ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

This is a good sign Arkansas on paper anyway has a good squad. Breaking in a lot of new guys, so probably aren’t what they will be obviously but good sign none the less

The mens Bball team had a scrimmage against Arkansas tonight and kicked the shit out of them by 30. I think this team is going to be really good this season. Arkansas is #10 in the preseason polls.
Watch out for Arterio Morris. That kid is going to be pushing for serious minutes as a true freshman. He's a big time scorer.

Reactions: westx
Watch out for Arterio Morris. That kid is going to be pushing for serious minutes as a true freshman. He's a big time scorer.
Certainly need guys that can score. Team was sorely lacking that last year. Hell for the last few years.

1/14/23 TT @ Austin

2/13/23 TT @ Lubbock

if we win these games I'll be very happy. They brag about how they have more fans than us when the game's in Austin.

Good. So let's kick their west Texas a** on 1/14/23. Let those students witness it in person.

Teach those punk a** kids a lesson in manners their mothers should have taught them.

And then let's do it again on 2/13/23 in front of all of their students.

If we do that I won't mind if we don't make the final 4.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Sleep walking through this UTEP first half. Texas will probably win by 15+

Get your feet wet, stay healthy and move on.

Oh yeah...Galindo is still awful
Looked a lot like last years team offensively for the first 10 mins or so. Picked it up to end the half.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Same shit, new year.

UTEP and ole Joe will have a good year. But this is a brand new roster and we can't score...AGAIN...for long stretches.
Yeah If you were hoping to see a better offensive team this year tonight wasn’t your night. Overall looked a lot like last year. Long season though.

Yeah If you were hoping to see a better offensive team this year tonight wasn’t your night. Overall looked a lot like last year. Long season though.

The Georgetown transfer for UTEP (#12) is going to tear up CUSA. #21 is extremely athletic too...a kid from EP.

I didn't watch closely to pick out anyone else really. Maybe #13???

UTEP should be a force in CUSA, which is a pretty solid Mid Major

I wanted to watch, and could watch almost literally any other game in the country including new Mexico highlands, but because lhn isn't with YouTube tv..TV...

Anyway, I did get to watch north Carolina VS unc Wilmington. You know who struggled to score? North Carolina. The defending national runner up with everybody back. The number 1 team in the nation. And it's almost unanimous that they're the number 1 team in the nation.

Again I admittedly didn't get to see anything but highlights, but not being able to score is a byproduct of being early in the season, with a high roster turnover. Some of you basketball experts need to check your credentials.

BTW, how's Marquette looking this year?

They shot 54.8% from the field. If that's a bad offensive night then the skies the limit for this team lol.

I wanted to watch, and could watch almost literally any other game in the country including new Mexico highlands, but because lhn isn't with YouTube tv..TV...

Anyway, I did get to watch north Carolina VS unc Wilmington. You know who struggled to score? North Carolina. The defending national runner up with everybody back. The number 1 team in the nation. And it's almost unanimous that they're the number 1 team in the nation.

Again I admittedly didn't get to see anything but highlights, but not being able to score is a byproduct of being early in the season, with a high roster turnover. Some of you basketball experts need to check your credentials.

BTW, how's Marquette looking this year?

Texas figured it out after the 10 minute mark in 2nd half. Still some long stretches without points. We did seem to have more urgency in wanting to get to the basket and free throw line.

They shot 54.8% from the field. If that's a bad offensive night then the skies the limit for this team lol.
They had stretches where they scored, but also like last year had long streches where it was a struggle. One thing that will be interesting to follow is the backcourt was better with Hunter and Rice more so than Carr.

Solid win against a legit mid-major team. I won't be surprised to see UTEP make the tournament. Early season contests always are a struggle offensively. Most teams will be farther ahead on defense than offense. Most coaches preach defense in the off-season and the idea is that it generally leads to easy baskets. Give it a few games to get the offensive chemistry working. There's always going to be stretches where they don't score much. Just as with any other sport. In football, you don't score on every possession and with baseball you don't score every inning.

Their next game against Houston Baptist will probably see more offense because they're an inferior team.

Just got a chance to watch the whole game now and I think Beard hit it out of the park in the transfer portal. Rice and Hunter were 2 absolute steals! Those guys are really good. That's a good UTEP team. They won 20 games last year. I think this team has a chance to make a lot of noise this year.

Just got a chance to watch the whole game now and I think Beard hit it out of the park in the transfer portal. Rice and Hunter were 2 absolute steals! Those guys are really good. That's a good UTEP team. They won 20 games last year. I think this team has a chance to make a lot of noise this year.

All UTEPs top players are gone, but this UTEP team I think can repeat their success.

Agree 100% on the transfers.

All UTEPs top players are gone, but this UTEP team I think can repeat their success.

Agree 100% on the transfers.
UTEP will be a tournament team and likely win 20+ games again. Their head coach Joe Golding was the coach at Abilene Christian when they upset us in the first round in 2021. He's a really good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT