ADVERTISEMENT

Best non Texas games this weekend

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
There's only couple of matchups featuring ranked teams. One is an SEC matchup big deal. But this weekend the big games are in the Big XII.

OK/ISU there's no question that Matt Campbell is the real thing. They don't have the talent that TX has on defense but the Cyclones play good defense. I don't know much about their dc Jon Heacock but he's a good one. They lost a hard fought defensive struggle to IA last week. I think the Cyclones can knock off about 14-17 points off the numbers that OK had been putting up. But they don't have enough offense.

OK 35
ISU 17

TCU/aholes how can I pull for a school that has embarrassed us the last four years? I can't but how can any college fb fan who doesn't live in OH say it doesn't bother them if Urban Meyer wins? But I don't think TCU has enough players to spring an upset. Dyk that our beloved Darrell Royal oncce referred to TCU as the cockroaches? I don't care who it is that does it as long as they beat tOSU.

aholes 42
TCU 28

Other games worth a mention

WV/NCS did you know the couch burners are the only other Big XII team besides TX to play 2 P5 schools in non con play?

Boise State/OSU some of the pre season mags were picking Boise to win this game. They also picked them to play in an NY6 bowl game. For a couple of seasons Bryan Harsin was one of us. Boise and TX don't cross paths on the fb field so I'll be pulling for Bryan to get them to that bowl game.

A possible Pac XII matchup to watch for

WA/UT

what do you think? Any games to want to mention?

Baylor/Duke. For the first time in school history, we are playing a P-5 school. The Duke QB is out with injury, and BU is up to a 6.5 favorite. This could be a small boost for Big 12 conference strength. But I'm still not a believer in Rhule. Duke 31, BU 24.

LSU upsets Auburn...they tend to play well against Auburn even when they aren't the 'supposedly' better team of the two.

Other than the games mentioned above:

1) WVU and NCSt will be cancelled or postponed due to hurricane

2) I am intrigued (won't watch) at Kansas vs Rutgers. Kansas had a "high" last week by beating Central Michigan in their 1st road win since medieval times. But, it would be cool for KU to beat a Big10.

3) Houston at Texas Tech is interesting.

4) I am a little interested in Fresno vs UCLA just to see if Chip Kelly starts his UCLA era 0-3.

Baylor/Duke. For the first time in school history, we are playing a P-5 school. The Duke QB is out with injury, and BU is up to a 6.5 favorite. This could be a small boost for Big 12 conference strength. But I'm still not a believer in Rhule. Duke 31, BU 24.

And not only did they play P5 school last year, the team played a team that went to a bowl game. And I'll say another thing about your new ad Diadevic. He's trying to get schools like incarnate Word off the Baylor schedule. And Baylor has a chance to get a 4/0 start cause their next game is against KS. As bad a Baylor was last year they did manage to beat KS. I think Matt Rhule will get Baylor to a bowl game.

2) I am intrigued (won't watch) at Kansas vs Rutgers. Kansas had a "high" last week by beating Central Michigan in their 1st road win since medieval times. But, it would be cool for KU to beat a Big10.

4) I am a little interested in Fresno vs UCLA just to see if Chip Kelly starts his UCLA era 0-3.

I didn't know that the WV/NCS was in Raleigh.

I'd like to see KS beat Rutgers as well. That would mean that Big XII's worse can beat the little tens worse any ol time :)

NC state has never prayed so hard for a hurricane in their lives. The hurricane will do mild damage compared to what the couch burners will do to them.

NC state has never prayed so hard for a hurricane in their lives. The hurricane will do mild damage compared to what the couch burners will do to them.
LOL! Yea, WV is looking "purdy salty" so far.

I don't pick the correct scores often. But wow i said the aholes would beat TCU 42/28 and it ended up 40/28.

I said OK would beat ISU 35/17 and it ended up 37/27. I mean OK only scored 2 points than I predicted. I thoughr ISU would be competitive but they were more competitive than I thought. Hey if you took ISU and the points you probably cleaned up.

UCLA, FSU, and Nebraska are a combined 1-7 so far with new coaches. That one win being FSU 36-26 over FCS Samford. Our friends in Lincoln lost 24-19 to Troy State. That's 6 straight home losses for them with Michigan next week.

How about now 3-0 North Texas 44-17 over the Razorbacks in Arkansas?

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT