ADVERTISEMENT

Best BBQ cities in the country

Dude, like I said. We are totally spoiled in central texas. Memphis has great bbq. Parts of North and south Carolina have great bbq. KC has good bbq. St Louis has decent bbq. Atlanta has 2 places that are decent. Houston has a couple of spots. East Texas as a whole has some good places. Mt Zion Baptist church 8n Huntsville is solid. Lufkin, Silsbee, tyler, marshall, palestine, all these places have decent bbq. But 5 he reality is that central texas, 90 miles north, south, east and west of austin has the best damn bbq on the face of God's great earth. There's no argument to be had. If you 5hink differently, you're only showing your lack of bbq knowledge. We are totally spoiled with bbq. And I fvcking love it.

Austin has great choices. Living in Houston we have a couple but not much. I have to question NY having BBQ though, are the people that make it from the South?

Clob...I respect your opinions, I really do, but if you are going to sit there and tell me that Memphis has good BBQ then I question your ability to judge. I freely admit that they THINK they have good BBQ, but anyone that thinks so has never eaten anywhere around Austin. I was stuck there one night courtesy of American Airlines. They said they would make it up to me by taking me to the best BBQ in Memphis....I had a rack of the house specialty....dry rub ribs!....It was some of the worst crap I ever put in my mouth. A stray dog at the back door of the Salt Lick wouldnt have touched it.

Other than your saying Memphis had good BBQ, I completely agree with what you said.I have to tell you that in the 70's traveling up 59 from Houston to Longview, you would start to see folks next to the highway with Barrel BBQ's selling BBQ over the fence to anyone that would stop.....it was fabulous.

Can't go wrong in Austin, they know how to slow smoke and not smother brisket and ribs in sauce.

I agree with this list.

ADVERTISEMENT