ADVERTISEMENT

Aww Screw it, I want in those damn playoffs so bad now it isn't funny.

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...loss-felt-college-football-playoff-contenders

After reading this trash article I'm sick of the disrespect Texas is getting. Who beat who? This writer is making it a foregone conclusion that Jokelahoma is going to beat Texas in the Big 12 title game. She writes this crappy article about how the Big 10 lost their chance at getting two teams in the playoffs, guess what, they never had a chance. Both Michigan and Ohio State are weak ass bitches, and neither deserves to be in the playoffs.

Someone needs to remind her it was Texas that beat Oklahoma not the other way around. I really hope Texas finishes the season with just 1 loss, I can't wait to see the look on her face when one loss Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs because Texas had much better wins, including two on Oklahoma and beating common opponent TCU more soundly.

And ESPNs power rankings now have OU top 5 and Texas 9, saying Texas win over OU is the transitive property...They should just give USC the 2006 title since everyone knows they were better right? What a joke.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Someone needs to remind her it was Texas that beat Oklahoma not the other way around. I really hope Texas finishes the season with just 1 loss, I can't wait to see the look on her face when one loss Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs because Texas had much better wins, including two on Oklahoma and beating common opponent TCU more soundly.

This is what happens when you let a cultural anthropology major write a sports column requiring critical analysis of hard data.

Handle our business, the things that in our control, and the rest will fall into place.

However, my eyes still don’t tell me that we are a play-off team. At times, I still see the team that lost to Maryland in most of our games. Tulsa, KSU, Baylor, 4th quarter OU. I fear that it’s going to catch up to us eventually against a Tech, ISU, or WVU. Maybe that’s why analysts are hesitant to give us much love. Fine with me.

Handle our business, the things that in our control, and the rest will fall into place.

However, my eyes still don’t tell me that we are a play-off team. At times, I still see the team that lost to Maryland in most of our games. Tulsa, KSU, Baylor, 4th quarter OU. I fear that it’s going to catch up to us eventually against a Tech, ISU, or WVU. Maybe that’s why analysts are hesitant to give us much love. Fine with me.
Oh it's going to catch up to us. Think of this team As a runaway freight train. We've been lucky enough to simply plow through other opponents thus far while barely navigating the curves of the tracks often times barely clinging to one rail. We are coming off the rails at some point.

Good news is, it will be a great learning experience.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Oh it's going to catch up to us. Think of this team As a runaway freight train. We've been lucky enough to simply plow through other opponents thus far while barely navigating the curves of the tracks often times barely clinging to one rail. We are coming off the rails at some point.

Good news is, it will be a great learning experience.

Unless we continue to improve as the season goes on, in which case, we can win every remaining game.

This lady Heather Dinch is entitled to her opinion. But she's not paying attention to what's going on in the little ten. I'm certain that everyone in that conference is going to lose at least 2 games and in that case they won't be in the playoffs at all. For the second year in a row.

But I'm like the thread starter I'll be happy if we make the playoffs.

Is TX/OSU on national tv next week? It shows a 5pm pdt time which would mean 7pm in OK. I'm happy to be on national tv but OSU isn't that good this year So I'm a little bit surprised.

Is TX/OSU on national tv next week? It shows a 5pm pdt time which would mean 7pm in OK. I'm happy to be on national tv but OSU isn't that good this year So I'm a little bit surprised.

It's 100% because of the size of the Texas fan base. I believe I heard Mack say a couple weeks ago that Texas has 29,000,000(too high imo) avid fans. That's probably more than all the pac 12 fans combined. We could really do some damage with our own network. Take half of that at $10 a month on a stand alone TV network and then throw in advertising and do the math.

And ESPNs power rankings now have OU top 5 and Texas 9, saying Texas win over OU is the transitive property...They should just give USC the 2006 title since everyone knows they were better right? What a joke.
It is settled law in the college world that head to head is irrelevant. See BU/TCU a couple of years ago and Texas/OU a decade ago. I agree with you - I just read Street and Smith's pre season issue then go straight to Basketball season.

Reactions: freeper
Correct. We have the ABC night game. OSU is not good, but Texas is not good enough to make not nervous about a night game in Stillwater.

We are being naive to thing that Sam will be 100%. I like Shane but until he proves that he can bully wins the way Sam does, I am nervous.

We are being naive to thing that Sam will be 100%. I like Shane but until he proves that he can bully wins the way Sam does, I am nervous.

Actually he probably will be 100%. A grade one is nothing. Hell he completed two passes after the injury. Two weeks is plenty of time for that to heal. My fear is they get nervous about it, and cut back on the QB power, which is what makes our offense work.

I believe either QB can get the job done as long as the other guys come to play. I'm hoping this two weeks off helped more than it hurt. Some teams lose focus with the time off.

Actually he probably will be 100%. A grade one is nothing. Hell he completed two passes after the injury. Two weeks is plenty of time for that to heal. My fear is they get nervous about it, and cut back on the QB power, which is what makes our offense work.
Don't know if I've posted this yet, but his little sister is a freshman cheerleader and my bidness partner's son is a freshman football player. She told him sam has a slight tear. Don't know if he just made that sh!t up, he's a good kid, or if she was running her mouth about things she doesn't know..... but that's the dirty.

If they take away Shane’s slants, he will be forced to attempt longer throws than his arm is capable. Shane has a much higher TD to INT ratio.

The online definition of a grade 1 sprain is a slight tearing. So it is consistent. Not sure how much of a tear, but it is part of what makes it a sprain.

I will believe Sam is good to go when I see it. I have never seen shoulder injuries heal very quickly. To make matters worse, Sam needs his shoulder to throw and he is at a huge risk because he runs the ball. I think most of us believed in pre-season that 8-3 or 9-2 would mean a good season. I think we are on track for that. I have heard Heather Dinich before and I think she is a decent analyst. If ou is picked ahead of us in spite of our head to head victory really sucks, but, I understand. ou has been much more consistent this year and the last few years. They have at least one bad loss during each season, but, seem to take care of business the rest of the way and win out to put themselves in great position for whatever happens. Whether it is Sam at QB or Shane, we just don't score very many points. If we are to win out, we need to continue with no injuries and very little to zero turnovers. Just my view of reality.

If they take away Shane’s slants, he will be forced to attempt longer throws than his arm is capable. Shane has a much higher TD to INT ratio.

I'm not concerned about them taking anything away, the Texas receivers are superior to the Dbs that OSU has and there are enough of them that nothing can be taken away.

I said it before, but this is the deepest receiving corp Texas has ever had, and we are seeing it now. We literally have 6 guys that can make big plays. CJ, LJ, Duv, Josh Moore, Burt, and even Beck. That is a lot of weapons. Imagine if we kept Rondale Moore.

All we need is the oline to give Shane time to throw, and for Shane to be a little sharper than he was last week and this will be a blowout.

Reactions: outhereincali
I will believe Sam is good to go when I see it. I have never seen shoulder injuries heal very quickly. To make matters worse, Sam needs his shoulder to throw and he is at a huge risk because he runs the ball. I think most of us believed in pre-season that 8-3 or 9-2 would mean a good season. I think we are on track for that. I have heard Heather Dinich before and I think she is a decent analyst. If ou is picked ahead of us in spite of our head to head victory really sucks, but, I understand. ou has been much more consistent this year and the last few years. They have at least one bad loss during each season, but, seem to take care of business the rest of the way and win out to put themselves in great position for whatever happens. Whether it is Sam at QB or Shane, we just don't score very many points. If we are to win out, we need to continue with no injuries and very little to zero turnovers. Just my view of reality.

Here is where we disagree. The blOwU offense is high powered and one of the best in college football, this is 100% true. However, the only thing consistent about the blOwU defense is their continual suckage. This is not a good unit, and will be their achilles heel the rest of the year. I admit, on any given play they can score, but on any given play they will give up a score.

It's defense that wins championships, and I like our defense better. I especially like us in a rematch because we know what to expect from this this go around and we know we can win. Most importantly, we are disrespected. I would actually expect a much lower scoring game than the first one. But Texas can still beat them.

I will also point our that Heather Dinich is a Indiana grad, that makes her Big 10 bias and you can read it plainly in her reporting. Just the idea that the Big 10 would get two teams in the playoffs was laughable to most of us, but there she is talking about it like it was a real possibility. And she thinks Oklahoma gets in over Undefeated Notre Dame while one loss Texas wouldn't is equally laughable. I guess beating blOwU twice is less impressive than beating Michigan and no one else. Her opinion is worthless.

Here is where we disagree. The blOwU offense is high powered and one of the best in college football, this is 100% true. However, the only thing consistent about the blOwU defense is their continual suckage. This is not a good unit, and will be their achilles heel the rest of the year. I admit, on any given play they can score, but on any given play they will give up a score.

It's defense that wins championships, and I like our defense better. I especially like us in a rematch because we know what to expect from this this go around and we know we can win. Most importantly, we are disrespected. I would actually expect a much lower scoring game than the first one. But Texas can still beat them.

I will also point our that Heather Dinich is a Indiana grad, that makes her Big 10 bias and you can read it plainly in her reporting. Just the idea that the Big 10 would get two teams in the playoffs was laughable to most of us, but there she is talking about it like it was a real possibility. And she thinks Oklahoma gets in over Undefeated Notre Dame while one loss Texas wouldn't is equally laughable. I guess beating blOwU twice is less impressive than beating Michigan and no one else. Her opinion is worthless.

Man I would really like to have 4 16 team conferences. The winner of each league goes to the playoff. I would love for these talking heads to be silenced.

Reactions: freeper

I was only referring to Dinich in the past where i have seen. If she said as you posted, then I agree with you-Too much bias. Don’t get me wrong, If we win out, I believe we are in. As far as blowu, i am just guessing that their chances of winning out are better than our chances of winning out. I hate admitting it, but that is my view without my orange colored glasses on.

Apparently Vegas doesn’t think Sam will be ready as we are only 1.5 point favorites.

I want to go on record as saying if .TX and OK win out and play again on 12/1 than we should tell Jerry Jones screw your ugly a** stadium this is TX/OK and were playing in the Cotton Bowl.

I want to go on record as saying if .TX and OK win out and play again on 12/1 than we should tell Jerry Jones screw your ugly a** stadium this is TX/OK and were playing in the Cotton Bowl.
Ya.... um... not gonna happen. In point of fact, JJ wants that game at his field so he can go on wikipedia and post that two blue bloods like Texas and OU played somewhere other than the cotton bowl. Why you think he fought so hard to get this big 12 Championship game? He wants to be like "ya! I'm jerra! I got Texas and OU to play somewhere otha than that n3gr0 place in fair park!".

Don't kid yourself. Jerry wants to add more to his legacy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT