ADVERTISEMENT

Best thing that ever happened to the Big12 is ...

Funny how zero of the national media agree with you and sports illustrated has said A&M has been the biggest winner in conference realignment.

But whatever!

Reactions: KSig44
Triggered another aggy...... wasn't even trying. Taking out pocket knife to add another notch to the bedpost.

Don’t you know that insulting the SEC or Jimbo is worse than insulting their own mom? You might start getting death threats.

Funny how zero of the national media agree with you and sports illustrated has said A&M has been the biggest winner in conference realignment.

But whatever!

Glad aggy is gone. No take backs. Their weirdness is the $EC's to deal with now.

Zero conference championships, very few wins over “rivals,” yup y’all are definitely winning

Someone please fill me in...who are their "rivals" now? I know South Carolina and Arkansas are supposed to be, but weren't they trying to get LSU to agree to be a rival? Wonder what LSU peeps are saying?

aggy's success = winning just one more game than Texas-regardless of each team's record, and never mind that fact that the two schools no longer play each other in football. Having one more seat than DKR has. "Winning halftime". Belonging to a better conference, even though they are like the dork kid who gets picked last and gets to play on a good team, while contributing nothing to the overall success of the team.

That's aggy. =)roll

Hook'em!
27-25
76-37-5

Kind of funny how Kirk Herbstreit, Andy Staples, Rick Neuheisel, etc. say the same things about A&M and the Big 12 that is said on here. I guess it all must be true.:D

Kind of funny how Kirk Herbstreit, Andy Staples, Rick Neuheisel, etc. say the same things about A&M and the Big 12 that is said on here. I guess it all must be true.:D
Looking around the room for who appointed rick neuheisal "god"....... nope. Nobody.

Andy staples is a deushe canoe.... I listen to his show from time to time..... but until I can no longer stomach his ignorance on the subject of college football.

Kirk herbstreet is still pissed at Texas for throwing charlie out on his losing a$$. Remember the "cesspool" comment? Ya, so do we.

Back to the subject at hand-- you're a tshirt aggy troll who's mother didn't breast feed him as a child, thus your need for attention, positive or negative, is obvious. I'm sorry daddy drank. I'm sorry mommy ignored you. I'm sorry you were always picked last for kickball. I'm sorry every girl you asked to prom said "no". I'm sorry that life in general hasn't worked out the way you wanted it to.
You can still get help. There are programs available to help people like you. Swallowing a hand full of pills or a lead bullet isn't the only answer. The voices in your head aren't real-- you have friends that care. We can help you.

As far as aggy goes, now that they are gone I don't ever want to play them again and I hope they become Arkansas and are less than mediocre until the end of the world.

But, is the big 12 better with them gone? I don't think so.

Truth is we are in a pretty bad conference.

As far as aggy goes, now that they are gone I don't ever want to play them again and I hope they become Arkansas and are less than mediocre until the end of the world.

I understand the way you feel about the Aggies even if I disagree.

The Big 12 is pretty much a fly over conference but have you ever visited the towns of the B1g. It's a dump. Rust belt bankruptcy bust. Then there's the $ec... I recently drove to Pensacola and wow! I thought I just followed Sherman through that dump. Maybe he should go back through and burn it again. Austin is head and shoulders above anything in the big or $ec. Fort Worth is very nice as well.... Sundance Square! Collie station is a skid mark. There are a few new box stores next to campus.... try driving to bryan. Keep er loaded.

i've heard tuscaloosa is nice, actually. hilly and scenic and what-not. and fayetteville used to be pretty-- haven't been there in years. but i made the mistake of driving to disney world, so i hit the heart of secsec and... yeah... it sucks.

Colorado leaving was better for the big 12 than A&M leaving. They hadn't been relevant since the early 2000's. At least A&M has been in the national discussion in the last 10 years. Albeit, they usually fold immediately after.

Reactions: BobWeltlich
I very much wish Texas A&M and Nebraska were still in the Big XII. I wish we actually had 12 teams. I wish we had more blue blood programs and brand names (Aggies and Cornhuskers are worth a lot more than Horned Frogs and Mountaineers). TCU and WVU are good sports programs, but I'm not sure they provide more clout and recognition than even Colorado and Missouri. The Big XII was much more substantial with all 4 of those schools included. If I had to add just 2 back in, it would be TA&M and Nebraska.

Reactions: mm42
I'd like to see Arkansas and Nebraska in the Big 12. Colorado didn't add much and I don't think the majority of Big 12 fans and schools miss a&m or want them back.

You think if A&M wanted back in the Big 12, the conference would say no?

You think if A&M wanted back in the Big 12, the conference would say no?

Actually, it would be nice to see a major realignment of all conferences and it would make sense to make them more geographically aligned. I couldn't care less about a&m and if Texas ever plays them again, or if they are in the same conference with Texas. No one misses aggy.

Reactions: ekal48
I respect your right to disagree, and I love my Longhorns, and I find most everything about A&M's proclivities quite goofy/strange, BUT...as a UT fan and a college football fan, I very much miss Texas A&M being in the Big XII. I very much miss playing them every Thanksgiving. I miss the in-state rivalries, the backyard brawls, etc.. Growing up there was so much pride in the state of Texas and in the school people ended up at, and there was so much tradition wrapped up in the Thanksgiving games and the marches and the rallies. I think it's sad that all of that is gone. And I think it's sad that Texas A&M going to the SEC has watered down the region and bled the borders so now being a Texas kid no longer means something special enough to go to a Texas school. A&M to the SEC has really drained a lot of the pride and perspective from the state east into that conference.

I do. I like A&M. I liked having them in our conference.

I don’t know the exact W-L record between our two schools, but under Stoops there were some pretty close games, especially at the end of their time in the conference.

I would love to play them again as they currently have scoreboard.

Reactions: BobWeltlich
Actually, it would be nice to see a major realignment of all conferences and it would make sense to make them more geographically aligned. I couldn't care less about a&m and if Texas ever plays them again, or if they are in the same conference with Texas. No one misses aggy.

You didn’t answer my question. Would the Big 12 take A&M back?

You didn’t answer my question. Would the Big 12 take A&M back?
Sure they would. But can you imagine it happening? We would come limpy back with our tails between our legs. Admitting we can't play with the SEC big boys. That would be humiliating. We would be Iowa State or Baylor in that scenario, taking whatever OU & UT dished out and saying I'll take another please. Sure they'd take us back, our tears would be too delicious to say no. It'll never happen, but if it did we'd be dead. Same for Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, or even Colorado. 0% chance any of these teams return.
Only way this ever happens is if the conferences are wiped out and the big 64 teams merge. And it wouldn't be the Big12 or SEC at that point.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT