ADVERTISEMENT

Austin

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
BLM got ya number!

'It seems systematic': Doctors group finds 115 cases of head injuries from crowd control weapons during nationwide protests
Jordan Culver, USA TODAY
September 14, 2020, 8:56 AM CDT

At least 115 people were injured this summer when police shot them in the head or neck with so-called "less-lethal" projectiles at protests over racial injustice and police brutality, according to a report published Monday.
It's the most comprehensive tally of such injuries to date, with about twice as many victims as USA TODAY and Kaiser Health News cited in a July examination of how police across the U.S. wielded the weapons to control crowds.
But Physicians for Human Rights, the organization that compiled the incidents, believes even its figures are an undercount because its analysis is based on publicly-available data and excluded some reports without adequate evidence.
The organization identified Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, and Los Angeles as hotspots during the period studied, May 26 to July 27.

C.J. Montano, in the hospital after attending a Los Angeles protest, where the police shot a projectile at his head. The Marine was hospitalized in the intensive care unit due to bleeding in his brain. (Courtesy of CJ Montano)More
Abigail Rodas, who was shot in the jaw with a rubber bullet on May 30, was one of the victims in Los Angeles, according to a lawsuit filed against the city and the police chief on behalf of Black Lives Matter Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Community Action Network and 14 people, including six who were struck with projectiles.
According to the suit, Rodas was leaving a protest when she “was struck in the face by a projectile and momentarily lost consciousness.”
A steel plate was used to repair her jawbone, the lawsuit says. She couldn't talk for about 10 days and could drink only liquids for a week, it says.
“Nearly three weeks after the injury, she has screws in her gums and rubber bands to immobilize her jaw while the bones rejoin,” the suit says.
The city denied the allegations in a court filing, saying any use of force "was reasonable and necessary for self-defense."
Protests shine light on use of 'less lethal' weapons
The sheer number of incidents in those two months was shocking, said Dr. Rohini Haar, the lead investigator for the analysis and an emergency physician in Oakland, California.
“It seems systematic," Haar said. "It seems like there needs to be a reckoning with the use of force in protests."
'Protests shouldn’t end in people being blinded': Cities, states begin to ban police use of rubber bullets
Rochester protests: We know about injuries to police last Saturday night. What about injuries to protesters?
The projectiles in question are often called "rubber bullets," but in law enforcement they're known as "kinetic impact projectiles."
They include plastic projectiles tipped with hard sponge or foam, "bean bag" rounds that consist of fabric socks containing metal shot, and "Sting-Balls" — grenades that spray hard rubber pellets. The report also cites incidents in which tear gas canisters were fired at people.

Denver Police shoot a pepper ball at a man as he retreats during a protest outside the State Capitol over the death of George Floyd, Saturday, May 30, 2020, in Denver.More
Though the weapons are referred to as "less lethal," Haar said there should be a shift to language that acknowledges how dangerous they can be. “Weapons are just as lethal as somebody wants them to be,” she said.
A study published in 2017 in the medical journal BMJ Open, which Haar co-authored, found that 3% of people hit by projectiles worldwide died. Fifteen percent of the 1,984 people studied were permanently injured.
In a letter to the editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, a group of Austin doctors said 19 patients were treated for bean bag-related wounds at the downtown hospital closest to the protests over two days in late May.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/seems-systematic-doctors-group-finds-130029525.html

Nothing safe

Reactions: MATF
Don't shoot us with lead because it will kill us.

Ok, we will use tazers.

Don't use tazers because it could kill someone with a heart condition!

Ok, we will use rubber bullets and bean bags.

Don't use rubber bullets or bean bags because they hurt too much!

Lead doesn't hurt. Lead to the head, at least.

I prefer we go back to lead, less repeat offenders.

Oh, and Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Reactions: mm42
“Protest” are not rioting and looting. If you’re rioting and looting so sorry but I don’t feel for you. If you’re protesting then cops shouldn’t be shooting anyone with anything.

This. Police want to shoot this stuff at rioters, which is less than 1% of those that attend these protests, that's justified. What is abhorrent is story after story, much of it on video, of genuinely peaceful protesters being shot by police. It shocks me why anyone would be surprised that so many Americans are pissed at the police.

Reactions: outhereincali
Yes, let's just allow police to be judge, jury, and executioner anytime they think someone deserves it.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So stupid. Libs are the first to cry help when a conservative is kicking the shit out of them. If i were a cop, I'd look the other way.

I don’t trust police enough to ask them to be judge dread and if you do you’re a fool. I’ve had incidents that I was totally innocent nothing to do with it just to be accused, threatened and handcuffed. Way to many hot head bro cops if you ask me. I don’t hate cops I just don’t trust them to always have good intentions. If I break the law I expect repercussions depending on the severity. Driving down a road passing a stop sign shouldn’t warrant an attitude or disrespectful back and forth. Protesting shouldn’t warrant rubber bullets. Riots and looting well you get what you get. If you’re part of a protest that turns into rioting my suggestion is beat the shit out of those folks or get the hell out. They’re representing you even if you don’t want them too.

I don’t trust police enough to ask them to be judge dread and if you do you’re a fool. I’ve had incidents that I was totally innocent nothing to do with it just to be accused, threatened and handcuffed. Way to many hot head bro cops if you ask me. I don’t hate cops I just don’t trust them to always have good intentions. If I break the law I expect repercussions depending on the severity. Driving down a road passing a stop sign shouldn’t warrant an attitude or disrespectful back and forth. Protesting shouldn’t warrant rubber bullets. Riots and looting well you get what you get. If you’re part of a protest that turns into rioting my suggestion is beat the shit out of those folks or get the hell out. They’re representing you even if you don’t want them too.

What would be a better system than our current police force? There are roving groups of black and white feral yute assaulting people at will. If one stands up to them, he/she is likely to go to jail.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
What would be a better system than our current police force? There are roving groups of black and white feral yute assaulting people at will. If one stands up to them, he/she is likely to go to jail.

I don’t think you read my post. I said if you are looting and rioting that’s on you if a store owner takes your life for robbing them well that’s on the person stealing. Me saying I wouldn’t trust a cop to be Judge Dread in meaning shooting and killing me on the spot no thanks who wants that? Seen too many people wrongly accused by police for them to have that much power. I say all this and have a very close friend that is an HPD officer. We have our differences but just hearing the way he speaks differently than when he wasn’t tells me there’s issues in training and this code they all believe in. Again don’t hate cops just don’t trust them to make a judgement about my life. In my 42 years on this earth I have never called a cop for anything. Hope I never will. I actually laugh at these fools jumping on cars and expecting the person just to sit idle. I’d take off running people over if you think you can bust my windows out and assault me.

42d4bdd4a69b0e3d438172b2d3fc4c3217ad84ea.gifv

Last edited:
Yes, let's just allow police to be judge, jury, and executioner anytime they think someone deserves it.....

We are letting these assholes attack our police with laser lights, throw rocks, and other things at them. Time to take the handcuffs off of our police and let them do their job. These assholes need to know you attack our police you might die.

Keep in mind, this shit isn't new, it happened in the 1970's but not on the level it is happening now, the reason for it is these leftest are backed by the Democrat party.

I'm good with spilling their blood and putting them in the ground. I'm equally good with sending these people to Guantanamo Bay and forcing them to talk about who is pulling the strings and who is funding them. These assholes are extremely organized and very well funded.

Reactions: westx

Here's what happens--- first the "peaceful" folks come in and do their thing. It's staged that way so that when the second crew comes in, the antagonists, the first group can say "hey, we were peacefully protesting"-- and the antagonists introduced the violence.
Now I grant you, a good portion of those people intended all along to remain peaceful, but when the ass holes show up (and don't kid yourself, the ass holes are brought in BY DESIGN) the ass holes then begin throwing stuff and breaking things and a LARGE PORTION of the ”peaceful” folks end up joining the ass holes.
When you go from being peaceful to breaking sh!t and burning sh!t and ruining people's lives and businesses--- I'm sorry, but you're going to get gassed. If you're a "peaceful" protestor that's STUPID enough to stick around after the ass holes show up, then by proxy, you're now an ass hole.

And mark my words, at some point the ass holes will get stupid enough to roll up into a community that won't tolerate it. A community full of small locally owned businesses. A community full of people that have their life savings and livelihoods invested in their small business. And if they act like ass holes in that small community, there will be a massacre.

Several months ago after the Austin and San Antonio riots, two nights after actually, these folks showed up in my town-- New Braunfels. They knew to a person that they'd entered the "no fvcking around town" . I know this because I went downtown. I walked among them. I acted like I was one of them. They told me their stories. They all knew there were cities you could get away with things and there were cities they couldn't. They knew the NB protest was just for show. A way of showing that they weren't "afraid" to go to the suburbs.

It proved to me that they do have a sense of self preservation. But the true believers will be the ones that cross the line. And if that ever happens, and I hope to God it doesn't, it will be one of the worst disasters in American history.

And if that ever happens, and I hope to God it doesn't, it will be one of the worst disasters in American history.

I like to think of it as Darwin would, eliminating the weak from the herd to keep the genetics strong. When I see these rioters, I see a lot of weak stupid kids who should not be allowed to pass their genetics on to the next generation.

In that regard, it will be a win for science and for society in general.

2 weeks ago police in Salt Lake City shot a 13 year old boy with autism multiple times.

The boys name is Linden Cameron. He was having an episode because his mother was going back to work in more than a year. She called 911 and explained what was going on. She said he has a hard time regulating most people with autism are like that. He was acting out. He wanted attention.

So the SLC police arrive and the boy is screaming saying he is going to hurt someone and he has a gun. The mom is
pleading that he has autism and is not a threat and that he doesn't have a gun. So what do the police do when he starts to run away? Do they taser him? No. Do they shoot him with rubber bullets? No. Do they tackle him which was the best thing to do? No. Even with knowledge that he had autism. The police shot the boy multiple times. From behind. He's fighting for his life.

A 13 year old boy with autism shot from behind multiple times. Now how are you guys going to explain this one?

Last edited:
2 weeks ago police in Salt Lake City shot a 13 year old boy with autism multiple times.

The boys name is Linden Cameron. He was having an episode because his mother was going back to work in more than a year. She called 911 and explained what was going on. She said he has a hard time regulating most people with autism are like that. He was acting out. He wanted attention.

So the SLC police arrive and the boy is screaming saying he is going to hurt someone and he has a gun. The mom is
pleading that he has autism and is not a threat and that he doesn't have a gun. So what do the police do when he starts to run away? Do they taser him? No. Do they shoot him with rubber bullets? No. Do they tackle him which was the best thing to do? No. Even with knowledge that he had autism. The police shot the boy multiple times. From behind. He's fighting for his life.

A 13 year old boy with autism shot from behind multiple times. Now how are you guys going to explain this one?

Like This! 21 times, its called Overkill...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-p...LnzDxug4x5Hu6APNPFAPWbCbWO8p1GpcgPc7beTlC9tGU

Here's what happens--- first the "peaceful" folks come in and do their thing. It's staged that way so that when the second crew comes in, the antagonists, the first group can say "hey, we were peacefully protesting"-- and the antagonists introduced the violence.
Now I grant you, a good portion of those people intended all along to remain peaceful, but when the ass holes show up (and don't kid yourself, the ass holes are brought in BY DESIGN) the ass holes then begin throwing stuff and breaking things and a LARGE PORTION of the ”peaceful” folks end up joining the ass holes.
When you go from being peaceful to breaking sh!t and burning sh!t and ruining people's lives and businesses--- I'm sorry, but you're going to get gassed. If you're a "peaceful" protestor that's STUPID enough to stick around after the ass holes show up, then by proxy, you're now an ass hole.

And mark my words, at some point the ass holes will get stupid enough to roll up into a community that won't tolerate it. A community full of small locally owned businesses. A community full of people that have their life savings and livelihoods invested in their small business. And if they act like ass holes in that small community, there will be a massacre.

Several months ago after the Austin and San Antonio riots, two nights after actually, these folks showed up in my town-- New Braunfels. They knew to a person that they'd entered the "no fvcking around town" . I know this because I went downtown. I walked among them. I acted like I was one of them. They told me their stories. They all knew there were cities you could get away with things and there were cities they couldn't. They knew the NB protest was just for show. A way of showing that they weren't "afraid" to go to the suburbs.

It proved to me that they do have a sense of self preservation. But the true believers will be the ones that cross the line. And if that ever happens, and I hope to God it doesn't, it will be one of the worst disasters in American history.
We missed out on a real zombie apocalypse so there's tons of us "stupid country folk" that have an over abundance of ammo begging to be used. No, they won't venture outside urban areas because although they might be dumb, they aren't stupid.

No need to call the cops if nobody knows they came to visit my neck of the woods, if you catch my drift.

Yes.

I will explain it.

Some people have no business being cops. Period. Full stop.

Now that I've addressed that. May I also say that ---- some ppl have no business being teachers.

Some people have no business being doctors.

Some people have no business being lawyers.

Some people have no business being nurses.

Some people have no business being fireworks salesmen.

Cali-- I get it. Cops are given awesome responsibilities. They are tasked with a weapon that has the power to take life. And some of them just aren't up to the task. The same can be said about soldiers, and the list of people I included above.
But we can't damn every cop, soldier, doctor, teacher etc.
And there's no grand conspiracy in law enforcement that has this master plan to "kill blackie" and "let whitey" run free.

There are assholes in every profession. Period. Are ther racist cops? I'm sure there are. Some hate blacks. And (hold your breath) some hate whites. Are there racist doctors? Of course. Heck, I had a doctor in Gabon that wouldn't see me because I was white.

It's not a grand scheme. 98% of anericans want to do the right thing. It's the 2% that actually make the other 98 of us look like assholes.

And then we are forced to choose sides. The nedia makes us choose sides. The internet makes us choose sides. Our neighbors make us choose sides.

And that's how we end up with a fraction of a % of cops, doing some dumbass sh!t.

Nobody is perfect. Hold the individual to account--- not his defenders.

There are assholes in every profession. Period. Are ther racist cops? I'm sure there are. Some hate blacks. And (hold your breath) some hate whites. Are there racist doctors? Of course. Heck, I had a doctor in Gabon that wouldn't see me because I was white.

After reading this it got me thinking. I had completely forgot that there are a lot of racist I know and I mean a lot of them. I've been to New York a number of times. I know a lot of New Yorkers and I can tell you from experience that they are some of the most racist people I've ever met. Black people hate white people, Latin people hate black people and white people. Italians hate everyone. Everyone hates the Jews.

It's tribal in that city, you stick to your own. I've lived in the following cities and never saw anything like that. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Charlston SC.

I've seen intolerance, I've seen ignorance, but only in New York have I've seen real Racism.

Reactions: freeper
George Washington said it about government, but it applies to policing: Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a minute should it be left to irresponsible action.

Yes.

I will explain it.

Now that I've addressed that. May I also say that ---- some ppl have no business being teachers.

Cali-- I get it. Cops are given awesome responsibilities. They are tasked with a weapon that has the power to take life. And some of them just aren't up to the task. The same can be said about soldiers, and the list of people I included above.
And there's no grand conspiracy in law enforcement that has this master plan to "kill blackie" and "let whitey" run free.

It's not a grand scheme. 98% of anericans want to do the right thing. It's the 2% that actually make the other 98 of us look like assholes.

And then we are forced to choose sides. The nedia makes us choose sides. The internet makes us choose sides. Our neighbors make us choose sides.

And that's how we end up with a fraction of a % of cops, doing some dumbass sh!t.

Look Clob94 I like cops and respect what they do. And yes the majority of the cops are good officers your 98% is about right. But I'm getting angry that young people with no record are getting shot. And if you think its just young black and latino people Linden Cameron is white and there are. other white kids who have experienced what he has. You're right there are too many cops who are not up to the responsibility of law enforcement. It seems like if someone says I have a gun when its obvious they don't, when they don't bother to take charge of the situation, and they just shoot first makes me angry and disgusted. I have stated on here before that law enforcement attracts sociopaths that 2% slips through without being noticed before its to late and I don't blame cops that. For this to end qualified immunity has to stop. You do that and the police should be to weed out the bad guys. Now people will read that and insult me cause they don't like my opinions. That's fine but people need to understand this issue is about the message not the messanger.
When this happens again and it will think of Linden Cameron, Tamir Rice, and the others.

Look Clob94 I like cops and respect what they do. And yes the majority of the cops are good officers your 98% is about right. But I'm getting angry that young people with no record are getting shot. And if you think its just young black and latino people Linden Cameron is white and there are. other white kids who have experienced what he has. You're right there are too many cops who are not up to the responsibility of law enforcement. It seems like if someone says I have a gun when its obvious they don't, when they don't bother to take charge of the situation, and they just shoot first makes me angry and disgusted. I have stated on here before that law enforcement attracts sociopaths that 2% slips through without being noticed before its to late and I don't blame cops that. For this to end qualified immunity has to stop. You do that and the police should be to weed out the bad guys. Now people will read that and insult me cause they don't like my opinions. That's fine but people need to understand this issue is about the message not the messanger.
When this happens again and it will think of Linden Cameron, Tamir Rice, and the others.

I have said this in the past. the vast majority of cops being hired are former soldiers of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

These are men who have been trained to kill and who have experience killing. Now we are asking them to go against their training to do a job just as dangerous. Like the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Or in this case you can't teach a killer to not kill when put in a similar situation where their first trained impulse is to kill.

I'll be honest, I could not be a cop, with all the abuse they are getting, I probably would have already gone on a killing spree with these assholes.
Instead of tossing our police under the bus, we need to give them more training, better resources, and help making them understand we need them. I guarantee you these guys are just going to say screw it, and begin to ignore us when we need help or worse, turn into dirty cops looking for big money from organized crime because if they can't escape the abuse at least they can get paid and be appreciated by drug lords who appreciate their service.

I agree. Qualified immunity can't be something that's just handed out. Remember when the issue was that cops were corrupt so we needed all cops to wear body cams? Well, pretty much all cops are now wearing body cams. The problem with wearing body cams is that there are certain folks that take that footage and edit it to suit their agenda. This edited footage whips people into a frenzy, and by the time the full footage is released, and the full story comes to light, the damage outrage is already done. It's the old newspaper trick of screaming the accusation on the front page, and then whispering the retraction on page 20 a few months later.

You must ask yourself why this is done. It's done to manipulate you. We live, statistically speaking, in pretty much the safest time in human history. We must all realize that crime will never be eliminated completely. It won't. Corrupt cops will never be eliminated completely. There will always be a small % of ass holes in any profession. Our job as the public is to hold the ass holes accountable.

How do we do this?

It starts with local elections.

Mayors appoint the police chief. The police chief is responsible for hiring the right officers and implementing the correct agenda.

Too often, police in larger cities are the cops accused of things like this. Larger cities are almost exclusively governed by a certain political party. It's odd that the media hasn't brought that to anyone's attention yet--- ain't it?
Now don't think for a moment that I believe that if another political group were elected that there would be no more bad cops doing stupid crap. There would be. It's inevitable. But the fact that the media won't even utter this little fact should tell you that the noise being created about this is as much political as it is about minorities.
They are playing all of us against each other to accomplish their agenda.

Yes.

I will explain it.

There are two problems with your assertion. The major one is that there are very few professions out there where virtually all the other members of any given profession blindly step forward and defend the actions of those that "have no business" being in said profession the way cops do. Cops have a long history in this country of covering up for each other even when incontrovertibly bad deeds have been done by their peers in a way that doctors, lawyers, teachers and countless other professionals rarely do.

The lesser problem, and still a fairly serious one, is that white supremacist groups have in fact been working for some time to recruit their members to become police. This is a fact. Not saying that all or even anything close to a majority of cops are members of these groups, but the percentage is significantly higher than in over all society.

Reactions: outhereincali
After reading this it got me thinking. I had completely forgot that there are a lot of racist I know and I mean a lot of them. I've been to New York a number of times. I know a lot of New Yorkers and I can tell you from experience that they are some of the most racist people I've ever met. Black people hate white people, Latin people hate black people and white people. Italians hate everyone. Everyone hates the Jews.

It's tribal in that city, you stick to your own. I've lived in the following cities and never saw anything like that. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Charlston SC.

I've seen intolerance, I've seen ignorance, but only in New York have I've seen real Racism.

Strange, but my Latino wife and I live in Dallas, but have spent lots of time all across Texas, as well as in New York, and she is far, far more likely to be on the receiving end of racism in Dallas, Austin, or Houston than she is in New York.

There are two problems with your assertion. The major one is that there are very few professions out there where virtually all the other members of any given profession blindly step forward and defend the actions of those that "have no business" being in said profession the way cops do. Cops have a long history in this country of covering up for each other even when incontrovertibly bad deeds have been done by their peers in a way that doctors, lawyers, teachers and countless other professionals rarely do.

The lesser problem, and still a fairly serious one, is that white supremacist groups have in fact been working for some time to recruit their members to become police. This is a fact. Not saying that all or even anything close to a majority of cops are members of these groups, but the percentage is significantly higher than in over all society.

Linky? Need proof...

Strange, but my Latino wife and I live in Dallas, but have spent lots of time all across Texas, as well as in New York, and she is far, far more likely to be on the receiving end of racism in Dallas, Austin, or Houston than she is in New York.

My wife is Mexican American and i have never seen a white person be racist toward her. Comments about Mexicans, well sometimes. Now her family, they don't hold back. I have heard anti-white and anti-black from them and lots of it. Mostly the older generations. Are there racists in my german-irish-english family? Absolutely, but they aren't on the streets killing people.

Edit: Do the racist things my in-laws or family say cause me to love them less, no. Most of the things they say make me laugh. I direct them in the right way and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lampasas
Sometimes, I think all of you on here are full of chit. Blaming soldiers now? Go Fvck yourself in the butt real hard for that stupid ass comment with Bevo's horns.

Blaming Cops for a tiny minuscule amount of shootings when 99.9% of the time they are shooting at an A-Hoe trying to kill them, but blame the police officer. Go head. Blame whitey too. Burn down a business or building or go shoot 3 white people in Louisville for no reason. Funny not getting stories on angry black man wearing a Remember t-shirt and going inside a restaurant and killing three white people. Where are the marches for those three white people murdered by angry black man?

Fvck Off you BLM crap-fest socialists. I am sick of all Dems and BLM crap. OUTinCali is always crying about this or that perceived bs but his chithole State is a hot mess of fvck. Do not bring the rest of our country down your chithole because I do not live like someone in the ghetto and do not ever plan to. If OutinCali lives in such a racists State like californiasucks then he should move the fvck out.

As for me, before I can get to the Station in my pickup truck, she got run over by a damn ole train, I will shoot to kill any Socialist who steps on my land. Fvck Off and have a good ole Longhorn day. Hookem

Latinos and blacks tend to be much more racist than whites have been. I have found that put a little alcohol in a Latino and they let every racial slur come out. A few years back I went to a party where we were watching a Tyson fight (okay, a lot of years back) and I remember this one Latino woman couldn't shut up about how white people can't do this and can't do that.

She was even trying to egg her husband on to fight me. He was a good guy and was completely embarrassed, especially since at the time I was studying martial arts and was in really good shape and could have beaten the dude to death. I finally told her to STFU before I pimp her ass out. Didn't go over too well.

Thing I noticed about black people is they are pretty prejudice against darker skinned black people. Not sure where it comes from, it might be a slave mentality thing, but it is out there.

ADVERTISEMENT