ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

We did stop being aggressive offensively. Was Shaka- esque for a spell. Cunningham hit that 3 and we relaxed I think
Yeah we were not in a flow today. Bishop had an easy dunk. Went for an odd looking layup instead and missed. Disu had Mitchell open for a dunk made the right pass but a bad pass. Just weren’t in sync today. Some of that was due to ok state defense but some due to us as well

OK state had ku at home lost in the last seconds we lose to k state and we just beat okie lite at home by 10
It wasn't like we controlled the game and won by 10. We controlled the last minute and a half and won by 10. Basketball scores can be deceptive. You could be up 20, relax the last few minutes and walk out with a 10 pt win. And you could be in a back and forth rock fight, the right ball rims out, you knock down free throws and GET OUT with a 10 pt win. We got out with a 10 pt win. Happy for it either way. But I like those walk outs better

It wasn't like we controlled the game and won by 10. We controlled the last minute and a half and won by 10. Basketball scores can be deceptive. You could be up 20, relax the last few minutes and walk out with a 10 pt win. And you could be in a back and forth rock fight, the right ball rims out, you knock down free throws and GET OUT with a 10 pt win. We got out with a 10 pt win. Happy for it either way. But I like those walk outs better

KU “got out” with a 2 point win on their last possession.

Eh it was ugly but Texas controlled that game for the most part. They were up at by 8 at half and up by 10 right out of the locker room. ok state ended up tying it and taking a one point lead with like 5 mins to go, but then Texas pulled away. It was an ugly game but never really felt like Texas was in danger of losing it.

They went on a 12-1 run in the last 6 minutes to close it out. The defense was the best it’s been since Beard has been gone. Any win on the road in this conference is a good one.

Defense was outstanding. And aside from a few sloppy possessions and anytime morris touched the ball, we were taking decent shots. The ball would not go in for a while

You know Chris Beard let his team down.

As fans Chris Beard let us down

Let's see if Rodney Terry can unite our team.

And right now we need to get behind coach Terry.

HookemHorns

Apparently ISU/TCU was a he*****game both teams were ranked.

Don't forget the Big XII is the best hoops conference in the country.

K state just down Baylor. Jarome Tang at K state and Dennis Gates at Missouri are moving up my coaching list rapidly.

Missouri won 12 games all last year 13-2 as of today.

K state was 14-17 last year. Just moved to 13-1

I want a coach that understands that older players, not necessarily the most talented, win championships. Teams win championships, not one and done peacocks. Can a one and done help to win a championship? Absolutely. The problem is, most of them are not about the team. They only want a payday. Winning is secondary or worse.

Apparently Texas has already reached out to Calapari. I think he could be had… it would be a complicated deal but he could be had.

Apparently Texas has already reached out to Calapari. I think he could be had… it would be a complicated deal but he could be had.
No thanks. He recently got into a fight with the Stoops bro that coaches the Kentucky football team. They were fighting over money etc.... We don't need that attitude here. He thinks that he is bigger than the school. The only coach better than Beard would be Bill Self. That would be my choice.

Not a chance in hell Self leaves Kansas.
Why do you say that? SEC basketball is rising - over time, he will have an easier time recruiting. The expectation level at KU is impossible - its final 4 or bust - a lot of pressure. I don't have any inside info, but I would guess its not impossible to get Self. He is a helluva coach. Worth a phone call and a gigantic check.

And if he says no, I still vote Pitino!

Why do you say that? SEC basketball is rising - over time, he will have an easier time recruiting. The expectation level at KU is impossible - its final 4 or bust - a lot of pressure. I don't have any inside info, but I would guess its not impossible to get Self. He is a helluva coach. Worth a phone call and a gigantic check.

And if he says no, I still vote Pitino!
Bill self is never leaving Kansas.

Reactions: outhereincali
No thanks. He recently got into a fight with the Stoops bro that coaches the Kentucky football team. They were fighting over money etc.... We don't need that attitude here. He thinks that he is bigger than the school. The only coach better than Beard would be Bill Self. That would be my choice.
There is no need to fight over money at Texas. Probably so after fight for money at UK

There is no need to fight over money at Texas. Probably so after fight for money at UK
It came down to which was more important at Kentucky, basketball or football. Calipari would cost 2x what Sark makes. Would this be a problem? It's a troubling sign that he would be leaving a blue blood for a non blue blood.

It came down to which was more important at Kentucky, basketball or football. Calipari would cost 2x what Sark makes. Would this be a problem? It's a troubling sign that he would be leaving a blue blood for a non blue blood.
Cal has never been a guy that stays in one place too long. I’m surprised he’s been at UK for as long as he has.

Kansas is a blue blood...
Sure, Self just won a national title so that would not be a problem if he came to Texas. Cal hasn't fared as well and does not play well in the sandbox.

People thought Beard was rude in person, justwait til they encounter a northeastern yankee. He's a bad fit.

This. Not enough Jay Wright y’all around here for my liking.
I’m all for Jay Wright and if he’s interested we should try to get him. However the guy just retired from a job he could have been at forever. I doubt he did that just to jump back in exactly one year later. Could be wrong but that’s what I’m assuming

Sure, Self just won a national title so that would not be a problem if he came to Texas. Cal hasn't fared as well and does not play well in the sandbox.

People thought Beard was rude in person, justwait til they encounter a northeastern yankee. He's a bad fit.

FWIW I'm not a Calipari guy, but I was addressing that him leaving a Blue Blood would be a red flag.

He may not have a choice to stay at said Blue Blood

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Cal was great before all the elite one and done prospects. He was great when top players needed a school to prepare them for the NBA for 2-3 years. I’m not convinced that he would be successful in the current NIL environment. To me, the college game has passed him by and he’s struggling to remain relevant. He’s not nearly as effective a recruiter as Chris Beard and his staff. If we reach an agreement with him we may lose Holland and Johnson. We would essentially be rebuilding yet again. Plus he’s well into his 60’s already.

Cal is going to use us for one more huge pay day. It’s either going to be from us or Kentucky.

His team isn’t even in the top 25 this year. UK may quietly hope we take him.

Just seems like an Aggie move on our part.

Eric Musselman or Royal Ivey please.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
ADVERTISEMENT