Best non Texas games week 4

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
My picks of the week
Ohio State -42, or something like that, over Marshall. I'm going with the buckeyes and they'll cover.
Texas -44.5 over Louisiana Monroe I'm going with THE NUMBER ONE RANKED TEXAS LONGHORNS and they'll cover

Bottom ten game of the week Florida/ Mississippi State. The loser in this game will least me know who is the easiest non Vanderbilt win on our schedule. I told you the SEC wasn't so tough.

I expect to be 6/0 on Sunday

Oh I almost forgot on Sunday after the Tennessee game, Oklahoma will look at Texas and think why didn't we get their schedule. Why don't we get to play Mississippi State or Florida heck we don't even get to play Vanderbilt. Jealously is such a terrible thing.

Who do you think wins against the vols and sooners? I’m torn, because I always want to see ou lose, but I’m also not sold on Tennessee. I think they just ran up the score on an overrated (and mediocre) ACC team, really bad FCS team, and a really bad MAC team. The combined records of those three teams are 2-7. Granted, ou’s opponents definitely aren’t any better (a bad B12 team, really bad FCS team, and really bad AAC team) and the combined records of their opponents are also 2-7. The sooners are underdogs in this game, but more than capable of pulling an upset. I’m interested in seeing how they match up.

Who do you think wins against the vols and sooners? I’m torn, because I always want to see ou lose, but I’m also not sold on Tennessee. I think they just ran up the score on an overrated (and mediocre) ACC team, really bad FCS team, and a really bad MAC team. The combined records of those three teams are 2-7. Granted, ou’s opponents definitely aren’t any better (a bad B12 team, really bad FCS team, and really bad AAC team) and the combined records of their opponents are also 2-7. The sooners are underdogs in this game, but more than capable of pulling an upset. I’m interested in seeing how they match up.
I agree with you that Tennessee has beat up on some bad teams, but I also think they are markedly better than either Tulane or Houston. OU gets some starters back this week. Are those guys coming back good enough to make up the difference from what we've seen so far to what it will take to beat Tennessee? I don't see it. I'm not expecting 71-0 but I do expect Tennessee to win comfortably.

• Sad
Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
🐥 I want Oklahoma to beat Tennessee. It's been 25 years since they were an 8 point underdog in Norman. But they have a good defense and I think their best receivers are back now. If their ol comes thru they can win.

And if they get up 40/0 I hope they do an onsides kick give Josh Heipel a taste of his own medicine.

Reactions: freeper
I agree with you that Tennessee has beat up on some bad teams, but I also think they are markedly better than either Tulane or Houston. OU gets some starters back this week. Are those guys coming back good enough to make up the difference from what we've seen so far to what it will take to beat Tennessee? I don't see it. I'm not expecting 71-0 but I do expect Tennessee to win comfortably.
I'm going to disagree with you on this one. Now Houston sucks no denying that. But Tulane is better than Kent State and North Carolina State. They have one of the best at large programs in the country. It wouldn't surprise me if they get the at large bid in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I found most of these games difficult to pick.

#24 Illinois vs #22 Nebraska (-7.5): Both undefeated. I'll take the Cornhuskers to cover

#11 USC (-5.5) vs #18 Michigan: I am rooting for Michigan for strength of schedule benefit to Texas, but I think USC will cover

Arkansas vs Auburn (-2.5): I'll take Akie to win on the road

ASU vs Texas Tech (-2.5): I would like to watch this game if I can. I'll take ASU on the road

#12 Utah vs #14 Ok St (-2.5): Good match up. I will hesitantly take Okie Litee

Vandy vs #7 Mizzou (-20): Don't sleep on Vany. I really like Pavia. Watched him while at historically sorry ass NMSU. He took his team at NMSU to Auburn and beat them last year. The guy is like Ehlinger, only better. Tough and he is a gamer. This will be my upset special. May not win, but Mizzou won't cover. @outhereincali , I would rethink the Vandy worst in SEC. I believe in this QB quite a bit.

California vs FSU (-2.5): I think FSU gets their 1st win. Should be a decent game.

#6 Tennessee (-7) vs #15 ou: Tennessee all the way and they cover

Baylor vs Colorado (-2): Colorado

#13 Kstate (-6.5) vs BYU: I hate picking against BYU at home, but I think KSU will win a close one.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. Now Houston sucks no denying that. But gTulane is better than Kent State and North Carolina State. In have they have one of the best at large programs in the country it wouldn't surprise me ifb they get the at large bid in the playoffs.
Tulane is definitely better than Kent State and at least as good if not better than NC State but Tennessee beats them 10 times out of 10 if they play.

As much as I hate blo-u, I am pulling for the cocaine and uzi squad. Why? Because once we thump ou and jawja, we officially own the sec sec. The smack will be wonderful.

Reactions: outhereincali
As much as I hate blo-u, I am pulling for the cocaine and uzi squad. Why? Because once we thump ou and jawja, we officially own the sec sec. The smack will be wonderful.
Oh yea, I’d love to see them pull the upset on Tennessee simply because it adds firepower to our strength of schedule. You know that whole “SEC beating each other up” thing aggy always proclaims after another season of mediocrity. I just don’t think Vegetables has enough bullets for a shootout with Tennessee.

I found most of these games difficult to pick.

#24 Illinois vs #22 Nebraska (-7.5): Both undefeated. I'll take the Cornhuskers to cover

#11 USC (-5.5) vs #18 Michigan: I am rooting for Michigan for strength of schedule benefit to Texas, but I think USC will cover

Arkansas vs Auburn (-2.5): I'll take Akie to win on the road

ASU vs Texas Tech (-2.5): I would like to watch this game if I can. I'll take ASU on the road

#12 Utah vs #14 Ok St (-2.5): Good match up. I will hesitantly take Okie Litee

Vandy vs #7 Mizzou (-20): Don't sleep on Vany. I really like Pavia. Watched him while at historically sorry ass NMSU. He took his team at NMSU to Auburn and beat them last year. The guy is like Ehlinger, only better. Tough and he is a gamer. This will be my upset special. May not win, but Mizzou won't cover. @outhereincali , I would rethink the Vandy worst in SEC. I believe in this QB quite a bit.

California vs FSU (-2.5): I think FSU gets their 1st win. Should be a decent game.

#6 Tennessee (-7) vs #15 ou: Tennessee all the way and they cover

Baylor vs Colorado (-2): Colorado

#13 Kstate (-6.5) vs BYU: I hate picking against BYU at home, but I think KSU will win a close one.
USC/Michigan Am I the only one who thinks that Lincoln Riley's teams always got favorable officiating from the Big XII zebras especially against us? I honestly don't know about this one.

Utah/Oklahoma State just may be the best matchup of the weekend. I like the way Kyle Whittington and the way his teams play.

Tennessee/Oklahoma 😷 😷 😷 I'm going to pick Oklahoma. Every longhorn should know you don't underestimate Oklahoma especially in their stadium. Heupel is an asshole who needs a lesson in manners his mother should have taught him a long time ago.

I think Tennessee is gonna be surprised at how the Big 12 teams are gonna spank that secsecsec ass. OU might be getting healthy and Tenn might be eating the cheese.

USC/Michigan Am I the only one who thinks that Lincoln Riley's teams always got favorable officiating from the Big XII zebras especially against us? I honestly don't know about this one.

Utah/Oklahoma State just may be the best matchup of the weekend. I like the way Kyle Whittington and the way his teams play.

Tennessee/Oklahoma 😷 😷 😷 I'm going to pick Oklahoma. Every longhorn should know you don't underestimate Oklahoma especially in their stadium. Heupel is an asshole who needs a lesson in manners his mother should have taught him a long time ago.
I am surprised at how much I like Cali's takes when he isn't talking politics....

I had to check if I was on the right site. I am in disbelief with all of the ou love. Nonetheless, I always pick who I think will win whether I am rooting for them or not. In this case, I not only picked Tenn to win, I am also rooting for them to spank that sorry ass sooner ass.

I am surprised at how much I like Cali's takes when he isn't talking politics....
Hey @oldhorn2 after that crushing loss 3 years ago they only got called for 2 penalties we didn't even get a get a chance to decline a penalty. Replays went their way even when it was wrong. wth? And last year they only got called 4 times. We got called for excessive celebration but when Ethan Downs did it against us, repeatedly, they didn't call it. Tomorrow is their first SEC game I will watch this closely.

Even Nick Sabans for called for more penalties than that.

I had to check if I was on the right site. I am in disbelief with all of the ou love. Nonetheless, I always pick who I think will win whether I am rooting for them or not. In this case, I not only picked Tenn to win, I am also rooting for them to spank that sorry ass sooner ass.
Hey it's TX and OK first year in the SEC and I wouldn't mind seeing them emerge 1 and 2. One more thing Tennessee for their asses kicked against good teams on the road the last 2 years. I'm never going to say Boomer sooner but I will enjoy it they beat Tennessee.

Reactions: txleapd

It’s kind of a win/win for us. Either sooners lose, which is always awesome, or they win and help our SOS. Since I love the Horns more than I hate the sooners, I’d prefer the latter over the former.

Hey it's TX and OK first year in the SEC and I wouldn't mind seeing them emerge 1 and 2. One more thing Tennessee for their asses kicked against good teams on the road the last 2 years. I'm never going to say Boomer sooner but I will enjoy it they beat Tennessee.
Yea, I get what you are saying man. It’s cool. I just know the ou is the cheatingist program in college football history.

Everybody needs to check the james madison vs North Carolina score...... right now.

5 minutes to go in the 1st half and it's JMU 46 and NC 21

Everybody needs to check the james madison vs North Carolina score...... right now.

It doesn’t surprise me. Well, that bad of UNC ass kicking does, but James Madison has been doing well since they became D1 in ‘22

I predict Mack will lose his job this year. Why? I just saw some highlights. First video, the UNC WR in the pick 6 doesn’t bother to pursue after his defender intercepted. Second video, students with the middle finger leaving the stadium. It is still possible UNC can comeback and win it, but that is a mighty tall order. Possibly overreacting, but It is possible Mack has lost his team and the fans

Vandy about to go up on Misery...strangeness in the air today....I hope our guys didnt eat the cheese.

….I’m also not sold on Tennessee. I think they just ran up the score on an overrated (and mediocre bad) ACC team…

I’m revising my original post. NC State just got thumped hard by Clemson. Their last 21 points were trash time, in the 4th quarter, against backups. Their last TD literally came in the last 11 seconds. They were blown out much worse than the score shows. They’re not good at all. Not even mediocre, so Tennessee hasn’t played anyone with a s**t. They’ve run up the score against bad teams to make themselves look better than they really are… I think the sooners win by two scores in Norman.

• Wow
They been thumping USC.

In before aggy says "but USC hasn't played anybody".....
If Elmo, I mean Elko, had started Reed from the beginning instead of that hack Weigman, aggy would be 3-0 and in the top 5. Just ask anyone on texags.

After watching the tOSU game earlier, and now Michigan, I’m starting to really like the Wolverines odds. I know they have the entire regular season until then, but if they were playing today, I’m confident that Michigan wins it. The buckeyes have a lot of work to do between now and then.

After watching the tOSU game earlier, and now Michigan, I’m starting to really like the Wolverines odds. I know they have the entire regular season until then, but if they were playing today, I’m confident that Michigan wins it. The buckeyes have a lot of work to do between now and then.
dont count your eggs just yet, Meatchicken trying to give this game away any way they can.

I’m revising my original post. NC State just got thumped hard by Clemson. Their last 21 points were trash time, in the 4th quarter, against backups. Their last TD literally came in the last 11 seconds. They were blown out much worse than the score shows. They’re not good at all. Not even mediocre, so Tennessee hasn’t played anyone with a s**t. They’ve run up the score against bad teams to make themselves look better than they really are… I think the sooners win by two scores in Norman.
I don’t know, @txleapd I would keep your original. UH which went into the SAS home field and almost won, but today UH gets thumped by Cinci. Going down that path can lead to some strange places.