ADVERTISEMENT

Bama game time announced

Hoookem722

Nov 23, 2019
So it looks like my wish has come true. The Bama game will be a 6 PM kickoff. So glad it's not 11 AM!

We are about to be free of the FOX Big Noon kickoff. I believe this will be the last time we have to suffer an 11 am OU kickoff as well. Yes!!
Yeah I think CDC said that he and the SEC are making that a priority. Would be cool to make it a night game. Does the cotton bowl have lights? I don’t even know

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Yeah I think CDC said that he and the SEC are making that a priority. Would be cool to make it a night game. Does the cotton bowl have lights? I don’t even know
Oh yes it does! The Saturday night before Texas/OU is always the Grambling/Prairie View State Fair Classic. But not sure I would want to be in Fair Park after dark.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
TX/OU will be on ABC. They used to be a 2:30 kickoff before Fox started broadcasting this game.

Oh yes it does! The Saturday night before Texas/OU is always the Grambling/Prairie View State Fair Classic. But not sure I would want to be in Fair Park after dark.
Ok cool I wasn’t sure I have legit never seen a night event there lol

Sure, we get them at the butt crack of dawn and they get us at night when that whole state’s been drinking all day. Sounds fair to me.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Sure, we get them at the butt crack of dawn and they get us at night when that whole state’s been drinking all day. Sounds fair to me.
Oh you think this is about "fair" do ya?

That's f-ng hilarious.

The last year of the SWC, we won the conference championship. The first year of the Big 12- Texas won as well. You think the Big 12 is going to let Texas win the last one on our way out? And do you REALLY think the SEC is going to let us win it on our first year in?

Jesus Christ himself could be coaching Texas in 2024 and the SEC would still make it impossible for Texas to win it in year 1.

• Haha
Reactions: HornDrummer
Oh you think this is about "fair" do ya?

That's f-ng hilarious.

The last year of the SWC, we won the conference championship. The first year of the Big 12- Texas won as well. You think the Big 12 is going to let Texas win the last one on our way out? And do you REALLY think the SEC is going to let us win it on our first year in?

Jesus Christ himself could be coaching Texas in 2024 and the SEC would still make it impossible for Texas to win it in year 1.
Solid take. Should be fun.

On3 has its power rankings out for the B12.

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-lon...-on3s-2023-big-12-post-spring-power-rankings/

Last edited:
Once again you've failed to notice the number of 11 am game times on ESPN.
Just because they have 11 am games, doesn’t mean they treat it as the best time slot. ESPN puts their biggest games on prime time, FOX puts them on at noon. That’s the difference you’re failing to realize.

Nobody cares that ESPN shows Big Al’s Truckstop Tech games at noon.

Just because they have 11 am games, doesn’t mean they treat it as the best time slot. ESPN puts their biggest games on prime time, FOX puts them on at noon. That’s the difference you’re failing to realize.

Nobody cares that ESPN shows Big Al’s Truckstop Tech games at noon.
The number of TX/OK games on at 11 on ESPN. Like the last 2 years and many more games over the last 20 years. Fox had only done 4 TX/OK games.

The number of TX/OK games on at 11 on ESPN. Like the last 2 years and many more games over the last 20 years. Fox had only done 4 TX/OK games.
In the past, ABC/ESPN have been a broadcasting team. They would broadcast Texas OU at 2:30pm.... could there have been an 11 am game thrown in there, sure, but prime time slots for ABC/ESPN are 2:30 and 6 pm, not 11 am. You know Tx/Ou gets the prime time slot every year 9 times out of 10. Most of the 11 am games for Texas-OU are because of FOX. While FOX has had the game in prime time for many years, ESPN still sends their game day crew which may be confusing you. I would like to see the stats but am unable to find them. Anyway, you can be sure that there will not be any 11 am games for the foreseeable future. CDC has more input with ESPN than he does with FOX.

Last edited:
In the past, ABC/ESPN have been a broadcasting team. They would broadcast Texas OU at 2:30pm.... could there have been an 11 am game thrown in there, sure, but prime time slots for ABC/ESPN are 2:30 and 6 pm, not 11 am. You know Tx/Ou gets the prime time slot every year 9 times out of 10. Most of the 11 am games for Texas-OU are because of FOX. While FOX has had the game in prime time for many years, ESPN still sends their game day crew which may be confusing you. I would like to see the stats but am unable to find them. Anyway, you can be sure that there will not be any 11 am games for the foreseeable future. CDC has more input with ESPN than he does with FOX.
Oh my how you do carry on. One more thing here. TX hasn't been undefeated going into the OK game in 11 years. Rivalry or not if it's obvious that you don't have a good team they're not going to put your game in a prime slot.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Oh my how you do carry on. One more thing here. TX hasn't been undefeated going into the OK game in 11 years. Rivalry or not if it's obvious that you don't have a good team they're not going to put your game in a prime slot.
I tried to be nice to you but your sub 80 IQ only understands one thing... so here you go.

Show the statistics or shut your fvcking mouth. You are a fvcking loser who survives off a government check. Do you think it matters what the fvcking standings are when it comes to ratings??? If Texas and OU hadn't won a fvcking game and went up against an undefeated TCU and Ok St (for ratings), Tx vs OU still outdraws by 2x you fvcking liberal magic underwear wearing fool.

Last edited:
I tried to be nice to you but your sub 80 IQ only understands one thing... so here you go.

Show the statistics or shut your fvcking mouth. You are a fvcking loser who survives off a government check. Do you think it matters what the fvcking standings are when it comes to ratings??? If Texas and OU hadn't won a fvcking game and went up against an undefeated TCU and Ok St (for ratings), Tx vs OU still outdraws by 2x you fvcking liberal magic underwear wearing fool.
And the 2023 Decorum Award goes to......

I collect social security. I'm pushing 70 I've paid for this and I'm entitled to it. My brothers are successful and they collect it to. I work part time because I want to.

Since 2008, 13 out of the last TX/OK games started at 11. One year was ranked #1 and TX was 5th but the game started at 11.

I have an exceptional memory and I know I'm right. Because I'm LDS I wear sacred garments not some so called magic underwear.

And when we're you ever nice to me? 😂 You are a whiner and complainer and I'm calling you on it.

I collect social security. I'm pushing 70 I've paid for this and I'm entitled to it. My brothers are successful and they collect it to. I work part time because I want to.

Since 2008, 13 out of the last TX/OK games started at 11. One year was ranked #1 and TX was 5th but the game started at 11.

I have an exceptional memory and I know I'm right. Because I'm LDS I wear sacred garments not some so called magic underwear.

And when we're you ever nice to me? 😂 You are a whiner and complainer and I'm calling you on it.
Um no, you are the one saying that ESPN is at fault for the 11 am games. It's really not necessary to make a comment unless you have proof. The only thing you are accomplishing is an argument. I was trying to be nice about it but you kept up the off handed remarks. Show proof or be quiet.

ADVERTISEMENT