

They need to work on their finishing and one touch balls. Otherwise a good looking team all things considered. A little more team speed would be nice, but hey this isn't Machester City.

They'll flame out IMO. Expansion team and thus very little depth. Relying on veteran players currently. I'm not sold on Wolff as a tactician yet. Of course, I don't know many ex-forwards that are.

Besler, Lima, Fagundez, etc. are quality, not spectacular, veterans to rely on in season 1. I'm excited to see Seb Berhalter and Johan Romana develop. That is a couple of very solid u23 prospects AFC have. Brady Scott is another one in goal. I hope they give him some minutes this year, or at least some cup fixtures.

I can't wait for Euro 2020... ya i know. It's arguably the best tournament soccer has. It's regularly won by underdogs and it's always the best soccer on display.

With all the stats now kept in the sport, Fantasy Euro is a legitimate thing! I'm pumped too. I agree, the quality match to match is greater than the World Cup.

Denmark 92, Greece 04 are the only underdogs I can think of. I guess you consider Portugal an underdog? I wouldn't disagree except they have one of the best 5 players of all time on their side.

They certainly are not Germany, France, Spain though, that is for sure.

No, I got it. lol.

Was just saying that calling soccer "football" is too confusing for me. I'm American. Football is played with an egg. Soccer is played with a round object.

You still missed it. I was referring to the real "football" season that starts in September.

Reactions: NativeTex
No, I got it. lol.

Was just saying that calling soccer "football" is too confusing for me. I'm American. Football is played with an egg. Soccer is played with a round object.

It is very easy for me to call soccer football because that is actually what it is. It was invented as such. I still call the American game football but the original is definitely football.

"Soccer" comes out of "Association Football" for those that don't know.

Last edited:
Game 4 tonight versus Kansas City on FS1.

And goooaaalll! 1-0.
Looking for a 3 game winning streak.

Ring totally screwed the team tonight. I love Stuart Holden. He's always spot on. Ring is out there just running into people and the ref gave him all kinds of chances. After Ring was sent off it changed everything.

Ring totally screwed the team tonight. I love Stuart Holden. He's always spot on. Ring is out there just running into people and the ref gave him all kinds of chances. After Ring was sent off it changed everything.
Agree. Totally changed the game.

On a related note I didn't like the black back of the home shirt at first but it actually looks ok with the name and number on it. Anyway, here's hoping the team can bounce back after a crappy second half against KC.

ADVERTISEMENT