ADVERTISEMENT

Austin FC: Do you care?

Ended up losing 2-0, but played a better 2nd half.
Guys looking tired, but to be expected playing first 8 games on the road. New stadium opens in June, and looks awesome by the way.

What channel was the game on today? I was out and tried to find it on my phone but I could not locate it anywhere.

Well, I guess I hope y’all’s soccer team does alright. I give a coupl sh!ts less about soccer than NBA. Thunder included. But I really hope y’all have a good FB team and we still beat ya’ll. Big 12 gotta have more high draft picks or we are all just fighting to be the skinny kid at fat camp. Just sayin

ESPN is buying up every single tv rights to every single league anyone gives a shit about...and then putting it on their pay for view app.

But then they black shit out.

I pay for the ESPN plus app so I can watch soccer games that are not on the main broadcast networks. I also pay for the Peacock app for the same reason. It absolutely blew my mind that the game was not on anything anywhere. This isn't 1995 where the only place you can watch soccer in the United States is on the Spanish language channel.

I pay for the ESPN plus app so I can watch soccer games that are not on the main broadcast networks. I also pay for the Peacock app for the same reason. It absolutely blew my mind that the game was not on anything anywhere. This isn't 1995 where the only place you can watch soccer in the United States is on the Spanish language channel.

I watch Champions League on TUDN. It is more pleasing to the ear than the boring English commentators.

Lost tonight to Nashville 1-0, but had a goal taken away.
We deserved to lose with f ups, but that hurt.

Mexican fans are passionate. It’s all they have and all they are given in the world of sports.

Always have been.
It was a fun game to watch with the high emotions both on the field and in the stands.
What I don't like is that it seems the media is jumping all over ALL the fans, when in fact I believe it was just the Mexico fans doing all the homophobic chants, not US fans. Am I correct in that?

Reactions: DrinkToIt
It was a fun game to watch with the high emotions both on the field and in the stands.
What I don't like is that it seems the media is jumping all over ALL the fans, when in fact I believe it was just the Mexico fans doing all the homophobic chants, not US fans. Am I correct in that?
Yes, it's the Mexican fans that are responsible for the Puto chants and the throwing of water bottles. Watch tonight's game and tell me how many US and Costa Rican fans are throwing water bottles onto the field. It's always the Mexican fans.

Well, Austin FC tied with KSC yesterday and gained 1pt. KSC is a top league team and we have almost beaten them twice now.
What I didn't like was that we were always on the defense. Our goalie was outstanding.
Next week we have our first home game against San Jose. Before that though, the WNST plays Wednesday against Nigeria.

Reactions: weevilcatch
BTW those jerseys are hideous. Whoever designed them needs to be fired. That's not even red on the stripes. Its like Laffy Taffy pink. They might look better on the men but they made all the women look fat in the torso. Horrible horrible design.

Tonight at 8PM vs San Jose. Opening night at the Q2 for the team. Not sure what channel.
Good luck to the boys!

No way. A UT football game that lasts 4 hours with 20 commercial breaks compared to 90 minute fast paced game over in under 2 hours? You need to go to a real pro soccer game. It will change your mind.
No it won't. One of God's greatest anatomical gifts to man is the hand. You know, that whole thumb thing and all. To create a so-called sport that all but eliminates that, is just moronic to me. People said Oh you'll change when your kids play. I changed, I hated it even more.
You guys enjoy it, that's great, but save the sermonizing on what the rest of us are missing.

No it won't. One of God's greatest anatomical gifts to man is the hand. You know, that whole thumb thing and all. To create a so-called sport that all but eliminates that, is just moronic to me. People said Oh you'll change when your kids play. I changed, I hated it even more.
You guys enjoy it, that's great, but save the sermonizing on what the rest of us are missing.

I can't use my hands waaaaah. Lol ok. Haters gonna hate.

I can't use my hands waaaaah. Lol ok. Haters gonna hate.
Correct. That's my point. Soccer is like red hair or meatloaf; you either like it or you don't. I don't enjoy it. OP asked a question; I gave an answer. What I truly do not understand is why you aficionados feel so compelled to make converts out of the rest of us.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT