ADVERTISEMENT

Best show on TV starts again next week

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Apple TV.

Stay with me here-- Ted Lasso is right up there with the Soprano's in entertainment, funnier than Entourage, more realistic than The Walking Dead, and as British (but not) as Game of Thrones.

For those that don't know-- this is the role that Jason Sedacus was made for. He won an Emmy for his character.

He plays a college football coach from Wichita state that wins a division 2 natty, and gets hired to coach a Premier League English soccer team. Errrr... why?

Because the owner of the team and his wife went through a nasty divorce, and she got the team. She decides to break it off in his ass and destroy the only thing he's ever loved in his life-- the soccer team. This is why she hires Lasso-- she knows he'll fail.

Problem is, Ted's down home folki-ness and total team building attitude starts rubbing off on his sour puss British boss and his sarcastic British players. Next thing you know- the individuals start acting as a team.

Season 1 is a riot but ends as a disappointment for the team. Season 2 starts next week which gives you knuckle heads enough time to get caught up on season 1 before season 2 starts.

Got an email from Apple this morning that my free subscription ends...on July 23rd. Imagine that. It should go thru end of July but they'd miss $4.99 that way. I'll pay for one month.

Anyway, agree with Clob, Best show by far.

Apple TV.

Stay with me here-- Ted Lasso is right up there with the Soprano's in entertainment, funnier than Entourage, more realistic than The Walking Dead, and as British (but not) as Game of Thrones.

For those that don't know-- this is the role that Jason Sedacus was made for. He won an Emmy for his character.

He plays a college football coach from Wichita state that wins a division 2 natty, and gets hired to coach a Premier League English soccer team. Errrr... why?

Because the owner of the team and his wife went through a nasty divorce, and she got the team. She decides to break it off in his ass and destroy the only thing he's ever loved in his life-- the soccer team. This is why she hires Lasso-- she knows he'll fail.

Problem is, Ted's down home folki-ness and total team building attitude starts rubbing off on his sour puss British boss and his sarcastic British players. Next thing you know- the individuals start acting as a team.

Season 1 is a riot but ends as a disappointment for the team. Season 2 starts next week which gives you knuckle heads enough time to get caught up on season 1 before season 2 starts.
It's a fantastic show. I can't think of any other R rated comedy that turned out to be so wholesome and full of life lessons. The darts scene is great.

Knuckleheads--are you caught up yet?

Episode 5 of season 2 is epic. She's a rainbow.

love Beaver....watch it every weekday morning on ME TV, 7-8 a.m......also, Combat with Vic Marrow, Saturday nights on Heros and Icons, 8 p.m. followed by Rat Patrol.
Can’t go wrong with the sage advice from Ward Cleaver.

Word to the wise - listen to The Clob. He knows things… and he may, or may not have access to the nuclear codes.

Reactions: clob94 and danhorn
love Beaver....watch it every weekday morning on ME TV, 7-8 a.m......also, Combat with Vic Marrow, Saturday nights on Heros and Icons, 8 p.m. followed by Rat Patrol.
Listen, if you liked the Beaver and you like Andy Griffith, you'll love this show. Ted Lasso is a modern day Andy Griffith at heart.

listen to The Clob. He knows things… and he may, or may not have access to the nuclear codes.

it was just that one time......... I behaved myself.

Listen, if you liked the Beaver and you like Andy Griffith, you'll love this show. Ted Lasso is a modern day Andy Griffith at heart.

listen to The Clob. He knows things… and he may, or may not have access to the nuclear codes.

it was just that one time......... I behaved myself.
Watched Ted Lasso last year… best show on Apple. Waiting for season 4 of Yellowstone. Beth Dutton is The Man!

Reactions: clob94
No interest in soccer and only watch football and old movies on TV. Regular news too depressing and can get that on the net. But will check this one out given the football connection.

No interest in soccer and only watch football and old movies on TV. Regular news too depressing and can get that on the net. But will check this one out given the football connection.
All I ask is that you pay attention. The Brits have different words for things than we do and sometimes it can get confusing. The show trues to guide you with humor.

Example:

"So if I get fired from my job and I throw my cleats in the trunk......."

"You got the boot and put your boots on the boot."

They don't call soccer cleats "cleats or shoes" they call them boots. Also, what we call the trunk of a car is also called a boot.

A cigarette is called a "fag" which is obviously a gay slur in out culture-- but they do have a little fun with that one.

Reactions: weevilcatch
But it was called "fag" 60 years ago. You are probably too young remember. But will take your advice and check it out. Remember some movie about a young Indian girl who was a great soccer player in the UK youth leagues. Can't remember the name of it. Only soccer movie I liked besides the WWII movie with Stalone.

But it was called "fag" 60 years ago. You are probably too young remember. But will take your advice and check it out. Remember some movie about a young Indian girl who was a great soccer player in the UK youth leagues. Can't remember the name of it. Only soccer movie I liked besides the WWII movie with Stalone.
Bend it like Beckham.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Got some oral surgery done the other day. Been binge-watching Sons of Anarchy over the weekend. Takes me back to some good (and bad) days in the gang unit.

Speaking of TV, I cut the cable cord and picked up Hulu, anyone around here know where I can get CFB games next week? The ESPN+ crap that came with Hulu is just a bunch of movies I don't care about and a shit ton of previously played volleyball games and soccer. @2300 Nueces you cut the cord didn't you?

I’d go with Leave it to Beaver… 😉
or the one with the hillbillies.
WHEEEE.....DOGGIE......

Beverly Hillbillies was great as was Leave it to Beaver, Lone Ranger, Dennis The Menace, Ozzie and Harriet, Mr. Ed, Mickey Mouse Club etc. The 50' and 60's were filled with irreplaceable and unforgettable tv shows.
joOuQmI.png

Reactions: danhorn and freeper
Bend it like Beckham.
That's it. You a soccer fan? Go into the local sports bar expecting 3/4 of the TVs will be on NFL or college football. Half of them are on Mexican or S. American soccer games. WTF? So grab my burger and beer and go home.

Reactions: Belldozer1
That's it. You a soccer fan? Go into the local sports bar expecting 3/4 of the TVs will be on NFL or college football. Half of them are on Mexican or S. American soccer games. WTF? So grab my burger and beer and go home.
Nah man, I'm a football fan. But Ted Lasso isn't just about soccer. It's about football. It's about life. It's about love. It's funny as hell.

Just give it shot.

WHEEEE.....DOGGIE......

Beverly Hillbillies was great as was Leave it to Beaver, Lone Ranger, Dennis The Menace, Ozzie and Harriet, Mr. Ed, Mickey Mouse Club etc. The 50' and 60's were filled with irreplaceable and unforgettable tv shows.
joOuQmI.png
A horse is a horse of course of course and you could never talk to horse of course unless you are talking to the famous Mr Ed.

One soccer movie I really like is kicking and screaming hahaha I just had to make a joke of it. But I do like green street hooligans if you haven't watch it give it a try.
There are a few classic scenes in Kicking and Screaming. Like when Will Ferrell is hyped up on too many cups of coffee and screams at the geek, pasty face timid dad at a soccer game to have some pride and tuck in his shirt. Will Ferrell goes on to yell at the dad to get him a juice box and to run some laps. Hilarious scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoboCocks21
Got some oral surgery done the other day. Been binge-watching Sons of Anarchy over the weekend. Takes me back to some good (and bad) days in the gang unit.

Speaking of TV, I cut the cable cord and picked up Hulu, anyone around here know where I can get CFB games next week? The ESPN+ crap that came with Hulu is just a bunch of movies I don't care about and a shit ton of previously played volleyball games and soccer. @2300 Nueces you cut the cord didn't you?

go buy ya a Fire stick, i got one and pay 12 a month for 2000 channels, all HBO's ..etc and 150 sports channels , every College FB game in US to pick from and NFL and got channels from all over the world and its legal..4 times the channels Spectrum offers ...I watch 4 College FB games at same time

You will need HULU Live to get the sports channels on HULU,

Sling has the ESPN networks, LHN, SEC Network, B10, ACC, and all that stuff. It doesn't have ABC, NBC, or CBS

YoutubeTV has all the sports channels except LHN, but it has local channels.

I think FUBU TV has most sports channels but not LHN.

Go to their websites and look at their plans and pick the best one for you. I think the quality is good on all them.

ESPN+ will have some games on it each week that the bigger networks don't pick up.

Reactions: freeper
go buy ya a Fire stick, i got one and pay 12 a month for 2000 channels, all HBO's ..etc and 150 sports channels , every College FB game in US to pick from and NFL and got channels from all over the world and its legal..4 times the channels Spectrum offers ...I watch 4 College FB games at same time
Which service is that?

ADVERTISEMENT