ADVERTISEMENT

Best non TX games this week

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I was going to wait till the end of the week but since westx is trying to take my thread away from me

SMU/TCU the mustangs won in dramatic fashion last week so who knows

Cow college/AR I don't AR I guess dyk the SEC network has its own gameday?

SC/ORS Trojan's off to a good start with new coach watch them closely.

ND/WI neutral site game I'll take WI.

ISU/Baylor diadevic we'll find out how good the 2021 bears are this Saturday.

Btw I watched some of the UT east/Chiefs game the other night. Great game but what I liked most was hearing the roar of the crowd I really missed that.

Reactions: westx
Wisc beats ND L
Utah State beats Boise L
WKU beats Indiana Lost, but covered W
WVU gives OU all they can handle. I wouldn't be surprised if WV wins the game Lost, but covered W
Texas beats Tech in a close, high scoring game W
SMU beats TCU W
Arkansas beats a&m W
Florida will demolish the other UT W
NC State beats Clemson W

I was going to wait till the end of the week but since westx is trying to take my thread away from me

SMU/TCU the mustangs won in dramatic fashion last week so who knows

Cow college/AR I don't AR I guess dyk the SEC network has its own gameday?

SC/ORS Trojan's off to a good start with new coach watch them closely.

ND/WI neutral site game I'll take WI.

ISU/Baylor diadevic we'll find out how good the 2021 bears are this Saturday.

Btw I watched some of the UT east/Chiefs game the other night. Great game but what I liked most was hearing the roar of the crowd I really missed that.
I has not the understands

Texas beats Tech
Rattler continues his assault on NCAA record books - many couches will burn when the dust settle.
Arkie gonna give Aggie the business

Interesting question.
If Texas beats Tech, and Arkansas beats A&M or even plays them close does that change how you look at that loss? It would for me a little bit

It looks like BYU is for real in 2021. They're ranked 16th and if Cincinnati stumbles they could be the at large team in the FB which is where the at large team will play this year. Also they're 3/0 against the Pac XII so far and they could be 5/0 against them by the time the season ends. Look for their game against SC on 11/27.

Because Tulane had to reschedule OK has played their first 4 games at home. WV has never beaten OK since they joined the Big XII. I don't know enough about them to know if they have a chance to beat OK.

NCS over Clemson? I don't think so.

I have the o/u at 23 coaches that Finebaum says will be the next coach at SC. He's already at 3 and Helton was fired just a week ago. Is 23 to low?

It looks like BYU is for real in 2021. They're ranked 16th and if Cincinnati stumbles they could be the at large team in the FB which is where the at large team will play this year. Also they're 3/0 against the Pac XII so far and they could be 5/0 against them by the time the season ends. Look for their game against SC on 11/27.

Because Tulane had to reschedule OK has played their first 4 games at home. WV has never beaten OK since they joined the Big XII. I don't know enough about them to know if they have a chance to beat OK.

I have the o/u at 23 coaches that Finebaum says will be the next coach at SC. He's already at 3 and Helton was fired just a week ago. Is 23 to low?
NC State's defense is tough and Clemson has no offense. Also, the game is @ NC State. Clemson is ripe for an upset loss.

Baylor is no. 5 in the country in rushing offense, no. 4 in total offense. Home game. 7 point dog. My early Christmas present to you - take BU and the points. Baylor 35, Iowa St. 24.

Reactions: Belldozer1
It should be number 1 in the nation considering the schedule. Texas State, Texas Southern, and Kansas.
Hey - we lost to UTSA and Liberty a couple of years ago. I'll take it! But the point is they are much more physical than they have been in the past.

Hey - we lost to UTSA and Liberty a couple of years ago. I'll take it! But the point is they are much more physical than they have been in the past.

Gotta take into consideration who Baylor has put those numbers up against though. Basically three high school teams.

Gotta take into consideration who Baylor has put those numbers up against though. Basically three high school teams.
Yeah Baylor, Tech and WVU while certainly improved are still probably 7-9 in the conference in some order

Fort Worth beats Dallas

aggy is too unimpressive against bad teams. I will take arky

ND beats Wisc

ou bets WV. could be an upset special, but I am not calling it.

ISU beats Baylor

Okie Lite beats KSU. Should be a good game.

Interesting question.
If Texas beats Tech, and Arkansas beats A&M or even plays them close does that change how you look at that loss? It would for me a little bit
It would definitely give a good indication of where Texas stands going into to TCU. I say this because it will show improvement. A lot of missed assignments from TX offense and defense allowed for Arky’s beatdown. Thus, any indication of improvement is a good thing. The biggest fear is if Tech and aggy both win, which would indicate to me that Texas is more bad than Arky was good in that beatdown.

one final thought is that if Texas beats Tech and then beats what I consider a good TCU team the following week, look out. This is a very very bullish sign to me.

It would definitely give a good indication of where Texas stands going into to TCU. I say this because it will show improvement. A lot of missed assignments from TX offense and defense allowed for Arky’s beatdown. Thus, any indication of improvement is a good thing. The biggest fear is if Tech and aggy both win, which would indicate to me that Texas is more bad than Arky was good in that beatdown.

one final thought is that if Texas beats Tech and then beats what I consider a good TCU team the following week, look out. This is a very very bullish sign to me.

Yeah and they can win both of these games. TCU is good, but I don’t believe they are miles ahead of Texas. Remember last year it was 33-31 TCU. and the OU game was an overtime loss. So Texas very well may lose both those games, but they could easily win them to, and if they do the calculus of the season certainly changes.

Baylor is no. 5 in the country in rushing offense, no. 4 in total offense. Home game. 7 point dog. My early Christmas present to you - take BU and the points. Baylor 35, Iowa St. 24.
This will be an interesting game. This is considered best Iowa St. team in literally a couple decades I think

This will be an interesting game. This is considered best Iowa St. team in literally a couple decades I think
Well, theoretically on paper. Did you happen to catch the stats from the ISU/Iowa game? ISU out gained Iowa 339 total yards to 173 and they still managed to sh*t the bed and lose 27-17. However, they threw 3 interceptions and lost one fumble. Jeez!

Wisc beats ND
Utah State beats Boise
WKU beats Indiana
WVU gives OU all they can handle. I wouldn't be surprised if WV wins the game
Texas beats Tech in a close, high scoring game
SMU beats TCU
Arkansas beats a&m
Florida will demolish the other UT
NC State beats Clemson
Give me Notre Dame and the points..
don’t care about Utah St vs Boise
Give me West Virginia and the points..also wouldn’t be shocked to see OU lose. Rattler continues to try and make big plays when great plays are right in front of him..his biggest weakness
Texas wins by 17+
Don’t care but TCU over SMU
Nervous about my Ags..both defenses are really good but I give the offensive edge to Arky ever so slight. If we don’t turn the ball over we win.
Tennessee stays within spread..maybe 17 point loss
NC State plays close to Clemson. I’ll take NC State +10

Give me Notre Dame and the points..
don’t care about Utah St vs Boise
Give me West Virginia and the points..also wouldn’t be shocked to see OU lose. Rattler continues to try and make big plays when great plays are right in front of him..his biggest weakness
Texas wins by 17+
Don’t care but TCU over SMU
Nervous about my Ags..both defenses are really good but I give the offensive edge to Arky ever so slight. If we don’t turn the ball over we win.
Tennessee stays within spread..maybe 17 point loss
NC State plays close to Clemson. I’ll take NC State +10
Your run defense isn't good, Arkie run offense is. Bad combo

Reactions: LonghornMM
Arkie D is good and getting better as the season goes along.
Arkie run offense is also good. Not impressed with the passing game although the QB can get needed yards with his legs if he has to.
If A&M can force Arkie to pass Ags win.
I’m currently sending $ to Fayetteville so I pick Arkie for the win.

Yes there were some missed assignments but that didn’t attribute to the Arky beat down. We just got our asses kicked. Plain and simple. Sadly, I saw the beat down in person.

Reactions: westx
Yes there were some missed assignments but that didn’t attribute to the Arky beat down. We just got our asses kicked. Plain and simple. Sadly, I saw the beat down in person.
My main point is that we saw some very bad things against Arky. No one denies that. But, this game is a must win whether ugly or convincingly. It won't erase the Arky disaster, but it will be a small step in the right direction. Now, in my opinion, the TCU game next week will confirm if what we saw in AR is going to fester the rest of the season. On the other hand, it will be huge in demonstrating the ship has righted from the Arky game where it was a badly prepared team by the coaches and a badly coached in game adjustment(other than putting Casey in the game) and that it was a punch in the face waking coaches and players up to the urgency of being ready for conference play. I hate the idea that a coaching staff getting paid as much as ours would even need this kind of punch in the face, but I can grant a mulligan. I can understand a loss, but losing like we did is just humiliating.

Looks you better think so on NC State over Clemson. Me and MM tried to warn you..

Texas beats Tech
Rattler continues his assault on NCAA record books - many couches will burn when the dust settle.
Arkie gonna give Aggie the business
Welp looks like I was spot on. Rattler on fire. Oh what I'd give to be able to post on Texags right now

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT