ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

this year's team had a lot of mental toughness, a lot of experience, a lot of those intangibles. as talented, not as talented-- whatever-- but that was a really special team. some may argue one disu injury away from a natty. we were close to the f4 as it was. i hope we're as good, but there are just certain things you can't know until a team has its feet held to the fire

this year's team had a lot of mental toughness, a lot of experience, a lot of those intangibles. as talented, not as talented-- whatever-- but that was a really special team. some may argue one disu injury away from a natty. we were close to the f4 as it was. i hope we're as good, but there are just certain things you can't know until a team has its feet held to the fire
There's a lot of experience on this coming years roster as well. I'm skeptical about RT as a coach but I do feel like now that the dust has settled that he put a pretty decent roster together.

We'll see. Gotta see the proof on the court. So far it's been good.
That’s what I like about it though. We have seen it on the court.

Disu was one of the best players in the country last year, and I think we beat Miami if he had been 100%

The ORU transfer was the best player on a really good ORU team.

Hunter I don’t think was very good last year mostly but he’s capable of much more and I think we’ll see it.

This team has a track recorded individually that is very good. Now they’ll have to come together and do it, but I think RT can bring them together. A lot was made about losing the two big freshman recruits, but the reality is that the teams that win in college basketball these days are the ones with juniors and seniors. Not the ones with 5 star one and done freshmen.

That’s what I like about it though. We have seen it on the court.

Disu was one of the best players in the country last year, and I think we beat Miami if he had been 100%

The ORU transfer was the best player on a really good ORU team.

Hunter I don’t think was very good last year mostly but he’s capable of much more and I think we’ll see it.

This team has a track recorded individually that is very good. Now they’ll have to come together and do it, but I think RT can bring them together. A lot was made about losing the two big freshman recruits, but the reality is that the teams that win in college basketball these days are the ones with juniors and seniors. Not the ones with 5 star one and done freshmen.
You're in denial if you don't think 2 top 10 national recruits wouldn't have made this team better next year. Ron Holland is likely the number 1 overall pick in next years NBA draft. This roster is not as good without those 2 guys.

Reactions: diadevic
You're in denial if you don't think 2 top 10 national recruits wouldn't have made this team better next year. Ron Holland is likely the number 1 overall pick in next years NBA draft. This roster is not as good without those 2 guys.
Yeah. Except I didn’t say those guys wouldn’t have made the team better. I said the teams that win in college basketball today are not built around the 1 and done Freshman. To be honest with this group around him Ron holland would have been a monster, but Texas will have a good season and be a contender without him

Yeah. Except I didn’t say those guys wouldn’t have made the team better. I said the teams that win in college basketball today are not built around the 1 and done Freshman. To be honest with this group around him Ron holland would have been a monster, but Texas will have a good season and be a contender without him
You're right, you didn't directly say it. But your last 2 sentences basically implied it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT