ADVERTISEMENT

Bell...I need some answers.

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
Is the oil patch going to crank up again? Are some/all/any of the plugged wells going to be reworked? What are you seeing out there?

Oil at over$110.00 should get something going under any sane administration....what day you?

Reactions: Belldozer1
Is the oil patch going to crank up again? Are some/all/any of the plugged wells going to be reworked? What are you seeing out there?

Oil at over$110.00 should get something going under any sane administration....what day you?
Agree with @Clob here, under a normal administration we’d be going and blowing but to be honest we’re not. It’s still pretty suppressed. I can say in the EagleFord our company is running less than 5 drilling rigs whereas under a pro American administration we’d be running 10-12. We have other area we’re getting more active though but it’s nowhere like it should be given prices.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Agree with @Clob here, under a normal administration we’d be going and blowing but to be honest we’re not. It’s still pretty suppressed. I can say in the EagleFord our company is running less than 5 drilling rigs whereas under a pro American administration we’d be running 10-12. We have other area we’re getting more active though but it’s nowhere like it should be given prices.
That POS in office is running this country right in the ground. 2024 election can't get here quick enough.

Curious what is holding it up? Is it the federal lands thing that he blocked or something else? Is something stopping everyone from drilling on private lands? I'm sure it's a stupid question but I'm not involved in oil and don't know how it works.

Curious what is holding it up? Is it the federal lands thing that he blocked or something else? Is something stopping everyone from drilling on private lands? I'm sure it's a stupid question but I'm not involved in oil and don't know how it works.
Federal lands aren’t what’s holding up Texas drilling, we’ve got plenty of prospects to drill. Inflation and unpredictability with an unstable President dead set on following the woke radical left agenda has a lot to do with it I’d have to say. Besides who wants energy independence right? Lol

Federal lands aren’t what’s holding up Texas drilling, we’ve got plenty of prospects to drill. Inflation and unpredictability with an unstable President dead set on following the woke radical left agenda has a lot to do with it I’d have to say. Besides who wants energy independence right? Lol
#facts

Expanding drilling requires multi-year investment commitments, and knowing that this administration will turn on a dime, shutter pipelines, and generally butt**** the O&G industry any chance it gets is preventing O&G companies from making that commitment.

Expanding drilling requires multi-year investment commitments, and knowing that this administration will turn on a dime, shutter pipelines, and generally butt**** the O&G industry any chance it gets is preventing O&G companies from making that commitment.
Yep and our country seems to prefer to bring in heavy crude from elsewhere rather than ramp up and revamp our refining capabilities to handle the lighter shale crude.

Yep and our country seems to prefer to bring in heavy crude from elsewhere rather than ramp up and revamp our refining capabilities to handle the lighter shale crude.
I believe its simply hedging by Dems on their climate platform. They truly believe that the need for oil will be eliminated and thus is better to buy in the short and medium term with contracts that can be terminated than to create long-term investments that can't be unwound easily, and the O&G industry isn't committing additional investments without those long-term guarantees (nor should they).

I believe its simply hedging by Dems on their climate platform. They truly believe that the need for oil will be eliminated and thus is better to buy in the short and medium term with contracts that can be terminated than to create long-term investments that can't be unwound easily, and the O&G industry isn't committing additional investments without those long-term guarantees (nor should they).
The need for oil will never be eliminated. Literally everything we consume is derived from oil.

Do you guys even bother to do research? Google does a really good job of pulling up information.

Has the current administration published any new regulations that has restricted domestic oil or gas production? The answer is no. In fact Domestic Oil production increased in Biden's first year although it still hasn't recovered to pre pandemic levels.

Has the current administration limited oil and gas production on federal lands.
The answer is no. All current leases are still valid and there are more federal acres under production now than in the last year of the Trump administration. 12.7 million in 2020, 12.8 million in 2021

Has the current administration restricted future oil and gas leases on federal land?
Yes but that is being challenged in court. The BLM was forced to issue leases by one judge and the another forced them stop. But If you look up leases in the first year of the Trump admin you will find it was 2658. Biden beat that by 34%. The BLM approved 3557 leases in Biden's first year. Don't take my word for it. Look it up on the BLM website.

How much oil and gas is produced on public lands? Only 5% of us crude production is on federal lands. That means 95% of production happens on private property and 100% of the wells are drilled by private companies.

So why aren't those companies drilling? Why isn't OPEC+ increasing output. Well to start off with most OPEC countries budgets are based on oil between $70-100 per barrel. They have been dipping into their Sovereign Wealth funds to bridge the gap since oil prices crashed in 2009 and never really recovered. There hasn't been any desire to increase production because they are making money.

Well what about domestic producers. Domestic production was built on a mountain of debt. Companies managed to be profitable but barely. When prices tanked things go ugly. Remember when traders where paying people to take their futures contracts off their hands. Even companies that were in decent finical shape got taken out behind the woodshed. But things are better now and companies should have the funds to increase production now, right? Nope. Instead of investing in drilling they are increasing dividends.

Do you guys even bother to do research? Google does a really good job of pulling up information.

Has the current administration published any new regulations that has restricted domestic oil or gas production? The answer is no. In fact Domestic Oil production increased in Biden's first year although it still hasn't recovered to pre pandemic levels.

The answer is no. All current leases are still valid and there are more federal acres under production now than in the last year of the Trump administration. 12.7 million in 2020, 12.8 million in 2021

Has the current administration restricted future oil and gas leases on federal land?
Yes but that is being challenged in court. The BLM was forced to issue leases by one judge and the another forced them stop. But If you look up leases in the first year of the Trump admin you will find it was 2658. Biden beat that by 34%. The BLM approved 3557 leases in Biden's first year. Don't take my word for it. Look it up on the BLM website.

How much oil and gas is produced on public lands? Only 5% of us crude production is on federal lands. That means 95% of production happens on private property and 100% of the wells are drilled by private companies.

So why aren't those companies drilling? Why isn't OPEC+ increasing output. Well to start off with most OPEC countries budgets are based on oil between $70-100 per barrel. They have been dipping into their Sovereign Wealth funds to bridge the gap since oil prices crashed in 2009 and never really recovered. There hasn't been any desire to increase production because they are making money.

Well what about domestic producers. Domestic production was built on a mountain of debt. Companies managed to be profitable but barely. When prices tanked things go ugly. Remember when traders where paying people to take their futures contracts off their hands. Even companies that were in decent finical shape got taken out behind the woodshed. But things are better now and companies should have the funds to increase production now, right? Nope. Instead of investing in drilling they are increasing dividends.
If you search further in Google you'll also discover how the Covid hoax pandemic led to a bust in the oil/energy sectors. Hell we don't even need Google to tell us that. Anyone with 2.5 brain cells knows that because we saw it ourselves. Oil demand suddenly dropped by over a 1/3 which cut the legs off private producers who were highly leveraged and riding high from the boom economy that Trump created. I still remember WAY BACK in 2020 when gasoline was $1.50/gallon. Today it is over $4 a gallon! Trump increased oil production and increased our oil exports unlike any other President. Simple economics - increase supply to drive down prices. Biden shut down the XL pipeline by executive order and we're no longer exporting our oil. Biden is also promoting and investing insane amounts of taxpayer dollars in Green renewable energy sources in an effort to drive demand away from fossil fuels - which leads to constrained supply and higher oil prices. Trump rejected the idea of spending taxpayer money on Green energy sources which helped to increase demand for our oil.

Joe did that! Let's Go Brandon!

If you search further in Google you'll also discover how the Covid hoax pandemic led to a bust in the oil/energy sectors. Hell we don't even need Google to tell us that. Anyone with 2.5 brain cells knows that because we saw it ourselves. Oil demand suddenly dropped by over a 1/3 which cut the legs off private producers who were highly leveraged and riding high from the boom economy that Trump created. I still remember WAY BACK in 2020 when gasoline was $1.50/gallon. Today it is over $4 a gallon! Trump increased oil production and increased our oil exports unlike any other President. Simple economics - increase supply to drive down prices. Biden shut down the XL pipeline by executive order and we're no longer exporting our oil. Biden is also promoting and investing insane amounts of taxpayer dollars in Green renewable energy sources in an effort to drive demand away from fossil fuels - which leads to constrained supply and higher oil prices. Trump rejected the idea of spending taxpayer money on Green energy sources which helped to increase demand for our oil.

Joe did that! Let's Go Brandon!

Libs don't want to hear common sense and economic data. It flies in the face of their flawed agenda and thinking.

I work for a pretty good size exploration company with a large footprint especially in Texas and I can tell you since Covid hoax shutdowns and $-37 dollar oil our drilling budget/strategies have changed drastically. At $113 dollar oil we aren’t drilling wells that we’d drill at $70 oil pre-plandemic. The company I work for doesn’t borrow money to drill either. It’s not really as cut and dried as your Google research would indicate although I agree with your comments about federal leases to an extent. No new federal leases are being granted but as I stated in my comment above, that doesn’t really effect Texas drilling as much as say our Colorado division.

Reactions: freeper

This is partly true. They did restrict any NEW permits for drilling NEW prospects on federal lands. And yes, production has increased but only because demand was down due to covid. We are no where near our record high of 18.375 million barrels in one day.

No. They have not limited production. You are correct. Once you complete a well and start producing, you can't make a well produce more than it can give up, but you can choke it back to slow production. Now, the reason there are more federal acres under production now is because in Dec of 2020, oil companies set a record for filed leasing permits on federal lands. And it was a record by like a few thousand. They knew what was coming down the pipe. Having that lease granted in 2020 allowed them to navigate any Biden legislation because that lease grandfathered them.
This is also true. See my comments above about the December 2020 leasing permits. Most of them were approved in late january-- AFTER Biden was sworn in. The wheels had already started in motion though.
This is not true. I can site dozens of O&G reporting studies that disprove this number. According to the WSJ, just over 9% of our oil comes from onshore federal lands. There are 96,000 wells on federal land with around 25,000 of them actively producing.

Now--- here is a little secret that many folks dont know.

Offshore oil is owned by-----whom?
Nobody owns the oceans. Well, our federal governmemt does. And technically, that oil being produced is their oil. Roughly 16% of all the oil produced in America is off shore- so that means in reality, the government controls over 25% of all produced O&G.

I can tell you why-- you are 100% correct on the Saudis and other OPEC kingdoms. Now, OPEC members like Angola and Algeria are scrambling to increase production despite OPECs stance on not increasing flow. I know this for a first hand fact because we are currently bidding our artificial lift system to both nations.
Now, why aren't domestic companies drilling?
The reason is mostly 2 fold.
1. Biden came in and tried to fvck them early. In 2014 companies got HAMMERED-- and they remember that ass whipping they took. So they aren't going to over leverage themselves again. And they see it as a "fvck you" to this administration that has tried to demonize them.
2. John Kerry is leaning on EVERY major financial lending bank, and has most of them onboard, to stop loaning money to O&G companies. BofA, Chase, Wells Fargo etc, are all on board with this private jet setting douche canoe to stop funding petroleum. So what will they fund instead? Bull sh!t clean energy projects that Kerry and his friends are invested in. This is a sham to make them richER.

Some are. But wouldn't you? If you had a senile old man in office being led around by a bunch of people that think americans are too fvcking stupid to realize that we are DECADES away from a "cold fusion" style energy breakthrough, you'd protect your company stock holders as well. Couple that with the fact that every single wind mill, solar panel, battery, and every single piece of machinery used to build these clean energy boondoggles, as well as every component needed to be mined, is all made possible with what...?
Petroleum byproducts.

Last edited:
This is partly true. They did restrict any NEW permits for drilling NEW prospects on federal lands. And yes, production has increased but only because demand was down due to covid. We are no where near our record high of 18.375 million barrels in one day.

No. They have not limited production. You are correct. Once you complete a well and start producing, you can't make a well produce more than it can give up, but you can choke it back to slow production. Now, the reason there are more federal acres under production now is because in Dec of 2020, oil companies set a record for filed leasing permits on federal lands. And it was a record by like a few thousand. They knew what was coming down the pipe. Having that lease granted in 2020 allowed them to navigate any Biden legislation because that lease grandfathered them.

This is also true. See my comments above about the December 2020 leasing permits. Most of them were approved in late january-- AFTER Biden was sworn in. The wheels had already started in motion though.

This is not true. I can site dozens of O&G reporting studies that disprove this number. According to the WSJ, just over 9% of our oil comes from onshore federal lands. There are 96,000 wells on federal land with around 25,000 of them actively producing.

Nobody owns the oceans. Well, our federal governmemt does. And technically, that oil being produced is their oil. Roughly 16% of all the oil produced in America is off shore- so that means in reality, the government controls nearly 25% of all produced O&G.

I can tell you why-- you are 100% correct on the Saudis and other OPEC kingdoms. Now, OPEC members like Angola and Algeria are scrambling to increase production despite OPECs stance on not increasing flow. I know this for a first hand fact because we are currently bidding our artificial lift system to both nations.
1. Biden came in and tried to fvck them early. In 2014 companies got HAMMERED-- and they remember that ass whipping they took. So they aren't going to over leverage themselves again. And they see it as a "fvck you" to this administration that has tried to demonize them.
2. John Kerry is leaning on EVERY major financial lending bank, and has most of them onboard, to stop loaning money to O&G companies. BofA, Chase, Wells Fargo etc, are all on board with this private jet setting douche canoe to stop funding petroleum. So what will they fund instead? Bull sh!t clean energy projects that Kerry and his friends are invested in. This is a sham to make them richER.

Some are. But wouldn't you? If you had a senile old man in office being led around by a bunch of people that think americans are too fvcking stupid to realize that we are DECADES away from a "cold fusion" style energy breakthrough, you'd protect your company stock holders as well. Couple that with the fact that every single wind mill, solar panel, battery, and every single piece of machinery used to build these clean energy boondoggles, as well as every component needed to be mined, is all made possible with what...?
Petroleum byproducts.
Great job breaking it down for us. Here’s an opinion piece that reinforces much of what you outlined. Good read.

Nobody owns the oceans. Well, our federal governmemt does. And technically, that oil being produced is their oil. Roughly 16% of all the oil produced in America is off shore- so that means in reality, the government controls over 25% of all produced O&G.

Petroleum byproducts.
Nice job @clob94 and you're spot on about what a mad dash for the Federal Leases in 2020 but as you say it was because oil producers knew what was coming but to hear it from the Left, it's Biden promoting exploration "Just look at the numbers under Biden's watch" they'll claim. Kind of like Biden is claiming that he has created all of these new jobs, some going as far as to say it's the most created under a President in a certain time period but what they don't tell is the backstory about how many jobs his ridiculous policies cost in the last 2 years. And you left libtards ought to be ashamed as hell for the last 2 years in particuliar, how many long standing middle class businesses, restaurants etc. closed down all in the name of a gross overreaction to a plandemic and greed. Those businesses aren't coming back. Disgraceful. You all should be rounded up and put on the front lines in Ukraine imo.

Petroleum byproducts.
good one Clob. Now I know why I will be paying $6 a gallon when I gas up tomorrow in San Fran.

What we haven't mentioned is how Biden had the Fed demand that banks cease financing ANY oil projects..
Let that sink in....Then look at what the economists are saying....NO new jobs have been added to the economy since 2019....All the do called jobs added by Biden are simply a recovery of old jobs since the covid restrictions have been lifted.

Taking that last comment a bit farther....doesn't matter about granting lease permits if the companies are unable to finance the projects.....lying bastards....

What we haven't mentioned is how Biden had the Fed demand that banks cease financing ANY oil projects..
Let that sink in....Then look at what the economists are saying....NO new jobs have been added to the economy since 2019....All the do called jobs added by Biden are simply a recovery of old jobs since the covid restrictions have been lifted.
Read my post above.

John Kerry-- the billionaire-- married that ketchup money-- flies all over the world in his private Gulfstream and gets banks to stop lending money to oil companies.

Here's his private jet. But it's ok because he "buys carbon offset credits" to magically make his private jet emissions disappear. But you poor ass mother fvckers can't afford carbon offset credits. And funny thing, that cock sucker doesn't fly in a plane fueled by solar power. I wonder why.

John Kerry has his wife's family fortune invested in the boondoggle of "clean energy". He then uses guilt and brain washing to push investment money away from oil and toward unicorn farts.

Last edited:
My man! 👍

Does Biden and his band of misfits really think this move will impact prices at the pump in the future? Surely he realizes this will probably have very little impact if any and any impact won't be realized until he's booted from office. What a piece of crap this guy is. The left is anti Oil and Gas until they realize midterms are coming up and their leader has all but guaranteed them a one way ticket out of Washington LOL, NOW it is ok to drill on Federal Lands as long as we increase that royalty provision of the Lease.
https://nypost.com/2022/04/15/white-house-restarting-federal-oil-gas-lease-sales-next-week/

ADVERTISEMENT